Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove 3+ man requirement for lvl 75 content.

Pretty much what the title says. Is this really necesarry? There are people that would still want to do some of the 75 content but can't because they can't even rally up 2 other players. SE pretty much killed 75 and since a lot of old content can be solo'd, might as well remove the 3man requirement don't you think?

I understand this is an MMO and you're supposed to play together, but if you can't even get other people to do it then there's no point. SE loves adding content and letting it die, but at least make it still usable.

Of course some changes would have to be made, for instance you wouldn't be able to solo Nyzul Isle the lamp order floors. Not like anyone likes lamp floors so they might as well remove that entirely if you ask me.
    (56)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You need better friends.
    (2)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    They said no.... they meant no.... they wont change there mind, the answer is no.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    You need better friends.
    You need an Intelligence Potion.
    (25)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    3 man requirement is necessary or you would see 10x more thread where people complain that the gear is too easy to obtain. As long as it's not 18 or 36 man requirement, it's good. The only objection I would have is doing a mythic, but for this you can build 2 gimps characters that would help you go in assault/salvage/ w/e, that's not exactly what the average player is looking for though.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    You need an Intelligence Potion.
    I hope it's because I'm an Elvaan and I could use the INT boost, and not because I think it's perfectly reasonable to require two other people to do what amounts to maybe 10% of the content in this massive multi-player online game.
    (3)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    I hope it's because I'm an Elvaan and I could use the INT boost, and not because I think it's perfectly reasonable to require two other people to do what amounts to maybe 10% of the content in this massive multi-player online game.
    The multiplayer aspect in a game should be implied due to content you can't clear on your own, not through arbitrary restrictions. That's like saying Super Smash Brothers should have a single-player mode that can only be activated with four people playing it, where one guy plays the game and the other three just need to sit there and breathe through their mouths.
    (16)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    3 man requirement is necessary or you would see 10x more thread where people complain that the gear is too easy to obtain. As long as it's not 18 or 36 man requirement, it's good. The only objection I would have is doing a mythic, but for this you can build 2 gimps characters that would help you go in assault/salvage/ w/e, that's not exactly what the average player is looking for though.
    We' ve had massive threads in the past mostly about assault missions and Nyzul isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are aware that with the current level of difficulty, it is possible to clear things with less than three people. However, we do not have plans of changing it so that you can solo/duo this content due to the fact that the "cost" of Assault-related content is 3 tags. Therefore, the rewards, and other aspects, are balanced for the "cost" of 3 people or more entering.
    thread went on and they said they'd never change it.

and as for someone making 2 other characters and 3 boxing stuff, I've seen that before and it just looked goofy. guy was doing Salvage.
    (0)

Player
    I didn't make 2 other characters for it, but I did/do occasionally use my GF's and my best friend's characters to go into Salvage and use the log out thing so they keep their stuff.
    (0)

I think the real reason they won't change it from requiring 3 people is that it would put more load on their pseudo-instances. Consider this: Entering Nyzul with one party of three people fills up one of their instances, three people entering alone fills up three of their instances, and they only have a limited number of them to put people in.

This is a problem because (as I understand this) the game doesn't instance things as neatly as many newer games do, but you actually need a separate section of a huge zone for each instance, and when you've run out of new sections to put a party in, the next party that wants in needs to wait for one of the current parties to finish.

It is unfortunate, but probably not too strange, considering the server software for FF11 was made a very long time ago. Can't blame the devs for making a server before certain technologies were thought of.

If I'm completely wrong about this, feel free to correct me. I won't be mad.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 08-14-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast