Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

FFIV Legacy Perks

Well im a console player who had preorded 14 for the PS3 ... And since im not a PC playing 14er and only a console 11 player I wont be able to receive the special Legacy Perks Also since im not a registered 14er because its PC only atm I cant register for the forums and type this there ... I know its a bit early for info on the PS3 version but is there going to be some sort of idk compensation for the fact that console users if given the chance would also be Legacy players but its just not possible ... Thanks in advance
    (0)

Why would there be?
    (0)

Character
    Mathieu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    The entire point of Legacy is to bring back players to FFXIV that have, at least to some extent, stuck with the game despite the issues it has had. PS3 players have not done this. PC players that do not fulfill the requirements of being a Legacy player also are unable to get the Legacy rewards, so it really isn't a PS3 vs PC issue beyond the fact the PS3 port of a PC game was delayed for an extended period of time.
    (0)

Player
    no no i know what the legacy perks are and why they are there but what im wanting to is there going to be any sort of the same thing for the PS3 console players who would have gladly of been paying customers but couldnt ... even it like an expensive special edition that you have to pay for ... is what im wondering about ... is there going to be anything for the console players that would have gladly of been there since day 1 as well ...
    (0)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluaf View Post
    no no i know what the legacy perks are and why they are there but what im wanting to is there going to be any sort of the same thing for the PS3 console players who would have gladly of been paying customers but couldnt ... even it like an expensive special edition that you have to pay for ... is what im wondering about ... is there going to be anything for the console players that would have gladly of been there since day 1 as well ...
    honestly, if you wanted it so badly, you could've had an active account with them without actually playing the game. just accept that it's a feature you have no access to
    (0)

Legacy was a an incentive to make people keep subscribing while the game was terrible, so that SE would actually have some sort of income from the game while developing the new version.

It makes no real sense to give this to persons who didn't pay a single subscription fee before the new version. In fact, giving it to people who never paid any subscribtion fees would be unfair to those who paid, because many of those who paid did to because of the promise of a cheaper subscription later. Giving that discount to others would be dangerously close to swindling.
    (1)

Character
    Redds
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50
    i kinda liked the cut scenes in the game but t was rather hard to grind in there as a mage.. i didnt like the fact of just crafting, i have no patience for it sometimes. i'd re-sub but i kind of like ffxi now than what i did before.. it now has that "home" feel to it.
    (0)
    Healin' is mah bizness ladies! an' bizness is guud!

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Legacy was a an incentive to make people keep subscribing while the game was terrible, so that SE would actually have some sort of income from the game while developing the new version.

It makes no real sense to give this to persons who didn't pay a single subscription fee before the new version. In fact, giving it to people who never paid any subscribtion fees would be unfair to those who paid, because many of those who paid did to because of the promise of a cheaper subscription later. Giving that discount to others would be dangerously close to swindling.

A whopping $18 saved!
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Maybe you should check what Legacy Campaign actually is, 'cause that's not it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-13-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Maybe you should check what Legacy Campaign actually is, 'cause that's not it.
    Ugh, you're right... that's the Simultanious Subscription deal that expired recently. Legacy was the one where you paid at least 3 months to play the V2.0 beta >_< (Missed the deadline on that one because I didn't have internet at my new house for a few weeks.)

Guess buying the limited edition when it was released doesn't count towards legacy either.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast