Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thanks, this is a lot of advice to read on, I'll get working right away on trying to at least look like a tank instead of trying to jump straight into VNM trials.
    (0)

Yeah, sorry Byrth. I forgot to include the evasion bonus DNC gets when I made my last post. That bumps them up past nin again, even if their skill rating is lower than nin.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-01-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Skilling up is another good reasont to do magian trials. If you're gonna be killing shit anyway might as well be getting progress for it.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah I agree with you Raksha. Might as well do those trials even if in the end I don't finish them but get my skills capped.
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Ooooo, you'll finish, they're a lot like pretty girls to highscool boys, once you kiss one, you on em like flies on poo.
    (0)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Hello Pipps. I see you're on Leviathan like me. I have some friends who enjoy stuff like getting atmas for people, and desperately need stuff to do. We'd be glad to help you out since you really seem to want to improve. What kind of hours do you play? We aren't usually on at any certain time, but we can probably arrange something. You can reply here or if you see me on in-game (not likely) feel free to send a tell.
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hi, well I play usually from 12pm - 3 or 4am. Not had much luck getting atmas and ZB wins with Ombro yet, it's a huge work in progress.

On the good side my survivability has improved quite a bit after getting merits. Spent hours in Aby last night earning merit points. Also unlocked evisceration.
    (0)

Character
    Angrykitty
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'll acknowledge there are a few problems with dancer, one is that most of their abilities to cure or remove dubuffs are on a shared timer. This doesn't really make dancer a major tanking/soloing class for abyssea because most of the mobs that you are able to fight inflict status ailments that require full freedom of removing debuffs and curing (exception to those that have all the proper atmas to compensate for this). From my experience the best way to do anything in the game is to be as flexible as possible, sometimes subbing pld or whm is more effective than subbing ninja, also a lot of people forget that they have temporary items they can use. Other people focus way too much on stacking offensive capabilities that they completely forget about macroing defensive (-pdt/mdt) gear. All in all, it doesn't hurt to reference wiki as a resource and never be afraid to ask a stranger for help.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    Also unlocked evisceration.
    Right there is your major issue. You need to skill up! Evisceration is unlocked at 230 dagger skill. My dancer currently has 420 dagger skill (with max merits). I would guess that evasion is probably equally under leveled (mine is 412, also with max merits). Use skill up food while in merit parties and get that combat skill up!
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah mine is really crappy at the moment. Dunno what skill up food is. Tried getting skillups in merit parties and the problem is some mage or warrior rushes in on my target and completely steals hate. Getting those skills are not easy and then I get yelled at for expecting to get skillups in an xp party where they want to kill fast, but if I get lucky in fighting my own target then those points are already flowing in at 0.4 and 0.5 every few seconds. Currently eva is 299, dagger 257, parry 232.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast