Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think salvage is the only event which would have demand for solo farming.
    I think SE will wait for the player responses on Neo-Salvage before they will even consider changing the requirement for old salvage, though I think they should have changed it already.
    I might go farm salvage actually. I'm sure I can get other ppl to get me in the door. I can solo it after that, no problem
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Here's a suggestion:

If the "cost" of doing an assault is 3 assault tags, then why not let me enter solo by using 3 of my own assault tags?

I would really like to take my whm mule with me but since since i'm trying to make a compromise between rationality and ultra-retardedness, i'm willing to give a few things up to meet you guys half-way.
    My post from a different thread.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I think the real reason they won't change it from requiring 3 people is that it would put more load on their pseudo-instances. Consider this: Entering Nyzul with one party of three people fills up one of their instances, three people entering alone fills up three of their instances, and they only have a limited number of them to put people in.

This is a problem because (as I understand this) the game doesn't instance things as neatly as many newer games do, but you actually need a separate section of a huge zone for each instance, and when you've run out of new sections to put a party in, the next party that wants in needs to wait for one of the current parties to finish.

It is unfortunate, but probably not too strange, considering the server software for FF11 was made a very long time ago. Can't blame the devs for making a server before certain technologies were thought of.

If I'm completely wrong about this, feel free to correct me. I won't be mad.
    My only problem with that is SE always has excuses and I feel we are giving them more of them with this one. Any technology firm worth their weight in gold always tries to find ways to in upgrade, intergrate, modernize their old technology with better more robust existing technology as much as humanly possible. Somehow I just don't get the feeling they even bother too much myself.
    (1)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If only FFXI had a matchmaking system, so everyone who wanted to do a certain event could be grouped together in a list for easier party forming. [Not necessarily forcing everyone into a party. Game has too many jobs to auto-group.]
    /seacom isn't enough. /yell isn't enough.
    (2)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    If only FFXI had a matchmaking system, so everyone who wanted to do a certain event could be grouped together in a list for easier party forming. [Not necessarily forcing everyone into a party. Game has too many jobs to auto-group.]
    /seacom isn't enough. /yell isn't enough.
    That would of been a fantastic idea 6 years ago before all the server crunches in refection of SEs failures.
    (0)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    There is no reason that content set at level 75 shouldn't be allowed to be low manned. Salvage and Assault should allow 1-2 people to meet the requirements as that is all that is needed to complete them.

I would have Captain rank by now if it wasn't for those restrictions along with working on a Mythic.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrua View Post
    There is no reason that content set at level 75 shouldn't be allowed to be low manned. Salvage and Assault should allow 1-2 people to meet the requirements as that is all that is needed to complete them.

I would have Captain rank by now if it wasn't for those restrictions along with working on a Mythic.
    Salvage specifically is done that way due to zone limitations. If SE opened it up to one person going in a day for 100min it would instantly become overcrowded just like Dyna did. You would see a horde of THF's and BST's standing outside the remnants furiously trying over and over again to get a reservation and into the zone. Unlike dyn where the entire zone is shared each person would get their own salvage zone and there simply isn't enough of those to go around. Having a three man requirement prevents it from becoming a daily solo-for-gil-event for EVERYONE on the server like Dyna is now.

The proper answer from SE would be to update their client, F*CK the PS2 and create real dynamic instancing instead of this pseudo reservation slots per zone BS. Then we could all go in and not lock each other out, but until then SE isn't going to reduce the member entry requirements.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    3 man requirement is necessary or you would see 10x more thread where people complain that the gear is too easy to obtain. As long as it's not 18 or 36 man requirement, it's good. The only objection I would have is doing a mythic, but for this you can build 2 gimps characters that would help you go in assault/salvage/ w/e, that's not exactly what the average player is looking for though.
    While I understand why people three-box in general, I choose to read this as you suggesting people spend $40 a month to run assault.

Oh pchan!

(srs though the fact that it's most likely impossible to make a mythic without two extra accounts is an Actual Problem and is by itself reason enough to get rid of the restriction)
    (3)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Salvage specifically is done that way due to zone limitations. If SE opened it up to one person going in a day for 100min it would instantly become overcrowded just like Dyna did. You would see a horde of THF's and BST's standing outside the remnants furiously trying over and over again to get a reservation and into the zone. Unlike dyn where the entire zone is shared each person would get their own salvage zone and there simply isn't enough of those to go around. Having a three man requirement prevents it from becoming a daily solo-for-gil-event for EVERYONE on the server like Dyna is now.
    Right now it's the same thing, only that one other person d/cs at the start. Also, Salvage zones have more than one instance, several groups can be in the same Salvage zone at the same time.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You're missing the fact that server load is reduced by having a single instance which is shared (Dynamis) versus loading multiple instances of the same zone (Salvage). 1x man enter will increase those zones to the point where you have more glitches and more *itches about it glitching.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast