Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    @ Theytak

Ahh, I see what you're getting at now. GOT IT!

I was brainstorming a bit on the way to work about an Ice path Animator and a sort of hidden trait that can be activated when you are using a BLM automaton where depending on the maneuvers you use, you could force the BLM automaton to use a specific nuke on a mob.

Like....

1 Earth Maneuver = Stone 3
    2 Earth Maneuver = Stone 4
    3 Earth Maneuver = Stone 5
    2 Earth Maneuver + 1 Ice Maneuver = Stonega 3
    2 Earth Maneuver + 1 Dark Maneuver = Quake

I'll brainstorm a little more on it. Come up with a name for the latent effect et. al. BUT, something like this would help make PUP somewhat relevant in Abyssea when it comes to getting Yellow !! procs. Back when Scars of Abyssea was released (Vunk, Misareaux, Attohwa) my puppet would spam Blizzard IV and several times I got Yellow !! procs on an NM. So it is possible.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    By the way, the post in question I wanted my fellow PUPs to "Like" is in the "Matsui" thread in the General Discussion section. 2nd post on Page 53 in the thread. Find it and "LIKE" it so that it can be considered for implementation by the Development Team.

We PUPs need this badly.
    (0)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Itd help te damage if there were a path for each element that had an animator such as:

Gust Animator
    Allows the use of Maneuvers
    Wind Maneuver +1 (always 1 wind maneuver active)
    AGI+11 Evasion+11 Wind Ele. Dmg. +11
    (1)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Itd help te damage if there were a path for each element that had an animator such as:

Gust Animator
    Allows the use of Maneuvers
    Wind Maneuver +1 (always 1 wind maneuver active)
    AGI+11 Evasion+11 Wind Ele. Dmg. +11
    I could see where you're going with that. But the "Wind Elemental Dmg. +11", are you referring to an Enaero effect for the Automaton?

If so, I know there's currently an attachment "Volt Gun" that gives the automaton an Enthunder effect with it's melee attacks. Why SE didn't make all the other attachments for the other elements is beyond me. But it would be cool to be able to have attachments that granted all the possible elemental En-spells. Something like....

"Hot Hand" - Grants an "Enfire" effect to Automaton melee attacks
    "Sprayer" - Grants an "Enwater" effect to Automaton melee attacks
    "Air Gun" - Grant an "Enaero" effect to Automaton melee attacks
    "Dust Bowl" - Grants an "Enstone" effect to Automaton melee attacks
    "Chiller" - Grants an "Enblizzard" effect to Automaton melee attacks
    "Volt Gun" - Already covered (exists)
    "Neutrino Gun" - Grants an "Endark" effect to Automaton melee attacks
    "Aurora Beam" - Grants an "Enlight" effect to Automaton melee attacks
    (1)

ok, while I see the point I do NOT want to have to do 8 different elemental trials; I got a summoner bud that did that for staves and I almost went insane listening to him complain about them, I don't want all that work myself. I'm all for a new animator, one that actually adds something to the job, but for me it would be haste on the auto with maybe an increase in either HP or defense for the master. By haste, for the VE frame have it-combined with Turbocharger and a single manuver-hit the haste cap; our autos do not benefit from any buffs outside atmas and manuvers so it will always be slow without something to this effect. For sharpshot it should double the frequency of ranged attacks, granted that will cause hate issues with such a squishy frame but that should shut up those who would complain about it being OP with that kind of damage output. Our 3 mage frames have it halve the current casting interval with manabooster and 1 manuver, but that is capped. Harley would be the exception, 25% reduction in casting interval and halfway to haste cap with the manabooster and turbo equipped and 1 appropriate manuver each.

I'll need to think about odd-ball combos (VE head/harley bod, etc) but I think it's workable without being OP. Thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    @ Glamdring

I very seriously doubt there would be a Puppetmaster that would make an Animator for each and every elemental path. Only the one/ones that fit their play style.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    @ Glamdring

I very seriously doubt there would be a Puppetmaster that would make an Animator for each and every elemental path. Only the one/ones that fit their play style.
    That is, if they only went with the typical melee stats. If they added the pet nuking quirks too, well... then it'd depend on how much you use spiritreaver.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

I use my nukers ALOT, my default is stormwalker tho' because it has the highest general utility (good cures, buffs, dispel and decent nuking between those casts). I even use sharpshot and VE. about the only thing I DON'T use is Harley. Before the pupdate was a different story, but now that they aren't stupid casting anymore just about all have some utility. Spiritreaver I use in partys that are light on nuking if we have a healer, VE if we need something that can take a pounding, you get the idea. Soloing IN abby I'll use any frame, atma can make up for any shortcomings in any auto if chosen to buff it (I know I'm unusual boosting the auto instead of me, but if it's a pet job then dammit i'm gonna boost the pet). Solo tho' stormwalker is generally best for me anywhere outside, esp if I /dnc or a mage (not /blm tho'). That's why I'd prefer 1 good all around animator to 8 situational ones.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just a thought, but what if it weren't elemental animators, but frame/head-specific animators? The possibilities would be inspiring!
    * store attachment configuration
    * more elemental slots for that particular frame
    * special abilities only available for that frame
    * As a limitation, frame/head selection is disabled

Harlequin Animator
    * Melee rank +2 (B- > B+)
    * Magic rank +2 (B- > B+)
    * Martial Arts (both hands attack)

Soulsoother Animator
    * Damage replenishes MP
    * Status removal spells affects puppet when cast on master and vice versa.

Such animators alone would be pretty nice, and it would even make the new two-hour ability functional. Need a emergency Benediction? Swap animators (bye-bye TP) to the Soulsoother Animator, DeaDeus and hit that shiny red button! Harlequin would actually be more then training wheels.
    (4)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Annahya
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Just a thought, but what if it weren't elemental animators, but frame/head-specific animators? The possibilities would be inspiring!
    I don't know how best to implement this, but I *really* like this suggestion. It allows people to make ones tailored to their play-style, while not requiring us to make 8. For simplicity, I think that they should just stick to either being themed by head or themed by body, not both - but which one would be better, and what that could mean, is a pretty interesting concept to chew on.
    (0)
    "Play the way you want and have a good time - but understand that your performance can have an effect on the fun of others. Be effective for those counting on you, and never lose sight of the fact that enjoyment for yourself and others is the ultimate goal."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast