Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    The only thing needed to fix Gungnir as a weapon is to make it such that def down procs never overwrite a stronger def down effect (this should apply to all forms of def down; Acid Bolts should not overwrite Angon, basic merit Angon should not overwrite relic+2 Angon, etc).

The relic weaponskill could use an overhaul, but that could be said of almost all relic weaponskills, so is a completely separate issue.

The aftermath is largely irrelevant since you'll never use the relic weaponskill. Until the relic weaponskills are overhauled, there's no reason to consider any aftermath changes.

The problems with drg's damage are due to two issues:

1) The inability to get both the attack+DA of /war and the haste+store tp of /sam. All three other 2-hander jobs (war, drk, sam) get both benefits (or basically equivalent, in the case of drk/war). While this makes drg the weakest of the 2-hander jobs, it's better to say that it puts drg in amongst all the other DD jobs in the game (and probably more at the lead of those other jobs), and that it's a flaw in allowing just those 3 jobs to get those doubled-up benefits.

2) The horrible weaknesses of the wyvern in high-level content (mainly breath attacks and the usual problems of buffing pets).

Neither of those are the fault of Gungnir, which is itself a solidly respectable weapon. If you factored out the double benefits those other 2-handed jobs get, a Gungnir drg would be roughly on par with them.
    (10)

Character
    Solidous
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have an idea that could fix a lot of the jobs problems as well at remove the LOLgungnir waste of 200mil mindset.
    Change Geirskogul properties to hp drain like catastrophe but to heal you pet instead. The Dev team farctors in the pets damage yet the poor thing is always dead (even with the pdt they added a while back). This would not only up the pets suvivability but also boost you damage, and would let a drg play like a drg, not a drk sam or war. The pet offers many great things but on anything over DC its only use is for an extra body to take 10,000 needles or Odin V1 10k move....
    (0)

Apoc 99 Rag 99 Borealis Caladbolg Almace

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    My wyvern survives fine at ADL, Legion(even Mul), and Provenance. Usually, the only time he dies, is if I die. Or I get amnesia'd and can't use Spirit link/steady wing. And I'm not going so far as to carry Dawn Mulsum.

As for the Geirskogul idea. People still wouldn't use it. Geir is SO bad, that you'll likely get more DMG from NOT having a wyvern and using normal jumps +Stardiver. A wyvern restore on Geir would be purely a solo tool. And not one that's really needed.
    (3)

Character
    Solidous
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well then you wyvern's name must be Fafnir, last time I check pet cant get PD. O.o; I am trying to give the weapons skill utility to used when needed. if they want to up the damage or change the mods im all for it too. Now if you pet survives Botulus Rex id be impressed. Call wyven's recast is 20 minutes lets not forget that.
    (0)

Apoc 99 Rag 99 Borealis Caladbolg Almace

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Correct, you can't spirit link PD to wyvern(or embrava -.-). But most of the fights are short, and there should be stunners preventing some of the AoEs. Now, this does assume a competent group, and that things went well. But If things go badly in any of those events, your wyvern's survival will be the least of your worries.

Wyvern's also have a innate -40% DT. And steady wing SS can block a good ~1.5K DMG when timed right(technically, you can get more outta it than that, but letting the wyvern get too low before using it is risky. Wyverns have far greater survivability than they used to.

I think gungnir owners would rage hard if SE did decide to adjust gungnir, then made the change a wyvern enhancement.

Really, DRG just needs adjustments in general, rather than relic specific fixes. Although I do think the add def down overwriting angon should be addressed.
    (8)

Player
    Wyverns have better survivability than Dragoons do, unless you count PD which soon won't matter much.
    (0)

Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Hello Ophannus,

Haven't played in months, but seeing a thread like this asking for help on likes does make me want to come back and be like alright! Some sense still stands in this game!

I hope it works out Ophannus, not really for my sake, I'd love it if Gungnir was better. It feels like such a wasted investment, and a regret for me since I put an entire LS through HELL for it.

It'd be nice to see something from it put to greater use than it's current standing.

In any case,

Kind regards.
    (3)

Player
    I always viewed Gugnir as the solo dragoons choice in a ultimate weapon, we do have two other weapons you can use that have better aftermaths for party/alliance play and might i also point out stardiver's aftermath. please dont fix it if anything just balance it out i plan on owning this weapon in the future. fix the modifier to vit or something :3

Edit: upon further reading i concur with fixing the defense down.
    (0)
    Last edited by Umichi; 12-11-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'd rather SE didn't put all their time into fixing gungnir and simply jut fixed DRG so that it can compete with other DD's. It's a great job and Gungnir would also be better if DRG was better. Nobody really uses relic ws's or at least not that i've seen simply because the merit ws's are better and I don't think DRG should have more priority because that will lead to nerfs later on and drg can't afford to be nerfed!
    (1)

Character
    Pyrowe
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Something definitely needs to be done with Gungnir's modifier. I mean AGI? It's supposed to be thunder based and therefore DEX should be the mod. And the least they could do is not have def. down overwrite Angon or a more powerful one. Those two things alone would make most DRG happy. so please SE its a simple fix!!
    (1)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast