Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: New Blu Spells?

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Umm...you guys do realize we still have broken spells such as tourbillion and barbed crescent, yes?
    (4)

Character
    Lordkrys
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well thanks SE for the {Demoralizing Roar} you just dropped on me. Being someone who's played Blu as a main for 5+ years I'm really disappointed in this route they took. I'm sorry for a mini rant here, but do you Devs even play this game? It's already damn near impossible to get into Delve on Blu as it is.....and now this. Seriously, couldn't you (devs) just have updated the formula for Blu magic or something? I was so hoping (faceplam) that a simple adjustment might be made to the formula that made Blu magic more effective against high def mobs and ultimately it might lead to more Blu's getting a chance to shine in Delve. But I can't help but feel like this is the coffin nail for (my) Bluemage. I'm already burnt out on leveling and gearing a more Delve friendly job just so I can farm some stupid plasm. (Unfortunately my level 99 jobs aren't wanted in Delve) At least I was able to get 5/6 field nm KI's on Blu. Ironically the one to get the sword is the only one I don't have. I apologize if this sounds like QQ. I'm just tired and frustrated with this game and the people who are working on it. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go sulk in the corner with the Rdm community.
    (5)

Character
    Lordkrys
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    And fix our spells for Altana's sake already.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    what a way to piss off relic empy and mythic wielders even more, now they cant increase stats on their pet/blue magic physical spells without using other weapons.

I hope they add item levels to the improved rme when those are updated. just wish we didnt have to have 99 versions to update them as VW is pretty rare these days, i dunno how many heavy metal plates will be around anymore.
    and yet another tread turns into R/E/M rage ok not R because you never bothered to give blu one but really GIVE US AN ANSWER ON THIS NOW! not in 8 months when you get round to it, very simple question will R/E/M have item levels?
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Its kinda funny cause I dont get as worked up as alot of the RME owners out there, I just was looking forward to changes to the spells to make them better, then it turned out to be based on weapon so now I wont be able to use my almace for the better dmg. which leaves me with somewhat bad WSes. But i guess they were talking about unlockin WSes somehow right? But will prolly require a 99 version, so that wont happen for me either lol.

Sooooo, new blu spells right! Back on topic! What someone said earlier bout 2 updates from now (then they split this one) so prolly after August. Weren't the UI changes happening in summer too? Guess that got moved to Fall?
    (0)

Character
    Renasci
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The adjustment that was made in the July version update was performed in preparation for the new equipment and stat adjustments on existing equipment that will occur in the August version update.
    This could be promising... maybe.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It just seems like they are making this overly complicated for no discernible reason.

With the July version update it has become possible to increase the damage value of physical blue magic spells depending on the weapon you have equipped in your main hand, but in order for this to take place the weapon must have an item level displayed and there has to be stats that modify the weapon's skill.
    When I first read it, I got excited because it makes total sense to scale the damage value of physical blue magic depending on what weapon you equipped. I think it's silly to only apply it to item level weapons only but fine... given the state of how quickly people level now I can deal with that.

Some weapons that have displayed item levels have the effect of increasing combat skill strength.

This increase in combat skill strength differs from the effects of attributes such as "Sword skill +X," and are calculated independently for main and sub weapons.
    * At present, this increase is added only for a specific subset of equipment. Other equipment will be made compatible with this functionality at a later date.
    * This functionality will not be reflected in the combat skill section of the status screen.
    * For the hand-to-hand skill, values have been set with consideration given the fact that damage values increase as the skill increases.
    This honestly makes my brain hurt. Why call it club skill +188 if it is calculated differently? What also makes no sense is creating a whole slew of new equipment with absurd stats to fix Blue Magic spells. Would it have honestly been harder to just alter the Blue Magic formula to account for level of the enemy versus level of your Blue Magic skill?
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    This honestly makes my brain hurt. Why call it club skill +188 if it is calculated differently? What also makes no sense is creating a whole slew of new equipment with absurd stats to fix Blue Magic spells. Would it have honestly been harder to just alter the Blue Magic formula to account for level of the enemy versus level of your Blue Magic skill?
    I know right? WTF are they thinking? Was someone watching "The Dictator" when they came up with this?

"Club skill +188"
    "+10 club skill"

"that guy totally skilled you!"
    "Ewww dude, You have skill all over your face >.<"
    "I'd totally skill that chick..."
    (0)

At least it actually gives club skill...

The scythe says it gives axe skill lol! (obviously it actually gives scythe skill)
    (0)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12