Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    My suggestion for the future of FFXI and in Seekers of Adoulin. Is to introduce a new level cap. Since the UI is being redone it would be nice to have a new 3 digit cap, possible 125, 150, or even 200. Character progression is important for a MMO. If there is no new cap or just more side grade gear is announced people will just continue to do abyssea for gear. The exp for the new levels should be so high that only killing new monsters in Seekers of Adoulin areas would be an effective way to level up.

Even if you can't do level 200 or whatever maybe make a side leveling system call them transcended levels like you could be 99+99.

My main concern with FFXI is having more character progression through leveling when the new expansion comes out.
    Please no.

I swear some of you don't even think before you type.
    (23)

Character
    Katairyu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I would ask for something for Samurai but to be honest I feel for the most part we're fairly balanced, given that I'm a 70 with no particular gripes apart from feeling that having NIN with access to a fair amount of Great Katanas is a little silly since SAM can't access any regular Katanas at all. But I can understand why having SAM with access to Katana might be a little unbalanced.

/rant

Is it too much to ask for a Windowed mode again? The amount of people who use instant messengers and social networking sites at the same time as FFXI is pretty huge and the sad thing is that they do it by installing third party Windowers which can be used for game-breaking results. Wouldn't it be better to just have a windowed mode instead?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by airsparrowhawk View Post
    Is it too much to ask for a Windowed mode again? The amount of people who use instant messengers and social networking sites at the same time as FFXI is pretty huge and the sad thing is that they do it by installing third party Windowers which can be used for game-breaking results. Wouldn't it be better to just have a windowed mode instead?
    There is a windowed mode. Use your ffxi config utility.
    (10)

Character
    Katairyu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    There is a windowed mode. Use your ffxi config utility.
    Really? When I click it and boot up nothing happens and I've seen a lot of people with the same issue. I thought it was something they put in that never really worked and/or was fixed?
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I don't know. It works for me. Maybe post an issue in the technical support section?
    (5)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by airsparrowhawk View Post
    Really? When I click it and boot up nothing happens and I've seen a lot of people with the same issue. I thought it was something they put in that never really worked and/or was fixed?

Make sure you're using the correct tool for your language/version.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Jpriver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I would like a better use for the BLM/SMN use of the Claustrum. Across all server there are only 18 made I believe. There is a reason for this. No mage was ever made for a front line job. The relic staff seems lacking compared to the magian staves available today. With all the adjustments which have been made across most jobs in recent years, other than mana wall and enmity douse, blm has not seen much of an enhancement but rare spells which cost the mages millions to purchase. If the relic staff had better properties or was used in for key areas in the future expansion, then perhaps then the staff would be more desirable.
    (6)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Adding to what I mentioned:

Summoner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargent View Post
    For Summoner in particular:
    - Add a JA outside the new 2-hour to allow for a lower Blood Pact delay, or...
    - Increase the cap on Blood Pact delay- from gear

- Add some sort of food that's more useful than MP+ food. Something for the avatar would be nice.
    I'm sticking to my original statement that this is the main problem regarding Summoner. Increasing the rate of Blood Pacts outside of the 2 hour somehow would increase the usefulness for the job. The only other jobs I can think of that are restricted by a universal timer are COR and DNC, and that only applies to Phantom Roll/Waltzes. Both of these jobs can still deal damage effectively without the Job Abilities affected, whereas Summoner is held back by this timer.

- Add new damaging Blood Pacts for Lv.99. We're using exactly the damage pacts as we were at Lv.75. Nothing too powerful, there's nothing wrong with Blood Pact damage at the moment if you gear correctly for it. A piercing Blood Pact would be ideal.
    - While the equipment added for Summoner has greatly improved since the Lv.75 cap, add more useful rings. We only have 3 rings that do anything for the job, barring idle rings (Evoker's, Fervor, Diverter's).
    - Allow physical attack enhancing gear to apply to normal hits.
    - A slight decrease in charging time for Blood Pacts would be nice.
    - Increase potency of Earthen Ward so at Lv.99 it is the same as normal Stoneskin.
    - Add a message in the chat log for when buffs and debuffs applied by the avatar wear off.
    - Increase the damage dealt by Astral Flow Blood Pacts (barring Zantetsuken). The idea behind the new 2 hours is to provide an alternative to the existing 2 hours depending on the situation- Alexander and Odin are the only 2 instances Astral Flow is useful (and Odin is situationally useful). Provide a reason to use the traditional Astral Flow pacts.

Black Mage
    Only thing I can think of is;
    - Meteor. The damage is appalling, even when casting it with multiple Black Mages. The spell's only use is against high resist mobs which you can gear for, and Elemental Seal would mostly take care of anyway. Simply increase the damage, Meteor was always one of the most powerful spells in Final Fantasy and in XI was stapled as the most powerful Black Magic spell. It's a shame this doesn't apply to players.

Dagger users
    Not limitting this to THF or DNC, it's an issue with both. Karbuncle once suggested a slight increase to Dagger damage, I think this should be applied. The only reason people bring a THF nowerdays is for Treasure Hunter. DNC is effectively dead in Endgame.

Adjustments to the Game itself
    - Add an option to remove gear blinking in the config. I know Blinkmenot is an option, but it involves Windower and people seem to have an issue with Windower.
    - Make Alexandrites easier to obtain. You've heard this all before...
    - Balance out Break(ga) from players and mobs. Why it lasts forever when mobs cast it and 30 seconds for players is beyond me.
    - I saw someone suggest adding Barlight(ra) and Bardark(ra). This is a good idea.
    - Increase the number of jobs that can use certain elemental weapon skills, in particular the proc weapon skills for Abyssea/Voidwatch.
    - Eliminate the cooldown on certain items (normal Potions/Ethers/Reraise Hairpins/EXP rings) in line with items like Abyssea/Voidwatch Temps. Their usefulness is effectively cancelled out by not being able to cast or use JAs for 5~10 seconds.
    - I saw someone suggest a Gilgamesh mob. Please for the love of god implement this.
    - Along the same 'fanboy' lines, add event gear that looks like the costumes from old Final Fantasy games (for example, Cloud/Squall/Tidus's costume for men, Rydia/Yuna/Lightning's costume for women, and so on). The 25th Anniversary is the perfect time to do this.
    (24)
    Last edited by Sargent; 08-27-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

I would like for the development staff to acknowledge the enjoyment players have gained form the Abyssea scenarios; from our perspective, it was a huge success and a model that should be repeated.

From there, the staff should take what we enjoyed most about the scenarios, and apply them to the upcoming expansion and any future scenarios.
    (13)

Player
    Making Void Dust stackable would be amazing. Having to buy 6 off the ah every voidwatch is time consuming, and it can be a hassle for people that have multiple characters.
    (12)

Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast