Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Player
    Well in my opinion the best ammos you can go with for RDM TPing would be White Tathlum for STP, Astrolabe for the 1STR/3Acc, or use a Killer Shortbow. As for neck Houyi's is nice for Acc/STP until you get a Portus, at which point Portus dominates of course.
    (0)

Player
    Tathlum/Smart Grenade/Astrolabe are pretty much identical if you don't need accuracy with Astro/Oneiros slightly ahead if you do

Rancor is best neck short of Portus, screw that damn Diabolos (there isn't a giant difference between either)

EDIT: Flame Sachet is also an option, and also pretty much the same as the others
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 09-17-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    2 people agreeing doesn't make either of them right, regardless of the situation. What you give up and where you fight changes the effectiveness of RDM and what will work best. If you want to go to VW or Aby with an Almace, I won't disagree with you. You're fine there. But everywhere else, you should use other tactics because they would be more effective.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No, we're not. We are talking about applicable situations where RDMs would melee and the actual merits of doing so. You know, actually playing the game as a RDM.....
    Now for this. We were discussing the optimum melee builds for damage, thus we're using the highest damage output you can get. That means STR sword off hand and either Almace or Excal (with Almace being better on anything higher then you).

Now if we want to discuss situation use, upon which I mentioned earlier Sanus Ensis and PDT sword, then we can do that. Honestly "best" off hand weapon for RDM for melee situations is usually Sanus due to the cure pot / cure received and stats involved. There is something to be said for +13% Cure Pot and +10% Cure Received on a job that has native skill and Cure IV. Here your sacrificing 21 Attack for 2STR, 13MND and the cure effects while still maintaining a high DMG weapon. The PDT sword also comes into play for when your playing defensive and need to reduce the damage your taking.

Both of those are better "alternative / situational" weapons then Eph.

Now what this is really all about. Your butt hurt that we're telling you the STR Sword is your best off hand weapon. Maybe you don't have one or you don't want to spend the time / money to make one. You got lucky and got an Eph and your feeling attached to a rather rare item and want to use it.

I don't give a rats a$$ about the snowflake argument.
    (3)
    Last edited by saevel; 09-17-2012 at 04:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    I personally wouldn't use Rancor only because I do not like the extra damage taken and depending where you are fighting it can be very bad for you. 1 such instance is Dyna to me, as the main job I do Dyna as is RDM and more damage taken on me could prove dangerous especially against DCs.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    2 people agreeing doesn't make either of them right, regardless of the situation. What you give up and where you fight changes the effectiveness of RDM and what will work best. If you want to go to VW or Aby with an Almace, I won't disagree with you. You're fine there. But everywhere else, you should use other tactics because they would be more effective.
    Nah, the moment you proved you didn't understand basic game mechanics, fSTR, or how AM works is where you lost the argument

@above Rancor's +DT is hardly an issue on the very mobs you would typically melee on Rdm unless you're holding multiples, the only thing you don't have is a stun
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Tathlum/Smart Grenade/Astrolabe are pretty much identical if you don't need accuracy with Astro/Oneiros slightly ahead if you do

Rancor is best neck short of Portus, screw that damn Diabolos (there isn't a giant difference between either)
    You could use nefarious if you don't want to get slapped around by the 10% increased damage taken.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I personally wouldn't use Rancor only because I do not like the extra damage taken and depending where you are fighting it can be very bad for you. 1 such instance is Dyna to me, as the main job I do Dyna as is RDM and more damage taken on me could prove dangerous especially against DCs.
    That is acceptable, there is another option that is only 3% crit (vs 5) but removes the +10% DT penalty.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    Nefarious actually lags abit to the point it's practically a Fortitude Torque. Although like most things in XI the difference between them is once again, not a giant margin (if I'm that worried about +DT I would switch neck)
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 09-17-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Player
    True, I rarely remember Nef outside of CDC for some reason, but it works as well.
    (0)

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast