Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NPC-able Items

Character
    Mathieu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    People aren't going to want to spend the time and effort required to reach most of the guilds to get things they can already get on the AH. The guilds are inconvenient, that's the primary reason why most people ignore them.

The AH does exactly what the guilds do, just easier and more convenient.
    (0)

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Nobody does ballista but they still offer it. It is another option for people who want to do it. I just NPCed a ton of Colibri beaks because they were clogging up my inventory. Didn't AH them because I had 7 things on the AH already and other things are worth more. I would have much rather NPCed them to the Bonecrafting guild if someone could have bought them back and used them. Like I said, just another option for the junk we accumulate that people may still use but others aren't going to AH them because they make more off of them by NPCing them.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackastheripper View Post
    What I am asking about specifically is farmable items only that are not naturally sold by the guild NPC merchant. Example:

Here is a list of items sold by Cletae in the Lethercrafting Guild in Sandy:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cletae

Karakul Skin/Leather is not on that list. If I sell her either of those items (even though I can sell them to her because they are leathercrafting items) someone looking for those, can not buy them back right? What I am suggesting is that, since the Guild Merchants already have all their crafting items in their logs of what they can/can't buy, when somebody sells items not initially listed for ANY crafting item, open them up to sale.
    Guild vendors only buy items they can sell. Karakul Skin/Leather are TOAU items, so they would be found in Al Zahbi, but I don't think the AZ Leathercraft guild shop was ever added (or the NPC has been held captive forever).
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Karakul Skin/Leather are TOAU items, so they would be found in Al Zahbi, but I don't think the AZ Leathercraft guild shop was ever added (or the NPC has been held captive forever).
    I was simply picking an item at random to make a point...
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackastheripper View Post
    I was simply picking an item at random to make a point...
    What point would that be? Guild NPCs already do what you ask, and some items have such low priority on the AH that it's easier to just walk out in the field and bonk some birds on the head yourself.

Might as well give each regular vendor NPC a small history of sold items, so they can sell random stuff for a profit. (Older items get pushed off as items are sold to them, and server reset clear it.)
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2