Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Sooo... You're saying that if bst can do as much damage as other mele then people would only opt for bst and other mele would never get chosen? That makes no sense. If bst could do as much damage as other mele they would be included, as well as the other mele, in endgame events such as voidwatch.
    Wrong. Other melee require healing, buffing and constant upkeep, pets don't. If BST did as much damage as regular melee they wouldn't be as good as them, they would be strictly better. So bringing other melee also requires buffers and healers, which take up additional slots in the alliance, whereas BST wouldn't.

And I'm not saying that giving 15% haste to bst would solve all our problems, but it would be a start.
    And I'm saying BST doesn't have a problem. Your "TH nerf" didn't do shit to BST, it's still the best Dynamis farming job out there, and by a good margin. This is not your first suggestion to BST that stemmed from nothing more than you wanting your job of choice to be better for no reason other than you not feeling loved enough.

And to give an unqualified statement such as "15% haste is overpowered" without supporting argument is obtuse.
    First of all, it's been pointed out before why that's the case, a few times already just in this thread. Secondly, I don't feel the need to because you suggested it exactly the same way, with no supporting argument whatsoever other than "I want it", same as with your Guttler thread.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Who cares about Logwatch anyway?
    The OP.

Also, prove that 15% Haste is overpowered, please cite parses and/or statistical data supporting your claim.
    Asking for parses of something that doesn't exist, so if I can't provide them you think you win the argument? Clever move. But since you asked so nicely for an argument:
    Pets can already get 14% Haste (not counting Run Wild or augmented 2hr). Another 15% brings the total to 29%. That's 86% delay versus 71% delay. That's a 21% increase in damage output. So you're asking for the already best farming job (by far) and one of the best, if not the best survivor jobs to increase their damage output by more than one fifth of its original value. Several times larger than that if Run Wild is active, even larger with the 2hr active, since Haste gets more beneficial the higher the value gets.

As I said before, BST currently rank up there with melee RDM when it comes to the validity of their requests. They're not satisfied with what they have (and unlike RDM, they actually have a lot at this point in the game) and want something their class wasn't designed for to compensate for imaginary needs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Arcon; 09-01-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    A-ha! You're a beast hating troll, aren't you? I knew it!!!
    (3)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    The OP.
    The OP contains a general request to increase the effectiveness of Spur, VW wasn't mentioned specifically. The poster also doesn't mention VW specifically as the reason why Spur should be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon
    Asking for parses of something that doesn't exist, so if I can't provide them you think you win the argument? Clever move. But since you asked so nicely for an argument:
    Pets can already get 14% Haste (not counting Run Wild or augmented 2hr). Another 15% brings the total to 29%. That's 86% delay versus 71% delay. That's a 21% increase in damage output. So you're asking for the already best farming job (by far) and one of the best, if not the best survivor jobs to increase their damage output by more than one fifth of its original value. Several times larger than that if Run Wild is active, even larger with the 2hr active, since Haste gets more beneficial the higher the value gets.
    Please provide proof that Run Wild increases Haste. Also, what I'm getting from your post is that because we're good at farming and soloing 75 content we're not allowed to be viable for newer content? That's interesting.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The OP contains a general request to increase the effectiveness of Spur, VW wasn't mentioned specifically. The poster also doesn't mention VW specifically as the reason why Spur should be changed.
    I never said that. I said he cares about VW, because you asked me who did.

Please provide proof that Run Wild increases Haste.
    No.

Also, what I'm getting from your post is that because we're good at farming and soloing 75 content we're not allowed to be viable for newer content? That's interesting.
    You're not getting much. Not that I'd expect much, based on our previous encounters.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you can't provide simple proof then your claims are inaccurate at best. I love your taste in hats, by the way.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    If you can't provide simple proof then your claims are inaccurate at best.
    No, they're spot on. I said specifically that I did not count Run Wild in my argument. So why should I provide proof for something that's not part of my argument?

I love your taste in hats, by the way.
    Thanks.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So not having proof is OK in this one circumstance because...? You mentioned Run Wild as part of your above post in reference to Haste, and now you're saying you never included it despite mentioning it in your post as a source of Haste? All I asked was that you prove it does what you say. You still haven't proven the basis of your argument either, at this point it's like watching a Politician backpedal on the issues.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So not having proof is OK in this one circumstance because...?
    Because it's not part of my argument.

You mentioned Run Wild as part of your above post in reference to Haste, and now you're saying you never included it despite mentioning it in your post as a source of Haste? All I asked was that you prove it does what you say.
    Yes, I mentioned it. I said "not counting Run Wild". So even if it doesn't add any Haste at all, my argument still stands. You ask me to prove something that a) I can't prove and b) is not part of my argument or this thread.

You still haven't proven the basis of your argument either, at this point it's like watching a Politician backpedal on the issues.
    Everything I said is still valid. You're just nitpicking the one thing in my post that I can't prove, despite it being completely irrelevant. It's like not wanting to accept someone's argument for why movement speed is good because they can't prove the Riemann hypothesis.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If it's irrelevant then why did you mention it at all? You also implied that it's a source of Haste, which is why we're still talking about it. Your previous post claiming that if BST had a better Spur we would be the only job doing VW isn't far reaching at all either, it's just funny. We haven't been accepted for events for years now, one change does not have the capacity to make BST the only job used for anything, we still have a Ready timer that holds back our pet's TP moves. If it were actually possible for us to spam Lamb Chop or Fantod on bosses then I'd agree with you, but we both know that any change to Spur wouldn't facilitate that unless Ready were changed along with it. In fact, to get the job to the level you're trying to claim the entire thing would need a huge overhaul because it's just not built for massive damage output on a constant basis like heavy DD can.

I'm willing to agree that 15% Haste is a bit high for an ability on a 5 minute timer, but anyone claiming that boosting Spur in some meaningful way will suddenly throw off the delicate balance (lol) and make BST the only job anyone uses is completely ridiculous.
    (4)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    If it's irrelevant then why did you mention it at all?
    Because it's suspected to add Haste. And because I don't know for sure, I said that even without that, it's still a huge increase in DPS. Just so people wouldn't think that my calculations assumed shit that wasn't confirmed yet.

Your previous post claiming that if BST had a better Spur we would be the only job doing VW isn't far reaching at all either, it's just funny.
    Only I never said that. I said that BST won't be accepted to VW unless it deals the same amount of damage as heavy DDs. However, if they do the same damage as heavy DDs, they're not just great DDs but also have great survivability. Hence, they'd be objectively better than any other DD, and if they're better why would people want other DDs anymore? It's the pure truth that people will go for the best possible setups, which is why BST currently is not being invited to VW.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast