Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Detoxy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Same issue here Ill wait for next update to see if it fixes it.
    (0)

Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This issue is still present as of the 09/07/2012 test server update. Just finished updating the test server files, restarted Playonline to be certain, clicking the test server play button results in Playonline disappearing for a second, like it'd be launching the game, but POL comes back up instead of the game, no error message.
    (0)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Mine's working fine. And I didn't have to reinstall or anything.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It never broke for some people. I had to reinstall, but now it works.
    (0)

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It would appear that something bad got mixed in somewhere along the line which started affecting users of the Test Client as of the August 24 update. These users have had an ongoing working Test Client for some time before the August 24 update. It is not affecting all users, so it is hard to say when the bad stuff actually got on to your machines. It is only that the August 24 update is the one that put the bad stuff in place to start causing the problem. The bad stuff may have been there for some time before August 24, but wasn't being used.

It is very doubtful that SE has any clue at all of what that something bad is, but it is not present in files available for downloading and updates at this time.

For any Test Client users that are having this issue of POL Viewer window closing and then just reopening again after clicking the Play on Test Server button, I would recommend that you uninstall the Test Client completely, then download all files again and reinstall and update it again to get it working again.

I was hoping the problem would go away on another update subsequent to the August 24 update when it went bad. Such would seem not to be the case.
    (0)

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The issue seems to be OS dependant. I can't get the new FFXI DLLs to load on Windows XP (32 bit).
    If I "downgrade" the client it attempts to start. I just cancel afterwards to not cause problems.

The issue is the NEW FFXI DLLs which don't work with older OSes...

And before people say "I reinstalled and it worked" I did reinstall and it DID NOT WORK for me.
    (0)

Player
    Found the culprit - Remove ROM9 folder from the FFXI Test Server directory.

Only took a full reinstall and directory compare to figure that out. FFXI won't boot up if that folder exists. ROM9 contains nothing that the game requires to run, so you're safe to move/remove it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kaisha; 09-25-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Character
    Unclebill
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Thanks Kaisha - after beating my head on my desk for about 4 hours trying to get the test server going again I finally found this post. After deleting ROM9 game launched correctly first try. Thanks!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2