Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Player
    I figured Byrth or some other career Dancer would write the game-feedback equivalent of a doctoral dissertation regarding Job Ability Delay and the sucking thereof, but I've missed that if it happened. So, it's time for me wake up still drunk and scrawl "Job Ability Delay gives me sadz! P.S. i liek butts." on the wall in store-brand ketchup!

Here goes nothing:

"Job Ability Delay" refers to the delay inflicted by using a job ability. To be specific, this is one second of inability to do anything, then one more second of not auto-attacking. The former isn't the issue so much as the latter.

This is an issue because it is actually very easy to have an auto-attack delay only slightly above two seconds, and because it is very possible to have an auto-attack delay lower than two seconds. Fortunately, most Job Abilities have a relatively large benefit and a relatively long recast, making them worthwhile even if they interfere greatly with a single auto-attack round.

The real problem arises when certain jobs must use Job Abilities over and over for forever and ever. Job Ability Delay is very detrimental to the auto-attack rate of jobs that use Job Abilities frequently such as Dancer and Puppetmaster. It may have a similar effect on Rune Fencer, if the currently planned recast of the rune abilities is any indication of how often they will be used.

No job that used Job Abilities almost constantly existed at the time FFXI's core stuffs were made, and delay reduction was far less common at that time as well, so it's not hard to imagine how this issue could unintentionally arise.

If it is not possible to eliminate Job Ability Delay, please address it in some way that is possible.

P. S. I like butts. Big butts. I have included this information because I will not lie about my fondness towards big butts.
    (25)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 08-17-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Editted a few words to make things a bit easier to read.

Character
    Chopski
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Couldn't see this mentioned, but it probably has. Let us enter nyzul isle solo please!
    (8)

FIRST) please remove luck as a system whenever possible.

we have 2 recent examples of polar opposites so far as luck is concerned. abyssea VS. voidwatch.

abyssea didn't rely very much on luck. even for high end gear. if you wanted an emp weapon you may very well need hundreds of kills of assorted nms, to build the pops for the big guys and then killing the big guys themselves. but players of all varying levels of commitment and ability happily ground away at it. because every successful kill brought them closer to their goal. glavoid was a pain, but the game never gave you the middle finger and had him NOT drop glavoid shells.

it was my experience that people LIKED abyssea.

in contrast, voidwatch relies HUGELY on luck. we've all heard the horror stories. i PERSONALLY know a guy who got aces mail on his FIRST run. (i believe it was his 6th fight) yet i know another guy who was 0 for about 500 on mekira meikogai when he quit. and it's not like he was "almost there" at that 500 mark. random chance doesn't CARE how many times you've done this before, you still get the same terrible drop rate every time... and that's the problem with drop rates.

it was my experience that people DISLIKED voidwatch

if you want something to require an average of 100 kills... don't give it a 1% drop rate... make it require 100 of an item that drops at a 100% rate. we don't expect free candy, we just want to be rewarded for effort EVENTUALLY, and drop rates have the potential of NEVER rewarding the players efforts.

SECOND) i like lower player count content.

it's just easier to get 2 or 3 or even 6 people on at the same time to work together than it is to get 18. not to mention that when you have to run an alliance there's always that one asshole who gets lost, and that other guy who forgot a cutscene, and that other guy who thinks someone else should be responsible for HIS sneak/invis... so your alliance ends up having to fight every fucking mob between jeuno and wherever the thing you're doing is...

yah... lowman is the way to go.

THIRD) something needs to be done about enmity, but more-so than that even, something needs to be done about powerful AOE spam.

it sucks that a paladin can't really hold hate. it sucks even worse that even if the paladin DID hold hate, the mob would be tearing his group apart with AOE abilities anyway. either you need to scale back the use of these AOEs, or add some way for a tank job to mitigate the damage those aoe attacks deal to the people he's supposed to be protecting.

and please please PLEASE nobody reply with "a smart DD will hold back and not pull hate" if the DD is holding back to not pull hate, why bring him? why not bring ALL paladins to every fight, since nobody can do more damage than a paladin anyway?

i'm not saying make paladins, ninjas, and eventually rune fencers top end DDs, just make damage count for less in the enmity system, and or give the intended tank jobs more ways to build enmity.

it would likely require a handful of different approaches in tandem. tweaks to enmity generation and loss, along with changes to specific abilities or job traits, but the current enmity system retards gameplay. it's basically all zerging. if the mob has amazing offensive abilities that need countering.. nobodies answer is "get a tank" because a tank wouldn't work anyway... the answer is to use perfect defense and zerg it HARDER.

FINALLY) on a more personal note. i like red mages, so yah.. red mage stuff.. just overpower the shit out of it, please and thankyou.
    (19)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 08-20-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: i spel gud

Character
    Kanobrown
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    A lot of great suggestions in this thread, I read a lot, but not all. I didn't see anyone mention this, so I will suggest it:

I would like to see an expansion to the Linkshell management system in-game. It would be nice to have some functions giving the linkshell leaders new capabilities.
    Some ideas: The ability to break pearls of offline members and promote/demote offline members(sack/pearl). The ability to see linkshell logs further than what is in the chat window. This should include notifications of members having their pearls broken by sackholders, or when a sackholder gives a pearl out to someone new. Another idea: grant shell holders the ability to create co-shellholders, or possibly add another tier between sackholder and shell holder. Integrating this functionality into the linkshell community site would be fantastic as well!

Thank you for taking the time to read our posts.
    (8)

5. 08-17-2012 08:19 PM

Character
    Almalieque
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm kind of disappointed that no one liked the "6 man party dungeon" idea. I figured that would be an excellent way to provide players to XP the way that they want to XP without being pigeon holed into a certain job or playing style in order to maximize XP. I would like to see a better alternative if the idea that I provided isn't feasible or good.
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    ~BARD~

--Where is Massacre Elegy?
    This was mentioned a loooong time ago and the devs said they wanted to implement it. So where is it?

--A third tier of March?
    In dat mining, a third tier March animation seems to have been found. What are the plans for it?

--More DD Gear for Brd!!
    Please keep Brd in mind for some of the DD armor gear sets. Long ago at the 75 cap, Brd actually was added to certain high level DD gear sets (Sky Gear, Hecatomb Abj set), but now it hasn't been added to any R/Ex DD gear set ever since the lvl cap was lifted.
    So please throw DD Brd's a bone and allow Brd to use some of the future R/Ex DD gear! (I'm sure some Rdm's wouldn't mind this as well)
    (8)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prrsha View Post
    EXACTALY! We would like option to do it the hard way, not force casual players to do.
    No one does Assualts under cap (an option that already exists), so why should Square implement this idea to CoP when no one is going to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Prrsha
    Just give a bigger reward doing it the more difficult way.
    And once everyone gets those rewards, how are you going to entice people to help people to do this in the future? Add even bigger and better rewards again?

This is the second time in this thread alone I brought this point up with you. I would like to see you address it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Trisscar; 08-17-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Dear Mr. Producer,

Beastmaster is in need of some TLC, and it feels like each update does the opposite of addressing the issues we continue to discuss on the BST forum. For example, the proposed new ability for our job goes against the mechanics of how our job plays. We do not want to eat our pets, they are our companions in battle and are the sole reason for our survival. The foundation of our defense, even. The new ability isn't defensive at all in nature as it kills our #1 defense to give us some HP and Stoneskin, which is not a desirable trade-off. It seems to be more of an Oops button than anything else, assuming the player has screwed up and must retreat to try a new strategy.

It was mentioned not long ago that the dev team was going to make BST more party oriented, probably right around the time Ready was introduced, but the job is still anything but party oriented or group friendly. In fact people treat us with contempt more often than not just because we're near them in the field, assuming that we're there to ruin their afternoon. At this point I think the problem with BST is not the job itself, but the community's assumptions that it's a job for poorly behaved gingers and jerks with nothing better to do than ruin someone else's fun. I personally would like to see more party oriented Ready moves, ones that can be aimed at party members and are not direct damage TP moves. Currently, nearly all of our Ready moves are exactly that with little variation. Wild Carrot, Fantod and Harden Shell are steps in the right direction.

Lastly, I would like to zone with my jug pet. Summoners and Pupppetmasters may zone with their pets, but we are forced to rely on our Call Beast timer. Some feel that it is the fault of the individual Beastmaster for using a jug and then zoning to another area, but sometimes that's what we're forced to do, like if you're doing VNM trials. The NM spawns and gets killed, and we have to move to a new area to spawn it again, which costs us a pet each time. I understand that Pets are consumable tools like bullets or Shihei, but no other tools in the game are restricted in so many ways.

Thanks for reading.
    (8)

I don't know if its been said yet )a lot of posts in this thread)

Add a {Do Not Like} button to the forums. That might help get a better picture of what the players really want. Two posts with 15 Likes may not tell the true story. Throw a {Do Not Like} button and you may see two posts with 15 Likes but one has 3 Do Not Likes and the other has 300.
    (20)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I will echo what someone said on one of the first pages of this thread, but go one further: to catch up - simply play the game for yourself. Moreover, play it on every platform to get a real feel for the differences. Even more so, try to break things and cheat - see the game from the perspective of those who feel they need to use third party tools to enhance their experience of Vana'diel. Try to experience the game from the perspective of everyone who plays to give context to the rest of the suggestions in this thread.

Make yourself multiple characters - some just starting out, some with middling gear and limited access to areas, and some with all the latest and greatest. Try them all out on the different platforms.

Take the time to experience the lesser-used systems of the game to see what can be revamped. Raise a chocobo and race it. Do some MMM. Build an evolith weapon. Try to get a group of strangers together to do an Eco-warrior quest - go on, I dare you.
    (13)

Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast