Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Because the thread you made focuses on what you wish the 2-Hour would be, where this one focuses on what's actually wrong with the 2-Hour.
    (4)

This is basically Soul Voice for RDM, that only works on enhancing spells? Well then I don't see why it should last for over 30 seconds, I mean SV is ONLY 3 MINUTES!
    (4)

Player
    This is a post I made in the New 2 hour Abilities thread. Wanted to share it in this thread as well seeing as it is specifically for RDM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Finally, I have one request when submitting feedback. We have been seeing comments stating that “we don’t want this” and “totally remake it.” Your feedback is something we wish to utilize in our efforts to make the game better, so instead please try to be as specific as you can with how you’d like it aspects to change.
    Camate thank you for the update on the happenings with the 2-hour abilities. I was sad to see nothing was said about RDM's ability however.

What to change!

1. I ask for something very simple that should be balanced, please make the effect of the 2-hour last 3~5 minutes, SCH's Tabula Rasa & BRD's Soul Voice are both much like our ability however last much longer right now.

2. Please return the duration increase, and make it 50~100% extra duration for spells cast during this time.

3. Increase the potency for all spells a 50~100% boost across the board.

Why it is balanced!

With this, we still have many of our most potent spells such as Gain-Spells and Temper as self cast only, but have more time to buff party members. Balance is easily maintained as even with a Haste that gives 30% Haste, SCH & BRD can beat it. SCH has Embrava, which comes up to 30% Haste if I'm not mistaken, and lasts a max of 12.5 Minutes, which is roughly what the RDM 2-hour would make a RDM's Haste last, however Embrava can also stack with Haste, where as RDM's 2-hour Haste will not be able to stack with yet another haste. BRD also can Soul Voice Marches for a total of 40% Haste, which is yet again better than the double potency of a RDM's Haste, while they also have an ability as SCH does that allows for a double duration effect.

Many of RDM's best spells are self target only, meaning no one outside of the RDM would be getting these effects. Due to RDM being the only one to possibly get them, I think it would be fair for RDM to get an incredible boost in power for a good amount of time from spells like Gain and Temper, as they would be a great amount of DD power to put RDM on the front lines, or to use Gain-INT/MND for amazing nukes/enfeebles due to the higher accuracy. Phalanx would give even more damage mitigation allowing RDM to take more of a hit, another reason why it could be very useful, especially with how hard things hit now days, and if it were put with Phalanx II, you would get around -80 damage on party members with this ability, and with how hard things hit now days, that could be useful, not to mention the super strong effects Protect & Shell would gain.

RDM 2-hour Merits?!

We have been told we are going to be able to merit 2-hour abilities, but we have little to no information on anything about it. However some of my suggestions relies on parts of this happening. I figure the Merit 2-hours will be a 3rd category in each jobs merit lists. I also think they will probably work alot like other categories, with 4+ different choices, and upto 10 merits placed into each job. So if this is the case I would like to give you my list of merits for 2-hours I would like to see.

Chainspell - Duration: With each merit, provides a 10% boost to duration. This should stack with the Augmented Duelist's Tabard +2 effect, so normally 1 merit would be +6 seconds of duration, and with this body, 1 merit becomes 8 extra seconds.

Chainspell - Accuracy: With each merit increases magic accuracy by 10 during the effect of Chainspell. This would allow better magic accuracy during Chainspell, so that less nukes, or enfeebles, are resisted during this time.

New 2-hour - Duration: Adds 10% duration to Enhancing Magic cast during the effect of the 2-hour ability for each merit. Earlier in this post I had the duration at +50~100%, that was for this. If this merit is put in, then it would be starting at 50%, and growing to 100% through merits.

New 2-hour - Potency: Adds 10% potency to Enhancing Magic cast during the effect of the 2-hour ability for each merit. Earlier in this post I had the potency at +50~100%, that was for this. If this merit is put in then it would be starting at 50% and growing to 100% through merits.

If this is not the plans for merits!

If merits are not like this we will need a 75~100% boost in duration/potency of spells during this effect, as I showed earlier, it is not unbalanced, many other jobs have effects much like this that are very potent and can even stack with the effect of the original spells, meaning theirs will still be more powerful even.

Please keep in mind, you are asking players to wait 2 whole hours to use these powers again, and 2 of these abilities we already have on other jobs are highly powerful, so much so that they are thought to be the only abilities worth waiting that 2 hours. I think it is fair for RDM to get these buffs, as it would make it a more potent job, and extend its power a little more in a party or solo setting with its various Enhancing Magics.

Thank you for reading

Thank you for reading my post, and ideas. I hope they are given to the devs, and they can truly be looked over, and possibly implemented for RDM. RDM is my favorite job, but time and time again it feels like since the level cap was raised the job has lost its use, and this new 2-hour has some hope to get it back, but we do need the ability to be better than it is. Please look into this, and do it, so that RDM can have a place again, and so the job doesn't truly die.
    (3)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by 0nionKn1ght View Post
    Why did you make a new thread with a different dev tracker code, and then talk about RDM merit 2 hours, when there is already a very active thread about this identical subject?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Because the thread you made focuses on what you wish the 2-Hour would be, where this one focuses on what's actually wrong with the 2-Hour.
    Don't take it personal, but I didn't want thing's to get lost in that thread.

Also 1058 is for merited 2 hour abilities, 1135 is for the new 2 hours.
    (3)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 08-14-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Player
    30seconds is a bit short. It's barely enough time to buff ourselves. It should last 60-90 seconds which is a fair amount of time to buff ourselves, wait for recast timers and the buff other players. This actually a fair amount of time because with Composure and full empyrean armor and estoq.cape buffs last about 12-15 minutes on us and about 6-8 minutes on other players.

BRD also can Soul Voice Marches for a total of 40% Haste, which is yet again better than the double potency of a RDM's Haste, while they also have an ability as SCH does that allows for a double duration effect.
    Well with RDM's new 2hr, we could just give the party Haste and let the BRD do Minuetx2.

My suggestion is, under this new 2hr, make all of RDM's enhancing spells either AoE or castable on party members. This lets us Temper and Gain-STR others for 60 seconds.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-15-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think everyone would love to see RDM get aoe buff's. But they've made it clear they don't see that for RDM. I know at one point it was said "by player base" if we can't AOE buff than give the job more potent buff's over the aoe versions. Considering the Dev's have come at us with this new 2 hour, it my be exactly what they have done.

Which isn't exactly what we were asking for, but we are getting it. In a backwards kind of way.
    (0)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 08-15-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Player
    They wouldn't give RDM aoe buffs normally but I think it would be balanced and fitting for a 2hr. Hell I'd be happy even if it wasn't AoE but was made 'party only' instead.
    (1)

I'm mostly concerned with this two hour being far too weak and far too brief, with too many questions and limitations attached.

Why is it dispellable? Will additional merits extend the duration or the potency? What does that cap at? Does Composure affect the buffs themselves?
    (2)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Being a 2 hour effect un~dispel~able buff's would make it a real bonus in fight's where a mob is known to dispel constantly. The idea would bring strategy and utility to the job in those kinds of fight's.

Hell they don't even need to be completely un~dispel~able, just have them come with a high resist rate to being dispel.
    (4)

It would also take a step closer to worthiness of activation.
    (0)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast