Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarter Jobs

Quarter Jobs

I had an idea for a new "Quarter job" unlock-able quest that would basically be 1/2 of your subjobs level. So for example: PLD99/DNC49/WAR24.

I don't think this would be overpowered for any one job (quarter job) because if you look, it's only going to provide a handful of procs, and many of the more meaningful abilities and traits won't come until 25 or later (such as WAR's double attack).

It might be a good quest to tuck into the new expansion, because it would give just a bit more power to 99's without being overkill.

There are many more priorities than implementing this idea (i.e. fixing the broken enmity system) but I just wanted to throw it out for some creative thinking
    (29)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Player
    I'll agree. Not because its a great idea, but because with this I could finally go RDM99/NIN49/WAR24 and get Berserk!
    (3)

Character
    Mathieu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    I think you are substantially underestimating just how powerful that would be. The more impressive sounding traits, spells, and abilities might be 25+, but the nuts and bolts subjob abilities are almost all below that point. In quite a few cases, the difference between a normal subjob and a quarterjob would be minor. Yeah, there are some combinations where it wouldn't be a huge deal, but there are others where it can be quite absurd.
    (1)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post
    I think you are substantially underestimating just how powerful that would be. The more impressive sounding traits, spells, and abilities might be 25+, but the nuts and bolts subjob abilities are almost all below that point. In quite a few cases, the difference between a normal subjob and a quarterjob would be minor. Yeah, there are some combinations where it wouldn't be a huge deal, but there are others where it can be quite absurd.

Hehe, I mentioned this as a sarcastic joke last week in the thread FFXI fixed!
    (1)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    99/66/33 I think would be more fun.

=3
    (18)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Would be interesting throwing in this "quarter job". As a DD i could see how helpful this could be but would it be nearly as good for mages? ???/???/blm for warp anyone? ;D
    (0)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    99/66/33 I think would be more fun.

=3
    Ridiculously overpowered.

Would require additional subjob grinding.

Would satisfy the math nerd in me so much.
    (5)
    Last edited by Tamarsamar; 08-23-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Not sure how happy I'd be with stuff like Composure being subbable, though . . . hopefully it'd get the Afflatus exclusivity treament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This would be outrageously overpowered but I would love to see it simply because you would be able to hear Tanaka's screams of anguish from 100 miles away.
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Player
    DRK99/SAM49/WAR24

gg

Unless the 3rd job's JA's were nerfed even more than a sub's JAs, most jobs would be subbing WAR or NIN. Would so awesome to be a BLU/NIN/WAR Berserk and native DW3 would save so many points... PLD/RDM/WAR would be a pretty ridiculous tank.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-23-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't think "overpowered" really applies when that was the main thing thrown around when they decided to raise the level cap, and I'd like to think that all worked out for the better.
    (7)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast