Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Puppetmasters! Lend me your LIKES!!!

I know last year, some of us had proposed the idea of a Trial of the Magians: Animator for us to work on, but sadly it fell mostly on deaf ears.

Not sure if the Community Leaders (Camate, et. al) ever saw it, or hardly ever step foot into this section of the forums, but I digress.....

I have made a post in the "Mr. Matsui" thread in the "General Discussion" section of the forum. Please give a Like!! to the post, so that if it gains enough likes, it could be considered by the Development Team.

***I admit, when it comes to proposing ideas for Dev. Team consideration, I'm not the best at it. If anyone would like to elaborate further on my post in the Gen. Discussion forum, please do so.***
    (40)

Essentially, what I'm getting would be a category of magian trials that would give us animators with stats equal to our h2h trials. I fully support that.

Something worth noting is that for why this would be reasonable; with each trial, there's a difference between 1h and 2h results. For 2h weapons: Atk/Eva paths end in +26 stat, Acc/M.Acc/M.Eva trials end in +22 stat, and MAB/PDT/MDB trials end in +13 stat (or -13% in the case of PDT). For 1h weapons: Atk/Eva paths end in +22 stat, Acc/M.Acc/M.Eva trials end in +16 stat, and MAB/PDT/MDB trials end in +11 stat (or -11% in the case of PDT). This reduced stat value is balanced due to the drastic difference in weapon damage for 2h weapons, and the fact that 1h weapons can be dual wielded for double stats. However, h2h weapons were given the 1h style stats, without the benefit of being able to dual wield them.

Sure, one could argue that mnk really does NOT need that benefit. You know, though... pup does.

Mind you, I'm not saying anyone would honestly care about the the macc or meva trials at all, no one cares about those anyway except on the staves, but having the option to have animators with magian quality stat buffs would be a huge boon, especially given how absolutely worthless our animators are right now.

To be perfectly honest, these wouldn't even need to be the full stat values. Sure, bsts can DW two PDT axes or two MDB axes for a total of 22% bonus, and I would absolutely love that ability on pup, but even if it was only HALF as effective, it'd still be worth doing, entirely because it lets us take advantage of a slot we otherwise can't.

Right now, there are only two jobs in the game who have to give up their ability to use some of the really nice stat ammo in order to function. Brd and Pup. Brd trades off for its instruments, which allow it to use two songs (or 3-4 in the case of daurdabla) and at full potency (for the songs that are affected by wind/string skill). There's nothing they lose there, because the trade off is more than worth it. Conversely, while pup's animator allows the use of maneuvers, maneuvers really do nothing other than hurt our over all performance at high end events, and could just as easily be made to work without the animator at all, making it an arbitrary limitation. If the animators actually did something for us, or the puppet, beyond maneuvers, that would be a different story, but they don't. They give us a minuscule amount of dex and one of them (animator+1) also gives the pet a minuscule amount of HP/MP.

Besides, there's absolutely nothing to lose from giving pup this sort of trial. It wouldn't be the first job to have an entire line of trials all to itself (whm (club) drg (polearm) drk (scythe) rng (archery) war (gaxe) nin (katana) sam (gkatana)), and it wouldn't exactly be such a massive boost as to overpower pup, it would simply give us a really handy tool to work with and help us compete even just a little better with the other jobs.

As for how to go about it, it'd be very simple:

Two or Three types of trials:
    Type A: Master only stats (ie, the always present type, attribute +X stat +Y)
    Type B: the Pet type (ie: the one we're familiar with, attribute +X pet: stat +Y)
    and potentially Type C: the balanced split (attribute +X/2 Stat +Y/2 Pet: Attribute +X/2 Stat +Y/2)

So, using the current values, it would look like:

Type A: Heavy Animator (random animatorish name)
    allows the use of maneuvers
    STR+11 Attack +22

Type B: Heavy Animator
    STR+11
    Pet: Attack +22

Type C: Heavy Animator
    STR+6 Attack +11
    Pet: STR+6 Atk+11

I mean, sure, you could do something like
    Fire path: Enhances/Augments "Fire Maneuver" effect or something, but honestly, that's unnecessarily complicating matters.
    (11)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well, the example I gave in the Matsui thread gave buffs to both the master, and the puppet with the extra perk of 100% Overload prevention via Fire Maneuver. Although I do realize now, that's horribly broken.

Your idea, Jinte, sounds much better. 3 Types of animators per path. One entirely centered around the master, one entirely on the puppet, and one that's a combination of both. Excellent idea.

Based on your idea of the 3 types of Animators (per elemental path) here's what some of them would look like.

Wind Path

Master Path
    Gale Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers.
    AGI +11 Evasion +22

Puppet Path
    Gale Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    Pet: AGI +11 Evasion +22

Combo Path
    Gale Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    AGI +6, Evasion +11
    Pet: AGI +6 Evasion +11

And for kicks....

Light Path

Master Path
    Shining Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    CHR +11 Magic Evasion +22%

Puppet Path
    Shining Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    Automaton:CHR +11 Cure Potency +24%

Combo Path
    Shining Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    CHR +6, Magic Evasion +11%
    Automaton: Cure Potency +12%
    (4)
    Last edited by Siviard; 08-25-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    Well, the example I gave in the Matsui thread gave buffs to both the master, and the puppet with the extra perk of 100% Overload prevention via Fire Maneuver. Although I do realize now, that's horribly broken.

Your idea, Jinte, sounds much better. 3 Types of animators per path. One entirely centered around the master, one entirely on the puppet, and one that's a combination of both. Excellent idea.

Based on your idea of the 3 types of Animators (per elemental path) here's what some of them would look like.

Wind Path

Master Path
    Gale Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers.
    AGI +11 Evasion +22

Puppet Path
    Gale Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    Pet: AGI +11 Evasion +22

Combo Path
    Gale Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    AGI +6, Evasion +11
    Pet: AGI +6 Evasion +11

And for kicks....

Light Path

Master Path
    Shining Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    CHR +11 Magic Evasion +22%

Puppet Path
    Shining Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    Automaton:CHR +11 Cure Potency +24%

Combo Path
    Shining Animator
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    CHR +6, Magic Evasion +11%
    Automaton: Cure Potency +12%
    To be totally honest, the Pet-focused path should still give it's attributes (ie: str) to the master. Yes, it'd be awesome to be able to give the pet stat buffs like that, but the pet -really- doesn't need them, and the only ones that would be remotely obvious in performance would be the int and mnd paths. I'd rather have the str/vit/dex available for my use. Though, it could always be split so the magic-based paths went entirely to the pet (int/mnd/chr/mp) while the physical paths went to the master (str/dex/agi/vit) but that's a bit too excessive. Besides, every other trial follows this pattern, they wouldn't likely break it.

I do prefer your idea for the light path, though. Hell, you could even just replace magic evasion with cure potency for the master as well, since that'd have at least some use.

Honestly, if I were going to suggest anything extreme, it'd be adding a 4th path; Pet: Affinity: Damage+ That would additionally be able to force our puppet to nuke with a specific element rather than ALWAYSTHUNDERVOMFGTHUNDERFIIIIIIVEexceptwhenearthbasedmobs.
    (5)
    Siren Server since 2004
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Honestly, if I were going to suggest anything extreme, it'd be adding a 4th path; Pet: Affinity: Damage+ That would additionally be able to force our puppet to nuke with a specific element rather than ALWAYSTHUNDERVOMFGTHUNDERFIIIIIIVEexceptwhenearthbasedmobs.
    Wouldn't a Scanner fix that problem? Or does it not work "as intended" or something? I use WHM puppet almost 100% of the time so I wouldn't really know.

Anyway......continuing on with possible animators, I was toying with ideas on various elemental paths. Here's what I've conjured up so far.

Earth Path

Terra Animator (Master)
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    VIT +11 Damage Taken -11%

Terra Animator (Pet)
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    Automaton: VIT +11 Damage Taken -11%

Terra Animator (both)
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    VIT +6 Damage Taken -6%
    Automaton: VIT +6 Damage Taken -6%

***Ninja Edit*** - I apparently fail at using spoiler stuff. lol Help???
    (4)

I'll probably never actually level puppetmaster, but this seems like a fairly good idea.
    (1)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Dark Path

Shadow Animator (Master)
    STR +2 DEX +2 VIT +2 AGI +2 INT +2 MND +2 CHR +2
    Magic Accuracy +11%

Shadow Animator (Puppet)
    Automaton: STR +2 DEX +2 VIT +2 AGI +2 INT +2 MND +2 CHR +2 Magic Accuracy +11%

Shadow Animator (Both)
    STR +1 DEX +1 VIT +1 AGI +1 INT +1 MND +1 CHR +1 Magic Accuracy +6%
    Automaton: STR +1 DEX +1 VIT +1 AGI +1 INT +1 MND +1 CHR +1 Magic Accuracy +6%

That's all I could think of for a Dark Path Magian Animator, considering the sheer amount of text on it, I doubt SE would do this. They'd probably just keep it to just Magic Accuracy stuff.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    Wouldn't a Scanner fix that problem? Or does it not work "as intended" or something? I use WHM puppet almost 100% of the time so I wouldn't really know.

Anyway......continuing on with possible animators, I was toying with ideas on various elemental paths. Here's what I've conjured up so far.

Earth Path

Terra Animator (Master)
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    VIT +11 Damage Taken -11%

Terra Animator (Pet)
    Allows use of Maneuvers

Terra Animator (both)
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    VIT +6 Damage Taken -6%
    Automaton: VIT +6 Damage Taken -6%

***Ninja Edit*** - I apparently fail at using spoiler stuff. lol Help???
    Scanner just prevents the puppet from casting something that will completely resist, or is very likely to resist (like silence on lolibri), you can't use it to force specific elements. The only way to do that is to have the mob be weak enough to that element relative to the others, or to force your puppet to cast with the exact MP cost of the nuke. Example; While fighting gamayun for my mnk body seals, we happened to get a "thunder magic" proc, so I pulled out stormwaker and deployed, hoping to at least try thunder IV. All I got was blizzard IV because of resistances.

Also, again, your
    Terra Animator (Pet)
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    needs to look like this:

Terra Animator (Pet)
    Allows use of Maneuvers
    VIT+11 Automaton: Damage Taken -11%
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I has a pup... a job with which i laughed so much at first but afterwards so fell in love with >.> like+1 me wants more pimp animators O.O
    (1)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Melraen
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    100% agree, liked! For those who want to like it, and want to find it quickly, hopefully this will help!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post356132
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast