Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

BST DoT increase: A modest suggestion

Hello SE,

I'd like to talk about the ability spur. Currently, the only effect spur has on the pet is store-tp. May we also have 15% haste added to the pet for 1.5 minutes?

And for all the beastmasters that read this, I strongly urge and spur you to like this post so that SE will look at it and give it serious consideration.

Thank you.
    (35)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I like this idea, but the devs hate us and don't want to make our ablities any better, especially the terrible ones. Also, I'm pretty sure an old BST will come in here to remind us of the few pieces of existing haste gear for pets and then try to imply that anyone who doesn't already have/use said gear is terrible and should quit the job.

It really is a nice idea, though.
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Hello SE,

I'd like to talk about the ability spur. Currently, the only effect spur has on the pet is store-tp. May we also have 15% haste added to the pet for 1.5 minutes?

And for all the beastmasters that read this, I strongly urge and spur you to like this post so that SE will look at it and give it serious consideration.

Thank you.
    I was gonna like... but then came the pun -.-
    (4)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Never gonna happen, but I liked anyway.
    (4)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    Never gonna happen, but I liked anyway.
    It's true. I could believe maybe 5%, but there's no way they'd consent to 15%. The main thing that makes Spur almost useless is that even without spur, our pet gains 100tp faster than our ready timer refills. Honestly the only time I use spur at all is when I first pull my pet out and start fighting just so I get the first attack sooner. After that it's pointless. What I would suggest instead, is increase our ready charges at higher levels. SCH gets more stratagems the higher they get, I feel like ready should get the same treatment. Even if it was only an increase from 3 to 4, it would make a difference. I keep hoping that maybe one day SE would do this, but I don't have my hopes very high I must admit.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well, if all the beastmasters come out and like the original post, they'll have no choice but to take notice. It's the least they own us from that pet TH fiasco.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Well, if all the beastmasters come out and like the original post, they'll have no choice but to take notice. It's the least they own us from that pet TH fiasco.
    Oh they'll notice. And if we're very very lucky they'll respond and say no. If not so lucky, they won't respond at all. They've taken plenty of notice over how overwhelmingly unhappy we are with the 2hr, but all we've gotten out of that is stoneskin instead of reraise. Not something I'd call a victory.
    (1)

Instead of asking for an Insane Amount of Haste, Why not ask for something, say, Reasonable? Yes 15% Haste is the average for a Spell, But when think about other Pet jobs, Some way worst off than BST... It seems Absurd. Everyone <3's their job the best, But we need to objectively handle improvements.

SMN and PUP Are the only jobs who's pets can receive haste, SMN Only has 1 Avatar, Garuda, Who can, and PUP only has 2 heads, RDM and WHM. So they're limited in that regard (And I'm 99% certain PUP Heads can't haste themselves, So i could be entirely wrong on PUP)

That said... Spur would be nice if it could be improved a little, But i recommend something way more realistic. Lets stick with the haste idea, But instead of making it 15%, How about 5%, or 10%?

Or, Better yet, Could always have Spur give a Slight Accuracy and Attack Boost. Right now, Spur offers what, Store TP 3 at base, But up to Store TP V with the Gloves?

Spur could also grant.

Accuracy Bonus III~V
    Attack Bonus III~V.

This wouldn't be as "Broken" in SE's eyes as 15% Haste for this ability, and would act as a slight Berserk/Aggressor for our pet. Adding a good chunk of Accuracy and Attack on top of the Store TP. Alternatively, It could add the above, as well as a small amount of haste (5%).

Have to think of it in terms of expected reality, Not wishlist numbers. Hope that helps, +1'd anyway.
    (4)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So bsaically you don't like this idea because it would be a nice thing. Why do you hate nice things?
    (2)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Augmented BST 2hr = +10% haste
    AMK head = + 5% haste
    Earthen feet = + 3% haste
    Moepapa Stone = + 5% haste

And Run wild also grants some haste

While i'm not saying it's broken there is already alot of pet Haste sources for bst
    (2)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast