Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooj View Post
    I love that picture of the Red Mage... it is EXACTLY the way I picture Red Mage: doing some crazy elemental damage through weaponry. You rule.
    ---------------------
    (^.^)/ Thanks, I'm glad you dig it
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Badieh View Post
    Can you draw pictures of my character?
    -----------------------
    Feel free to post your request in my Signature Thread: Kingfury's Illustration Emporium: Signatures, Illustrations, and more!, though I must warn you, I'll be doing signatures for a few weeks to catch up lol.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Hahah, it seems your drawing prowess has attracted more attention than the idea it was supposed to support.

I rather like the idea of sort of making the target a victim of elemental affinity, but first, they'll probably never grant us the aura effect, and second, it feels a bit convoluted. It's a roundabout, Skill Chain like way of simply enfeebling a target/buffing allies. Parties have traditionally foregone such methods for simpler routes.

If it's going to be a three-step process, it could actually stand to include other party members, and unlike Skill Chains, maybe result in something effortless (on their part, because who wants to cooperate with the melee RDM) to execute.

I've always wanted to see En-spells carry more than just poorly-scaled damage, some native beneficial effect independent of some special ability.
    ----------------------
    Yeah, that happens sometimes with my threads, but I'm just happy with sharing lol

I definitely hear ya, and I really did think to include party members into the process initially. The biggest debate I ran into though was if a RDM would HAVE TO depend on others for this ability to be useful. At first, I thought about the concept of using other party member's elemental weapon skills to activate the 3rd step for the "elemental effect", but then I looked at the whiplash of RDMs who would be irritated that they wouldn't even have the same ability to do so due to their lack of elemental Sword weapon skills. That, and I wanted to give something exclusively to RDM so that it would feel unique, which is why I chose to make the ability level 50 to suite the 2nd tier enspells.

In the end, I would hope for truly unique RDM oriented Aura effects such as Phalanx with perhaps an altered type of convert attached to it, or maybe an Aura that provides Haste with a powered down version of Chainspell attached to it. Anything that would make RDM desirable again within any party set up and fight.

Thanks for the feedback /
    (1)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Hiya King

Not to rain on a great idea but SE made it pretty clear they don't want aura's with RDM. Tho I will give you much credit for such a clever way of getting it in there. As always you illustration are awesome.
    -------------------------
    Did they post that here already? o.0

Hook me up with a link to where they said that please, since I'm sure it's buried by now in the ocean of post.

Thanks for the compliment /
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post

Hook me up with a link to where they said that please, since I'm sure it's buried by now in the ocean of post.

It was back when I requested the ability for RDM to aoe it's spells. That was under Tanaka though where Red Mage was thought to be "very powerful -.-". Matsui has indicated a more open mind to changing things in the game so I do believe the idea should be revisited. I've posted a somewhat lengthy post in the "what would you want" thread the CR's made for Matsui.

Personally I always wanted a "Spell Blade" ability similar to COR's QD. Instead of using cards it would consume the RDM's current enspell effect to produce a magic nuke (or enfeeble idea). RDM casts Enblizzard, use's "Spell Blade" JA (charge based like COR's) and *poof* Tier IV nuke damage or some sort of effect.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    It was back when I requested the ability for RDM to aoe it's spells. That was under Tanaka though where Red Mage was thought to be "very powerful -.-". Matsui has indicated a more open mind to changing things in the game so I do believe the idea should be revisited. I've posted a somewhat lengthy post in the "what would you want" thread the CR's made for Matsui.

Personally I always wanted a "Spell Blade" ability similar to COR's QD. Instead of using cards it would consume the RDM's current enspell effect to produce a magic nuke (or enfeeble idea). RDM casts Enblizzard, use's "Spell Blade" JA (charge based like COR's) and *poof* Tier IV nuke damage or some sort of effect.
    GEO is getting it now though, so they took the idea again and gave it to another job.
    (2)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Red mage was designed to be proficient in the ways of enfeebling magic and single-target/self enhancements. Magic spells were split so that red mages focused on single-target magic, while white mages excelled in AoE magic.

In regards to Haste specifically, the stats surrounding the spell were created for a single target in mind, so for balance reasons we have no plans to make it possible to turn it into an AoE spell.

Due to this, we do not have plans of allowing red mage spells to simply be changed into AoE spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post

Here you go, like I said, like the idea. It's very clever. But it was made clear way back than that it's not what there idea of RDM is. If we should be fighting for something new, it should be single target spell's that out preforms/stronger than there aoe counter parts. As is, there's no job that really excels in that department.
    (1)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 08-17-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    brillent!!!! giving rdm main the ability to aura perhaps enfeebles, heals, and buffs using that method sounds cool and 500 phalanx might actually help RDM get invite but not without some boost ability to other AOE(attack up all). also if the effect slow is be nice to add in the opposite effect to the party inside the aura where a 10% haste affect is gained when mob is slowed. RDM shouldnt beleft out lacking a real JA that boost others attack (not just haste/refresh II(all we bring to table) making RDM a little more usefull in a times battle such as AA high tiers where on difficult or higher RDM is not wanted filling a spot in the 6 person party and taking the spot of a main DD needed. only way i even able to do diff AAHM is go rdm/blm is STYMIE addle- ES impact and dot choke posion....land slow, n gravity when can it super high evasion even with almost aa +24-28 mac 5/5 hagondes on. rdmneed something casue i want be part of this game again. not just keep toping out of best stuff and not even be wanted like it been soooo long.....a rdm not gonna get an invite as i never have to AA Diff and have em loose there golden brd, cor tingy unless RDM can compensae somehow others dam, or some real advantage as we are now call RDM = worthless and that how i feel less im solo liek i cam 24/7
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Goodness gracious.
    (1)

lawls... this guy, man.

i imagine he's now reading the entire RDMelee threadnaught. i await the bump.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2