Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Mr. Matsui,

Please, make a vanadiel Lodestone version and make it for yesterday!

Producer Letter (yes.please)
    (18)

Player
    i would like to suggest making RDM useful again. here are some ideas:

allow rdm (either through a JA or maybe just a spell) to cast its buffs on others. I dont see the balance issues of having a rdm being able to cast stoneskin/phalanx/temper/enspells/boosts etc other players, since sch or /sch can already do this.

give rdm debuffs that are unique to the job (and dont give them to all other jobs the following update hi2u break, addle), ex: magic dmg down, magic def down, a spell that annuls mobs ability to heal themselves, etc

for the melee enthusiasts out there ( surprised you still exist) a stance that increases melee output while draining mp (either a la souleater or just a mp- per tick)

that is my suggestion box!
    (6)

Character
    Kiori
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Greetings,

I have been very happy with the changes and updates for Puppetmasters thus far, what I'm still dissapointed in is gear selection for the "Master", the player itself. The job is by no means a mage job...we do not have spells, or a base magic skill level. I can't seem to wrap my head around why SE has decided to place Puppetmasters in the gear category as those of a mage...

Heka's Kalasiris...Lv. 95 WHM/BLM/RDM/BRD/SMN/PUP/SCH

All jobs listed are mage jobs...all with some sort of magic base skill...all except for one...PUP.

The job, to me, was meant to be a DD type job...nothing about us screams magic...but all the viable DD gear in the game...and hardly any of them list PUP...

Look at Stringing Pummel, one of our only viable weaponskills...our Weaponskill modifiers are STR and VIT...looking at gear choices...most high level gear is all mage gear, and hardly any of those stats to go around...

I'm not asking for PUP to get a magic skill, nor am I asking you to beef PUP up to be on par with a MNK, all I'm asking is for the possiblity to have more or better DD gear peices...we're supposed to be the tank for our auto.
    (10)

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Mythic Weapons
    As a player who has wanted Nirvana since it was announced, I feel something must be done about attaining Mythics. As is, it is near impossible to attain. This is made more obvious when comparing it to the ease of relics and empyrean weapons. Moreover, stop making weapons that do nothing for half the jobs in the game, Mages. Seriously as a SMN a mythic is my only relvant option. Alexandrites need to be 10,000. The Eyepatch should be 50,000 ichor. The Nyzul tokens should be 750,000 if nothing else.

Einherjar
    No one does Einherjar since its change (that everyone needs feathers). This is just another block I cannot work on unless something is done. Alot of players are greatly disatisfied by the Einherjar renewal. I seriously suggest you take a look at Seankp's thread here (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...amp-Suggestion). This is exactly what the community wants and what a renewal truely is.

ZNM
    ZNMs either no one touches or is reserved to get Pandemonium Warden, if you are lucky. With everything else that is needed for a mythic do we really need another grave timesink? Empys and Relics can be done in less than a month... mythics take way too long without this process.

Assualt
    Speaking of which, Assualt really needs to be a stone-esque system where attaining captain shorters the tag cooldown timer. Nyzule is great but Neo-nyzule is aweful. Randomness should NOT be a factor in any event! I really like that if you made it to X floor if you set it to X floor, you get a credit to get what you want. This is how every event should be.

Salvage
    FOR GOD SAKE, CHANGE BHAFLAU! A chance at a chance is utterly rediculous, demoralizing, and unfun! At least gaurentee a pop when facing a Reactionary Rampart! And of course more alexandrites if the number needed do not change.

Job Specifics

Summoner!
    More avatars! Where is my Caith Sith! Anyway, something has to get done about either Avatar Damge or Blood Pact Delay (outside of that 2hr). We are severly lacking in damage potential when compared to nearly any other job at 99. Also please don't make any more 2hr only avatars... as a Summoner I want my deity to smash things with me, not just leave me hanging...

Blue Mage
    I really hate needing to reset my spells... Can we have 3 spellsets? Pretty please?

Red Mage
    More unique spells. Someone mentioned Faith and Bravery which I thought were cool. If SCH is an overtime job then let RDM be an immediate effect job like a spell that just gives 25-50 TP (based on enhancing skill). Moreover, enhancing skill should play more of a role in potency for almost every spell that doesn't work this way... looking at you Adloquim... Also RDM needs plague, virus, amnesia. Amnesia could be a flash style spell for job abilties. Hell how about more flash-style spells for RDM-only? A flash silence would be great.

White Mage
    A retooling of raise from a WHM. Were Raise -> Araise goes from 5min weakness to no weakness.

New Jobs and Old Gear
    The community does not accept that BLU cannot be added to Excalibur or COR cannot use Annihalor. If it that much of a balance issue, let us magain it somehow to a sidegrade relic! If you wanna keep doing sidegrades, I'm fine with it but I don't see a reason why my SCH cannot use Dalmatica. If anything this only invigorates the desire to do "old content"

Voidwatch
    There needs to be some system that awards you credits for kills, kinda like legion. Players shouldn't have to go 500+ kills just to get something like Toci's Harness. I'll gladly face 500 pils if I were garenteed a Toci's Harness. Also the whole pulse cell thing is good but should be applied to all ra/ex gear.

Legion
    Ugh... legion.... As is, most of the population cannot do the event due to difficulty. Moreover, all drops in legion should be buyable with gained points.
    (25)

Player
    Sorry if this have already been said, but i would like some light shed on how weapon skills will be revamped for each job. Speaking as a DRG I would also ask for some kind of unique way to spike dmg in hnm settings, ie an ignore def trait or a JA that can grant ignore def bonuses that can stack with weapon skills, maybe another jump that can share timers with said effect? I would like to also ask if a wyvern's tp would not be used when using breaths that heals status ailments.
    (3)

Character
    Taisetsu
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    H-Hello... I wish to start by thanking you very much for offering to your players this salient opportunity to impart our visions, which, where possible, I am sure we hope can be actualised to improve this magical game, though at this juncture the throng of ideas must amount to a veritable deluge, and I apologise for adding my own to that...

As a new player (or one that played briefly eons again and has only now returned in a more substantial capacity), and one that is equally interested in non-combat related activities, my first thought was to engage with the 'Hobbies' system (in particular, Harvesting), in the hope that I could craft my own equipment items to use as I levelled. As someone that wishes to gather all of the raw materials myself, rather than buy them from the Guild Shop or at the Auction House, I have found a number of issues that render this facet of the Hobbies system quite dispiriting and tedious...

My thoughts on improving Harvesting, Excavating, Mining and Logging would be as follows:
    1) Allow every item accrued from the above Points, or from monsters (such as ores, logs and hides), to be stackable up to 12. It seems completely unfair that those amassing grasses and other such items through Harvesting can stack the vast majority of their items, whilst the other players cannot, necessitating a number of return trips for newer players that have no inventory expansions as their paltry space is whittled away by individual entries of the same item.
    2) Implement a graphical effect, such as an unobtrusive glow, about a Harvesting, Excavating, Mining or Logging Point, so that the player can locate these Points from a distance, without having to tap the 0 or Tab keys incessantly in the hope of finding such a Point on their screen.
    3) Utilise more thoroughly the vast and beautiful world of Vana'Diel through placing Harvesting, Excavating, Mining and Logging Points on a great many more field and dungeon maps (for example: Harvesting Points in the Pashhow Marshlands and the Boyahda Tree, Excavating Points in the Kuftal and Gustav Tunnels, Logging Points in the La Theine Plateau and Mining Points in the Uleguerand Range and North and South Gustaberg). I envisage the above Hobbies as something for which a player need not go out of their way, able instead, for example, to stop on a map that is along the way to the destination where they plan to party, to quickly gather a few ores or other items that they could later use. With so many maps going unused, it would seem possible that, if fully utilised, a player would never be more than three or four maps away from another set of Points of the type that they desire. This would also mean that the items offered in a particular category could be spread out: for example, the Harvesting Points in West Sarutabaruta could be limited to carrying the items needed for Clothcraft, whereas the Cooking materials presently found in West Sarutabaruta could be offered instead solely in East Sarutabaruta, saving time (and Sickles) for those only looking for one or the other.
    4) On a related note, I often try to craft when out in a field to free some inventory space, but cannot remember the recipe that I wanted to use. Whilst it is possible to print out a recipe list from a third-party website, I feel that as much as possible should be resolved in-game, and wonder if something like portable recipe lists, bought from the corresponding Guild for a fee of a certain number of Guild Points, could be introduced, as Key Items that provide a list of recipes from, for example, levels 20 to 30, 30 to 40 and so on. I appreciate that a Guild representative in each Guild building provides a list of recipes, but, as far as I am aware, there is no way in-game to take those recipes with you around the world.
    5) I feel that there needs to be a better balance between paying for Synthesis materials via the Auction House or Guild Shop and going to obtain them yourself through the Hobbies system. As it presently stands, it very often takes an awfully long time, and a large number of Sickles, to gather, for example, 6 Saruta Cotton (enough to craft 3 Cotton Thread and thus make 1 Cotton Cloth), meaning that the alternative of simply buying them from the Guild Shop or Auction House costs less in terms of Gil and time. With no advantage to procuring the items yourself, the relevance of the Hobbies system is greatly reduced. It is my hope that point 3) above, in reducing the number of different items that a Harvesting Point, for example, would give by increasing the overall number of Harvesting Points across Vana'Diel and assigning fewer items to each, would benefit those that wish to enjoy the Hobbies system as they would more frequently receive the items that they need.
    Finally, entering the game as a new player, I feel that there are a number of issues not covered by in-game NPCs that could leave first-time adventurers confused... I am aware that some players are wary of 'handholding', but I hope that a balance can be found wherein the player can be guided in the right direction and then allowed to apply themselves to the task at hand... Things that I feel could be done to better ease the player into the game include:
    1) If a player is looking to procure a Map that is not sold, but instead must be obtained through Quests or Treasure Coffers, I think that it might help for the NPCs that sell Maps of that particular Region to list such Maps, such that, when a player selects them in the list, they are given hints as to how they might obtain them (for example: being told that a Tarutaru researcher in the Optistery in Windurst Waters might need help with his transcription work if you select 'Map of the Horutoto Ruins', so that the player is guided towards the start of the 'Glyph Hanger' quest).
    2) It seems, at present, that it is left up to the player to ask another player in-game how to unlock their Support Job, because there seems to be no NPC that tells the player either the level required to undertake the quest or the locations at which they can be found. My thought is that, upon selecting the faded 'Support Job' option in the Mog House, the player's Moogle can tell them to travel to one of the two port towns at level 18, or something that similarly guides them in the right direction.
    3) Mimicking the issue above, I do not recall that the player is told either the level that they need to be or the correct place to go in order to begin an Extra Job quest. Instead of all of the Jobs yet to be unlocked registering as '???' in the Mog House, if the names of the Jobs were to appear - but stay greyed out - then selecting one of them could allow the Moogle to give a hint as to where the player needs to go to start that quest.
    4) The above issue, as far as I know, is also applicable to a Summoner looking to bolster their rank of Avatars: a new Summoner is given no information about what to do or where to go in order to secure pacts with the likes of Shiva and Garuda.
    I thank you wholeheartedly for being willing to peruse my thoughts and hope that some of the ideas might be of use going forward as you look to strengthen further this wondrous game and its breathtaking world. ^_^
    (15)
    Last edited by Eien; 08-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Character
    Windurstcat
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Thank you for reading my message.

My desire is to make the game more approachable to a person who is completely new and may or may not yet have a circle of friends to call upon for help. Therefore, my concern is the lack of available low and mid range gear available to new players.

I would like to see changes made to the crafting system.
    Specifically, I would like to see the difficulty of crafting mundane or non-magical items lessened.

For example:
    Creating a set of bronze armor or bronze weaponry.

-With level 0 blacksmith the player could create the entire set of bronze armor or bronze weaponry under the Amateur rank with little issue.

-The player could gain skill up to level 10 blacksmith if they continued to craft the particular set of armor or weaponry under the Amateur rank.

-Upon reaching level 10 the player could no longer gain skill from bronze armor and weaponry under the Amateur rank and would instead need to craft armor and weaponry under the Recruit rank.

-This pattern would continue through each crafting rank. Allowing the player to craft their own basic gear.

-Items deemed magical would retain their normal crafting difficulty.

I believe that this addition would help new players become more self-sufficient and hopefully keep them motivated in playing the game.

Also, should there be adjustments to Item Augmentation of gear to make the resulting enhancements more appealing, a new player could potentially create a decent piece of equipment for themselves.
    (7)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would like to suggest something so monumental for a future expansion it will blow everyone's minds and cause long time players to sing praises. You should be really be writing this down, because this will be the single greatest thing you can implement... Ready?

Access to the Far East.
    (12)
    Last edited by Trisscar; 08-19-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Do fish ranking more often!
    (6)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    There is no need to write a book either. Brevity is just fine, so please try your best to be as concrete as possible. Please refer to the requests Producer Matsui made and again, thank you for all of your feedback!
    THIS. There are so many suggestions in this thread that there is no way anyone is going to read all of them, especially if they're all as long as some of you are making them.

Also, I've revised my original post to make the suggestions more specific than "FIX this!".

Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    Access to the Near East.
    Umm... We already have that. I'm not sure if you noticed, but there's an entire expansion set in the Near East. (Hint: It's called Treasures of Aht Urhgan.)
    (6)
    Last edited by Eric; 08-18-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast