Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Clandestine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Red Mage - Quick Magic

Now that "Quick" has made its FFXI appearance, why not make it a high level Red Mage job trait? It could have a low activation rate (3-5%) so as not to be so overpowering, but based on Chainspell, it seems this is a latent skill Red Mage should possess.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Downside is you'll probably wind up casting spells that depend on some kind of potency in fast cast gear. If it's not something constant or controlled, no thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Native Fast Cast is good enough, no need to dabble with random number generator traits, and a JA would pretty much defeat the purpose while stepping on Scholar's toes.
    (0)

If Quick Magic is a JT, everyone gets mad because now they end up casting our spells in fast cast gear instead of potency gear due to the random nature of it.

If it's a JA it virtually serves no purpose besides being a cool new toy that's really only useful for weakened raises and double magic bursts.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I agree, this should be a JT or JA for RDM, it shouldn't only be enjoyed in abyss.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    If Quick Magic is a JT, everyone gets mad because now they end up casting our spells in fast cast gear instead of potency gear due to the random nature of it..
    what spells are you referring to where you'd be casting in fast cast gear instead of potency gear that it'd make a difference?
    (0)

Some people macro fast cast gear at the beginning of their spell to reduce the casting time then macro into potency gear while the spell is casting so when the spell fires they receive the full benefit of the spell while still keeping the reduced casting time. This especially helps nukes where you need your nuking gear to gain the full benefit of the spell, yet that reduced casting time can make all the difference especially when soloing. If Quick Magic was a JT suddenly your nuke might fire off in your fast cast set which would reduce the potency of that nuke quite a bit.
    (0)

Player
    ah nukes, forgot about those. couldn't think of anything else that it would apply to. i never nuke when i solo (unless i need to proc grellow, then i just cast in fast cast gear cuz i care more about getting the spell off as quickly as possible and returning to melee) and in parties i'm either casting in fast cast for procing grellow or i don't nuke cuz things die too quickly and we have to wait for blue/red procs
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Nukes, cures, and enhancing magic that you'd want more skill or duration boosting would all suffer from this, yes. When /NIN, an instant Ichi when you have a Ni shadow up would waste a cast, too.
    (0)

Player
    cures i'm full fast cast, since mp is never an issue. enhancing, never need to worry about recast except stoneskin but i cast that in fast cast anyway (cap it naked). i never cast ichi when i still have a ni shadow up...that's what stoneskin/phalanx/aquaveil are for if for some reason i can't cast ichi in time (which is like never with all the fast cast we have). but with saboteur slow + paralyze... usually can just stick on ichi to ichi.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast