Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Well if all we're supposed to do is sit on our hands and take whatever we're given without complaint, then what's the point of this forum? There are plenty of other sites to talk shop without the expectation of anything better.

Besides, what about all that scale armor to which we were privy up to about level 50? We're not without precedent for heavier armor access.
    Yeah, we are on scale mail....I just said that. Scale mail =/= the light armor sets we are talking about. Those are two completely different things. If you want the equivalent of Thaumus or Toci's on scale mail, then yes, Best idea ever. Just don't ask to take people's things that they aren't going to give you because it's unrealistic and know that they are not going to add you on to the gear later, because they dont do that.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    This explains everything..... you don't actually know how damage is calculated and are just eyeballing everything.

Here's a freebie, Req is more sensitive to accuracy then CDC is, and that's before accounting for CDC's extra acc from Dex. Also CDC is a +15% crit rate @100, you have a 5% base crit rate and +5% from merits for a flat 25% chance at critting @100TP without taking into account gear or dDex. CDC is three this, four with sub, at least one hit will crit per WS on average, more if you get a decent CDC set.

The game runs on a computer, there is absolutely nothing that is truly random.
    Wow I don't know what to tell you. You're freebie is old news and RDM still doesn't have good Crit or Dex support. Further, RDM still has bad accuracy. Further, you can't use belts and gorget to make it up, unlike me. So take your crappy condescending attitude and your lackluster-ly equipped WS and play however you want. I don't care if you never get what you want, because SE has made concessions to us already. You don't want to use Req? Fine.

The funny thing is I'm happy to play RDM exactly as it is and exactly as it's probably going to be with all of 2 grievances. Neither of them look like me pointing at a BLU and asking SE 'why am I not the thing I'm not', since that would be SELF EXPLANATORY AND STUPID. BLU has it better than us, but I don't want to be BLU. Everyone else here seems to want to just copy their winning formula of crappy broken-ness and then whines when SE has no intention of doing what it never had any intention of doing in the first place.

I want (1) Enspells that don't override Additional Affects and updated damage formulas. WHY? Because that's what a FUCKING RDM does. It hits things with FUCKING MAGIC ON IT'S SWORD (or Daggers for the classy folks out there that are into that kind of thing). Make that better and make it support additional affection such as Excalibur and Ephemeron, SINCE THOSE ARE MY PERSONAL GOALS AND WILL MAKE ME HAPPY AS A PLAYER.

(2) Occult Acumen. So DRK, BLM, and SCH can all stop using it poorly and I can make it look good. I'm a mage, so are BLM and SCH. I have elemental nukes, so does DRK. Based on DRK having the lowest tier nukes in the game and the highest tier OA, we should have the 2nd highest OA. Because we should.

That's the actual problem with RDM. It's not that it's not a BLU. It's that it didn't get what a RDM deserved to be good at Melee in a reasonable fashion that resembles RDM.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Please, do continue to prove you don't know what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Wow I don't know what to tell you. You're freebie is old news and RDM still doesn't have good Crit or Dex support. Further, RDM still has bad accuracy. Further, you can't use belts and gorget to make it up, unlike me.
    This is incredibly hilarious, mostly because of how flat out wrong it is. Any decent CDC set will have more accuracy than a Req set, even if I used a 0 acc body like Kudzu.

So take your crappy condescending attitude and your lackluster-ly equipped WS and play however you want. I don't care if you never get what you want, because SE has made concessions to us already. You don't want to use Req? Fine.
    Except I never said don't use Requiescat. You're simply biased into thinking it's twice as good as CDC when it isn't. 90 Almace vs 95 Excal, Excal is better by around 3-5% overall on DC mobs. 99 vs 99 is practically no difference between either.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 09-21-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Player
    Neither of them look like me pointing at a BLU and asking SE 'why am I not the thing I'm not'
    I don't want RDM to be a BLU, I want better TP options and some of the light DD sets for once so we have a more competitive DPS with other jobs which are light DDs as we should be. BLU has its own bag of tricks vastly different to RDM's, we have no interchangeable traits, nor do we have the ability to use mobs attacks, we have magic that is the same as a gimpified version of WHM & BLMs spell lists, with a few extra things here & there. We should have a decent DPS, not WAR, no, thats the other 3rd of the job, WAR+BLM+WHM, and seeing as we got gimpified WHM & BLM magic with a few tweaks, as well as the gear to go with that, why cant we have gimpified DD with a few tweaks. Gimpified DD would be, Light DD power, with the tweak of maybe a little elemental magic damage when we hit, like say, enspells. The vast difference here is when you look at gear. Mage gear, we get alot of, melee gear, we get some of, mage gear, we get put on every set practically, melee, we get put on no sets at all.

Asking for the same sort of gear selection BLU has =/= asking for RDM to become BLU.
    (4)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    99 vs 99 is practically no difference between either.
    There sure isn't, besides preference.

You're simply biased into thinking it's twice as good as CDC when it isn't.
    Nope, it's just as good and significantly more consistent, which is what I want. I want to hit for similar numbers most of the time and occasionally deal with some ups and some downs.

I'd rather do between 2-3K consistently and almost never go below 1.6k than deal with doing less. Most I've hit for outside of aby is 4k against mobs in dynamis. That's not bragging, I didn't think I would ever hit that hard with it. That was with dia 3 and full TP and all 8 hits. It's that nice 2-3K area that I hang out in that I care about.

I don't appreciate people telling me that Almace and CDC are better than Excal and Req when I know they are the same but different. I don't care about how high CDC numbers go in cliche situations. That doesn't interest me in the slightest. I care about consistency in WSs, which is something RDM lacked, unless you count being consistently bad at them.

I can only watch my character Z snap so much before I look for something different.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 09-22-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    ... Just what the heck are you talking about

It's like you don't know how an average works

There sure isn't, besides preference.
    Nope, it's just as good and significantly more consistent, which is what I want. I want to hit for similar numbers most of the time and occasionally deal with some ups and some downs.
    This makes absolutely no sense.

I'd rather do between 2-3K consistently and almost never go below 1.6k than deal with doing less. Most I've hit for outside of aby is 4k against mobs in dynamis. That's not bragging, I didn't think I would ever hit that hard with it. That was with dia 3 and full TP and all 8 hits. It's that nice 2-3K area that I hang out in that I care about.
    Except you completely ignore the average damage, cherry pick low values for CDC (bringing up accuracy issues on most DC mobs is laughable and I'll have to tell you stop meleeing if that's the case) and highs for Req, then call CDC inconsistent. BMN syndrome on DC mobs, on Rdm of all jobs.

I don't appreciate people telling me that Almace and CDC are better than Excal and Req when I know they are the same but different. I don't care about how high CDC numbers go in cliche situations. That doesn't interest me in the slightest. I care about consistency in WSs, which is something RDM lacked, unless you count being consistently bad at them.
    So they're different but the same? Do you even know what you're talking about? I gave you a situation of mobs I believe Rdm melee is acceptable and how either weapon performed. On higher mobs Req falls flat on its face, but I didn't bring this up because right now I don't recommend Rdm meleeing on such mobs unless the situation calls for it.

I can only watch my character Z snap so much before I look for something different.
    This has nothing to do with how good either WS is at all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 09-22-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Asking for the same sort of gear selection BLU has =/= asking for RDM to become BLU.
    Then ask for the same thing on Scale mail or on hybrid gear. We aren't ever going to get on the Light DD set, because they said no and they have always said no. I understand what you are asking for and I'm only saying it's unrealistic because you are asking for something they will say no to on default. RDM doesn't go on Light DD armor sets, next question.

So go around the issue and ask for something you'll actually get. If you want to wear Light DD armor, assemble the stray pieces you want that we are getting access to. If you want a Set of armor, actually ask for one we are allowed to be on. Don't look at any other job. Look at RDM. Just look at what gear we get put on. And ask for it there.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    ... Just what the heck are you talking about

It's like you don't know how an average works
    You can keep attacking me personally, but I think I'll just ignore you since you don't really contribute anyways. Just a bunch of insulting one liners about how smart you think you are and how you think everyone else doesn't know how the game works if they don't agree with your view point.

I really don't think you read what people write. You just pick it apart and try not to have an actual conversation.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 09-22-2012 at 03:06 AM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Ok well for now goin by the logic you used, I ask for Athos due to my pimp hat being in that set, but I think SE would sooner change the model of the gear before giving it to RDM. I already said I want RDM to have the kinda stats were startin to see come out, my only thing is, like I said before, as we move forward the gear we got in the past will still be great, and we have no access which limits our progress. We are reliant on getting good gear from here on out, bad gear means we have little to fall back on while other jobs have tons of amazing gear in their past they have complete access to even if the future fails them.

In either case I have no wish to argue about it, I was simply pointing out how I see all of this, and it seems the past will be RDM's future downfall because we have to get alot of good gear consistently, and that doesn't seem likely to me.
    (1)

Player
    No, just you really have shown almost no clue in what you're talking about in terms of game mechanics, bring up anecdotal and flawed evidence, then when asked to back up your statements start whining about how Rdm's gear options suck and your opinion has merit because you bring a flawed job to events it clearly performs lackluster in

Don't even try to act like a victim here

I've admitted twice already in this thread I rarely see eye to eye to Saev and am even less inclined to defend him, yet he's brought up more solid points to his argument in 2 posts than you have in all of yours, who is not reading again?

I really don't think you read what people write. You just pick it apart and try not to have an actual conversation.
    So you can't refute any of my points, and instead ignore them

Concession accepted, I've wasted enough time with you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 09-22-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast