Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrirs_Takumi View Post
    Ok, But You can call Automaton every what? 15 min or so?
    That is a NPC that you can only Use once a day or 11 times a week. It should be a good Companion, i hated the fact that if you teleported you would loose you companion. (i dunno if they fixed that but hey) You should be able to call it more than once per day, imo. He/she is your companion like Robin is to Batman, and like Watson is to Sherlock. An Hero needs an accomplice.
    20 minutes with Activate, 1 minute with Deus Ex Automata (but at lvl/3 HP&MP). Fellows stay for 100 kills or 3 hours now, so unless you zone into a town or join parties, the standard pearl is enough for the entire week, with the quested one for backup.

A NPC that can cast whatever you want, whenever you want, is called a PC. You should be able to find a few of those lounging around in Jeuno.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    20 minutes with Activate, 1 minute with Deus Ex Automata (but at lvl/3 HP&MP). Fellows stay for 100 kills or 3 hours now, so unless you zone into a town or join parties, the standard pearl is enough for the entire week, with the quested one for backup.

A NPC that can cast whatever you want, whenever you want, is called a PC. You should be able to find a few of those lounging around in Jeuno.
    Most of those laying around Jeuno are called Bazaars. In addition there is a difference between finding a PC and a GOOD PC. Even still the fact is other PC are fickle and dont want to do stuff you want to do or not on when you want to do it, b and moan about what job you have when actually can do it and how you play the job. Personally the less I have to bother with other people the better my game play experience. Just do as your told, go where I go, and be quiet. If you can find me PCs that offer that simplicity send them my way. LOL
    (3)

Character
    Shinjiraku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't think your NPC waits for you at the end of the zone. And as for PCs, not everyone wanna help out someone they barely know, everyone is busy with there own things now that you can basically solo or duo everything. Only reason i want a good companion is because i solo exp, solo nms. Since no one ever level in the Grounds tome area. all they want to do to level is Level to level 10~15 then go in Gusgen till 30~40 then go in abyssea PTs that RMT shouts about. Is that the New way of leveling? if so it's dull and it sucks, i am an old ffxi timer. i miss the valkurm dunes pt, the qufim pt and the kazham pts, but you don't see that anymore. Hence the reason to have a Better and improuved companion. i like moving from spot to spot to level up.

And also your NPC leaves leaves like a coward if you get K.Oed or if she gets K.Oed, wouldn't it be possible to get raise by it if she would be Soothing healer, or would get raise if you are whm/rdm/blm/smn etc...? cause seriously, it sucks to having to loose your NPC cause you get aggroed by something you didn't want to fight in the first place.

I know the full potential of the NPC/Companion is not at it's full potential, and i would like to see it.
    How many times have you been left out or couldn't duo stuff? Boosting in STR if attacker or in MND if healer or VIT as Tank for your NPC. But would it really make a difference that if your duoing with a friend? Like i said, most people dont like to bother LS mates or shout for help, cause most people can be greedy and ask for gils. And when that happens most people would give up. Is that what FFXI is now all about?
    (0)
    Last edited by Fenrirs_Takumi; 09-23-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Character
    Alustiral
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 32
    I kind thought cool if fellow could acaulty get advance job i love see fellow with dragoon armor and they own wyren
    (0)

My suggestions for the soothing healer NPC and the Stalwart Shield NPC:

Protect, Shell, Blink, and Stoneskin should be free. She buffs both of us and whines about being out of mp.
    Soothing Healer shouldn't debuff. She usually gets resisted and sometimes will spam trying to land it. It just wastes MP from the spells I want. (Cure, Haste, -nas).
    Soothing Healer should have +2 Auto-Refresh. It's not like she's allowed to be used for anything hard. Can't even summon her in many outdated zones.

I love the idea of being able to trade her gear and have it used. I want to be able to trade her a noble's tunic and give her +1 refresh and 10% cure potency etc.

It would even be kind of neat if I could farm up and trade her Empy +1 gear. Soothing Healer with whm empy pants? Hot.
    (0)

Yeah. What we really need is more AI behaviour settings. If we aren't going to be allowed to customize the spell list freely, we should at least be able to set more predefined behaviors.

A soothing healer should be a soothing healer, not a debuffer. A fierce attacker should be fierce, not use tachi enpi when she has access to kasha and gekko which both skillchain a lot better with a lot more weapons.

We should also be able to tell them which treshold they should cure at. If we have some self-heal capabilities, it would be very good if we could tell the NPC (while at the rendervouz point) to not heal us until we go below 50% or 33% or any other percentage we feel is good for us. Personally, when I'm on drg/sam and have access to a 600-700 healing breath every minute, I never really need a cure unless I'm taking a lot of damage unusually fast. However, my NPC keeps topping me off all the time with cure 3 and cure 4 when I am just ~200 hp from 100%, and when the time comes that i get a link with 4+ mobs, she's suddenly out of MP.

I also remember the community reps saying that they couldn't let us add armor and such to NPCs because they "already were given a significant edge in combat", but I am struggling to see what kind of edge this is. Equipped with a great katana, my lv 80 NPC now does about 250-350 gekkos to mobs that are approximately VT to her. Now maybe I'm just remembering things incorrectly, but I am pretty sure I did a lot more than 350 damage gekkos when I was a lv75 sam fighting VTs, so where exactly is this "edge"?

They are both statistically inferior to an average player, and also not intelligent enough to get as much as possible out of the low stats they have. Had they performed smarter actions in battle, perhaps the low stats they have wouldn't have annoyed me as much.

What we need is either an NPC that pays attention to the WSes we use and attempt to pick their WSes so that we can SC with them, or the ability to set 2-3 "favourite WSes" at the rendervouz point, at least when we have set them to Fierce Attacker.

While on healer or soothing healer, I think the NPCs should greatly favor MP-recovery WSes instead of damage dealing WSes whenever they are equipped with weapons that give access to these.

Additionally, at level 95, I think it is about time they learned the mythic WSes, and when they finally are allowed to reach 99, the merit WSes. We could spend fellow points to purchase them.

Bottom line: The NPC is extremely unreliable as a healer, and statistically awful as an attacker. If the developers aren't interested in fixing this, then they shouldn't even have bothered to let us break their cap past lv 70.

Currently, I am leveling her for two reasons:
    1. For my WHM to have a NPC target to spam enhancing on for skillups.
    2. In the extremely tiny, but still existing hope that SE will eventually fix the problems with them. Ideally before Adoulin is released so I can use her there. And don't you dare disable calling her in that area.

Most of what I've said here is also basically the same complaints that I have written about in my other NPC rant thread recently. You might have seen it!
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-10-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Character
    Shinjiraku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    HAHAHA. Skill ups? really XD

And about tachi-gekko doing shitty damage. i use club and she can't even pass 200 with Hexastrike... Yet. against me @ level 70 she nearly kick my ass in the bcnm but can't kill a NPC Too weak by Herself,
    (0)

Character
    Shinjiraku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    At the very same moment we are speaking... she just did 18 of damage with Hexastrike.... on a Level 78 mobs. and she's level 75,....
    (0)

So that means you agree with me, right?
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6