Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If PUP wasn't a pet job, yet still required something mandatory like an Animator to function, there would probably be a ton of endgame-worthy options. I think this is the dev team's anti-pet job bias showing through again plain and simple.
    (5)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good evening,

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. I Just got word back from the Development Team and currently there are no plans to add animators to trial of the magians for enhancement. The reason is because you would be able to receive the beneficial effects from both h2h weapons and animators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    If PUP wasn't a pet job, yet still required something mandatory like an Animator to function, there would probably be a ton of endgame-worthy options. I think this is the dev team's anti-pet job bias showing through again plain and simple.
    They aren't as anti-PUP as they used to be, but animators were added at a time when the devs were trying to put together the worst possible options for the newly hatched PUP. Like with the harlequin automaton, animators are one of the 'dark relics' of PUP's past. Their main purpose is to cripple the job just a bit more then needed.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I don't normally agree with Fupa but he's dead on here. The animator is the ONLY mandatory piece of gear in the game. If a pup doesn't use one all your auto does is stand there, look silly and eat any AoE damage that's floating around. the only POSSIBLE uses it has without an animator is helping to eat a 1000 needle type effect and making your emotes a bit cooler. I mean seriously, is an end-game animator too much to ask? No one is advocating anything that would upset the almighty god BALANCE. We aren't even asking for anything that would detract from Zerg being the only end-game strategy that is allowed. We just want our beloved companion with the skinny feet to grow up and join us in end-game.
    To be fair, it's not quite that bad. The only limitation we have isthat we can't use the eight maneuvers without the animator. We can still deploy/retrieve/tactical switch/etc.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8