Thread: Little BST help

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Sometimes it's worth losing some DT- to increase the speed of the fight such as possibly.

2x -10 PDT Axes, Ferine Quijotes+2, DG, MKD Hat, Zenith, Shepherd's Chain and RR. That way you'll have ~97 PDT- 70% MDT- and a good DD Atma to speed the battles up.
    you will have 100% -pdt.

I'm getting 9% reduction w/ ONLY Ferine Quijotes +2.
    2% from shepherd's chain.
    10% from hat
    21% -dt from gear alone
    then 20% from axes.
    50% from DG
    Zenith is 10%

also thats 81% -mdt

selemnus for another 3% mdt
    100% pdt-
    84% mdt-

and you still get Razed Ruins for decent damage.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The wiki doesn't say anything to the contrary. o_O

2x PDT- axes = 20% PDT
    MKD head with augs = 10% PDT + 10% MDT (10% DT, but I'm breaking this down for another reason)
    Shepherd's Chain = 2% PDT + 2% MDT (2% DT)
    Stout Servant (base) = ~5% PDT + ~5% MDT (~5% DT)
    Stout Servant (boost from Ferine Quijotes +1/2) = ~2% PDT + ~2% MDT (~2% DT)

Currently in gear we have ~39% (round up to 40% due to the slight variance on testimony for Stout Servant +1 boost) PDT and ~20% MDT. Not a bad start. We need 60% more PDT to hit the 100% mark.

Atma of the Zenith = 10% PDT + 10% MDT (10% DT)
    Atma of the Ducal Guard = 50% PDT + 50% MDT when HP < 50%

39/40% + 60% = 99/100% PDT
    20% + 60% = 80% MDT

Toss on Razed Ruins and you're golden. I like to have Mounted Champion around for when I'm getting hit or if the mob is a bit magic-spam happy, but at times where I can't afford to melee this works out better because my pet is taking none or next to no damage. Tada?
    (0)
    Last edited by Kensagaku; 05-02-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Garthbds
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    Pretty much what everyone else says but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Toss on Razed Ruins and you're golden. I like to have Mounted Champion around for when I'm getting hit or if the mob is a bit magic-spam happy, but at times where I can't afford to melee this works out better because my pet is taking none or next to no damage. Tada?
    I just full time Razed ruin for faster kills and use pet food. That's what it was created for. If it's a mob that casts magic sometimes you can get away with running in and out during casts so your not hit. Other times I just tank the magic till I am yellow then rest up while my pet does it's job. Never take off Razed Ruins bst solo'in is long enough. lol
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikel View Post
    Pretty much what everyone else says but.....

I just full time Razed ruin for faster kills and use pet food. That's what it was created for. If it's a mob that casts magic sometimes you can get away with running in and out during casts so your not hit. Other times I just tank the magic till I am yellow then rest up while my pet does it's job. Never take off Razed Ruins bst solo'in is long enough. lol
    Note the "or" there. xD And it's not RR I take off, my alternate setup is RR/MC/DG. If a mob is spam-happy with his spells, I have reward but I also have that gradual 20/tick HP for my pet that can actually help out in a pinch. But that's situational, for a pure tank RR/Zenith/DG is the best combo, yeah.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The wiki doesn't say anything to the contrary. o_O

2x PDT- axes = 20% PDT
    MKD head with augs = 10% PDT + 10% MDT (10% DT, but I'm breaking this down for another reason)
    Shepherd's Chain = 2% PDT + 2% MDT (2% DT)
    Stout Servant (base) = ~5% PDT + ~5% MDT (~5% DT)
    Stout Servant (boost from Ferine Quijotes +1/2) = ~2% PDT + ~2% MDT (~2% DT)

Currently in gear we have ~39% (round up to 40% due to the slight variance on testimony for Stout Servant +1 boost) PDT and ~20% MDT. Not a bad start. We need 60% more PDT to hit the 100% mark.

Atma of the Zenith = 10% PDT + 10% MDT (10% DT)
    Atma of the Ducal Guard = 50% PDT + 50% MDT when HP < 50%

39/40% + 60% = 99/100% PDT
    20% + 60% = 80% MDT

There, I've updated the wiki page now :P.
    I guess I forgot to update the page about stout servant before as I was focused on the equipment pages.
    It looks pretty clear from the record, that the stout servant +1 from quijotes took the 5% to 6.7%.
    At level 90 we have 6.7% already.
    The stout servant +1 from Ferine Quijotes +1/2 take it up 1 tier.
    tier III appears to be 9%
    6.7 is a 34% improvement from 5%
    9% is a 34% improvment from 6.7%
    I would not be surprised if BST sees 1 more tier of this by level 99.
    IF so, I'm guessing a 9% base reduction, and Quijotes should take it up to 12%
    (1)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    you will have 100% -pdt.

I'm getting 9% reduction w/ ONLY Ferine Quijotes +2.
    2% from shepherd's chain.
    10% from hat
    21% -dt from gear alone
    then 20% from axes.
    50% from DG
    Zenith is 10%

also thats 81% -mdt

selemnus for another 3% mdt
    100% pdt-
    84% mdt-

and you still get Razed Ruins for decent damage.
    Its also nice to have 2 Guichard's axe +1 with Pet Magic Defense bonus +9 for macroing in when u see spells. Or for NMs with purely magic damage like the ACP boss or Hross or The gargoulle boss in ulgerande whose name i cant remember xD

MDT and MDB dont truly stack together for reaching immunity but it does still help knock off a good chunk of damage.

quick math its kinda like if u were gunna get hit by a spell for 5k 84% MDT would make it only hit for 800

But 18 mdB and 84% MDT would make it hit for 656.

Admittedly tho, this macroing can be detrimental if your connection speed is low or your reflexes are bad. A tip: watch the pet health bar to tell when an attack has landed. I.E. spell starts casting> hit mdb axe macro> pet health bar goes down a sliver> hit PDT axe macro. If you wait for the text to promt the damage you will end up letting physical hits slip pass Physical immunity. And that kinda defeats the purpose of eeking out the extra magic reduction.
    (0)

Character
    Garthbds
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    I like to have Mounted Champion around for when I'm getting hit or if the mob is a bit magic-spam happy
    Noticed the "OR" personally on a magic spam happy mob I can't espically see dropping 10% both PDT and MDT by losing Zenith and replacing with regen being the better option. If it was a non magic mob you could evasion tank then ya I have done that. Now in all fairness there has been one mob I think you break even swaping out those atmas that cast magic and that's Amhuluk tanked with Dipper. Other then that one situation thou I've personally always found Zenith > Mounted champion for magic happy mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    if dont have zenith and almost impossible to get group together for nylze isle
    what is another suitable atma? atma of earth wyrm?
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    if dont have zenith and almost impossible to get group together for nylze isle
    what is another suitable atma? atma of earth wyrm?
    Only Zenith has 10% -dt
    Earth Wyrm and Tremors are NOT 10% each. My guess is 5% though I have not gone out to test them.

Atma of the Lion is 10% -pdt and it is a favorite as it also gives triple attack.
    If you really want the magic damage reduction as well... then I would say get full BA merits and use Carrie. Spamming bubble curtain. Ducal guard + bubble curtain will get 100% -mdt. And carrie does have high defense. although she will only be a level 85 pet.

Winged gloom is another option, but a desparate one. you will have 30 damge/tic as a penalty, and its rarely worth it, but situationally perfect.

Atma of the Future fabulous is a great mdb atma as well. you need to finish WotG for it though.
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think I missed a post some where.

I'm kind of surprised captain cool actually snapped at someone. I think you misread something tbh. I think they guy was suggesting an alternative so the OP would have quicker fight times.

yes his math was a little off ( probably due to information from wiki ) but I think the idea he was trying to put out there was for faster fight time and not the drawn out 60 minute solo fests that a lot of us do when we're bored.

sounded as if it were taken personal but I doubt the poster meant for it to rub someones fur the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    2 axes + head + neck + legs + ducal + zenith = 100% pdt

the fact that you dont know this personally tells me that u dont have all of these things and have never used them in abyssea. And that leads me to question wether or not u should be suggesting about stuff u dont know about.

And you can come back and argue with "well wiki says 2% for this and 10% for that" but my reply is GO GET ALL OF IT. Put it ON.
    watch 60k needles hit for 0.
    Then tell me its not 100%.
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast