Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

[DEV 1135] RDM 2 HOUR

I wanted to move this here under the correct heading so it could get the proper attention.

So honestly I don't think the concept behind the new RDM 2 hour is all so bad. But in it's current form it doesn't really feel as much as a two hour as something that should be on a a 15 minutes timer. From what D-H has share with us here on his testing I've taken a moment to come up with some idea's to make it more 2 hour worthy/compile what has been share to beef it up properly.

1: 2 hr duration: honestly 30 to 45 second of improved buff's just doesn't really cry epic 2 hour at all. Basically you rush to get out buffs as fast as possible before the duration end. Having it for such a short time just kind of seem's cheap and kill's the over all utility. Ideally this 2 hour would work better with a 5 to 10 minute duration. Where it could be reapply when necessary til the end of the fight or at least mid way threw the fight.

2: undispel~able: I'm referring the actually spell's and not the 2 hr ability it self. This has been suggested a few time's to add over all bonus to the 2 hour to make it more appealing.

3: Duration increase: I know originally this was just a mis translated but it was a very appealing idea bonus to the ability.

4: It would be idea if the ability double potency on anything it affected. This would bring a lot of demand for the ability in end game content.

Perhaps with these idea's in mind, content could be design so balance could be achieved. Any way just my thought's on thing's.
    (12)

Player
    The 2-hour itself is bad due to lack of duration and potency, I very much agree. We need at least 3~5 minutes of duration and much higher effects, 1.5 times or perhaps even 2 times!
    (3)

Character
    Mathieu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    How exactly is duration a problem? As long as there is enough time to cast all the enhancing spells it actually applies to, then its duration doesn't matter that much unless it is longer than 9 minutes. Maintaining the effects of a two hour for nine minutes is far better than almost any other one in the game. Soul Voice, probably the most comparable two hour currently in game, with perfectly timed casting and a merit ability, can maintain one effect almost that long. Bards also have a hard cap on the effects they can have going at once and take much, much longer than Red Mages to cast.

Unless the ability only impacts abilities while it is in effect, not just abilities cast under it, magnitude is going to determine how useful it is. Duration is largely irrelevant unless you plan on recasting all your relevant enhancing spells immediately at the end of it. In which case, that isn't different from it having a short duration.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post
    How exactly is duration a problem? As long as there is enough time to cast all the enhancing spells it actually applies to, then its duration doesn't matter that much unless it is longer than 9 minutes. Maintaining the effects of a two hour for nine minutes is far better than almost any other one in the game. Soul Voice, probably the most comparable two hour currently in game, with perfectly timed casting and a merit ability, can maintain one effect almost that long. Bards also have a hard cap on the effects they can have going at once and take much, much longer than Red Mages to cast.

Unless the ability only impacts abilities while it is in effect, not just abilities cast under it, magnitude is going to determine how useful it is. Duration is largely irrelevant unless you plan on recasting all your relevant enhancing spells immediately at the end of it. In which case, that isn't different from it having a short duration.
    Which you can't, this 2-hour requires a 3-minute duration. If they don't want you using it on other people than re-word it. (even then you can not cast all RDM spells in optimal gear in that stupid time)

Increases Enhancing Magic potency for self-target only (and if so up the potency to double). Otherwise, the recast of the spells makes the 2-hour useless in itself.

PS. I'm aware nothing will be done to change this 2-hour simply as it's RDM, damn thing would have been better as the merit effect for Chainspell not a new 2-hour.
    (6)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 08-13-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Player
    As long as it shares a timer with Chainspell I can't see myself using it.

Put it on a separate 20 minute timer and we'll talk.
    (12)

Player
    How long does this 2h last on the testing server?
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    From my experience it can take a RDM from a 1:30 to 2 minutes to completely buff. That alone makes a 30 to 45 second to short to even crank out half of what we need. I'll admit some buff's my be redundant. But add on possible buffering of other's and that number can be pretty much on time. One of the reason for including a longer duration of the actually 2 hour is to flush out the over all utility. Not to mention it will just make the player base feel better about using it.
    (3)

Character
    Mathieu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Which you can't, this 2-hour requires a 3-minute duration. If they don't want you using it on other people than re-word it. (even then you can not cast all RDM spells in optimal gear in that stupid time)
    The key word is all. The enhancing spells that really would help in an emergency while being buffed enormously ones only take about 30 seconds to cast without Fast Cast. I agree, you can't go through the entire buffing cycle in that amount of time. However, it is ample time to slap on the enhancing spells most suited to a specific situation and then some.

The longer casting time buffs aren't really things that seem likely to justify bothering with this two hour. If you really need them, you are better off with Chainspell.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post
    The key word is all. The enhancing spells that really would help in an emergency while being buffed enormously ones only take about 30 seconds to cast without Fast Cast. I agree, you can't go through the entire buffing cycle in that amount of time. However, it is ample time to slap on the enhancing spells most suited to a specific situation and then some.

The longer casting time buffs aren't really things that seem likely to justify bothering with this two hour. If you really need them, you are better off with Chainspell.
    So basically a 2-hour you can't even use simply to buff yourself, Yup, real useful....... I mean useless.

PS. new 2-hour adjustments coming, bet you can't name the job ignored again.
    (3)

Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why did you make a new thread with a different dev tracker code, and then talk about RDM merit 2 hours, when there is already a very active thread about this identical subject?
    (0)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast