Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Elemental Seal significantly increases magic hit rate, so it can still potentially be impacted by a very highly resistant monster. In the majority of situations where it is difficult to stick an enfeeble, it is because the monster is very highly resistant. In order to be able to stick the spell and ignore the resistance (bypassing Immunobreak), the new RDM SP ability can be used to give the debuff reliably.
    Yes, it can do that. And you know what else can do that even better? Elemental Seal, which doesn't make you wait an hour between uses and has other uses as well. It's not even as if you have to horribly gimp yourself by subbing Puppetmaster or something you'd normally never use, /BLM is a perfectly reasonable RDM subjob.

As far as immunity goes, we are planning on tuning each monster individually and getting rid of immunity as much as possible. In Voidwatch, Legion, and the Limbus/Einherjar high level expansions, immunities have already been reduced to almost none. We will continue to perform these adjustments to other monsters as well as in all new content.

Regarding the suggestion to allow for spells over a duration instead of just one case, although we have not completely disregarded this option, we want to adjust very carefully as a monster could be quickly debuffed completely and then Stunned continuously for the remaining duration of the ability. We'd be grateful if you'd test out this ability first and then let us know how you feel about it.

Also, about your opinion that the effects of enfeebling magic are too weak in the first place, we also want to give enfeebling magic a more noticeable effect and we would like to tackle this in the future as a separate issue.
    In other words, "Trust us, we promise it will be good later." {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.} Why? "Promises, promises; lies, lies." They also promised us new avatars (result two years later: a video a decent .DAT hacker could put to shame), the ability to create our own dungeon (result: MMM), addressing the issue where content needs Embrava and/or Perfect Defense (result: -10% HP on a handful of mobs with offense being untouched), Charmna (result: nothing), an enmity fix (result: nothing), Pet: +Treasure Hunter gear (result: less than nothing as they denied ever making the promise), etc, etc. There is no trust in the dev team remaining on our part; they threw it all away, pissed it all down the drain. They need to make this ability into something other than a bad joke now, not whenever the hell they think they are going to be sorry about all the promises they broke.
    (11)
    Last edited by Hashmalum; 11-17-2012 at 04:14 AM.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Thanx Kitkat, appreciate the post.

Question is, is there one spell that would be worth it?
    (1)

Character
    Erikwyld
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Played with the new JA a little this morning.

I was able to land an enfeeble (Paralyze II) on a mob (Flame Skimmer in Abyssea - Mis) that was "completely resists the spell" using the new JA.

Right now the JA seems to have no recast timer on the test server, but I can tell you this ability is barely worth 10 minutes, nevermind an hour or more. Even turning around and stacking Paralyze II with Saboteur was unimpressive, especially considering I had to burn two timers to do it.
    (4)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The part I found especially entertaining was:

Regarding the suggestion to allow for spells over a duration instead of just one case, although we have not completely disregarded this option, we want to adjust very carefully as a monster could be quickly debuffed completely and then Stunned continuously for the remaining duration of the ability. We'd be grateful if you'd test out this ability first and then let us know how you feel about it. {{This just in: Stun has a recast timer unless you use Chainspell}}
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know I'm not) but stun is Dark magic where this new SP only affects Enfeebling Magic meaning it has absolutely no effect on stun accuracy. I thought a requirement of being a community rep was that you actually played the game? At least it was last I looked at the application process....or at the least understood the mechanics. This means if it had a duration only (independent of how many enfeebling spells cast while active) it wouldn't do jack diddly to Stun or anything else for that fact that wasn't reliant on Enfeebling skill.
    (4)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know I'm not) but stun is Dark magic where this new SP only affects Enfeebling Magic meaning it has absolutely no effect on stun accuracy. I thought a requirement of being a community rep was that you actually played the game?
    Ah, but this is a translated statement from the dev team, and unfortunately, there is no such requirement for them--although there should be!
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    The part I found especially entertaining was:

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know I'm not) but stun is Dark magic where this new SP only affects Enfeebling Magic meaning it has absolutely no effect on stun accuracy. I thought a requirement of being a community rep was that you actually played the game? At least it was last I looked at the application process....or at the least understood the mechanics. This means if it had a duration only (independent of how many enfeebling spells cast while active) it wouldn't do jack diddly to Stun or anything else for that fact that wasn't reliant on Enfeebling skill.
    Good catch, didn't think of that myself even... then again I suppose thats even more proof the people who are making this game have no idea what the hell they are doing, cant even understand why an ability sucks, or the fact it couldn't be used in a way they claim, pathetic.
    (3)

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Thanx Kitkat, appreciate the post.

Question is, is there one spell that would be worth it?
    RDMs+BLMs kite/nuke alli for ADL^^

or wait 4+ min. "SLEEP" for recover after wipe

and the next Ja for Rdm is Divine Seal with 2h timer.....
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Possible solutions;

Increasing the number of enfeebles available to RDM. Such as:

-An Addle-type enfeeble for readying TP moves.

-An Inhibit TP enfeeble.

-Plague.

-Magic Attack/Defense Down versions of Dia and Bio, functioning the same way as them (e.i. they overwrite each other).

-Impact.

- Light elemental nuke like Ultima, damage based on the total of all your magic skills.

These base ideas courtesy of Vriska of Bahamut.

From Damane of Pheonix:

I dont know, RDMs new SP looks terrible. They should have added a reversed embrava version as a debuff for RDMs new SP to hour.

a Spell you get access to only during the SP (60 sec time to cast the spell) that does the follwoing for 5 min on 1 mob only, during the debuff is on:

Spell "blabla":
    - gives a potent -Regain debuff on the mob
    - negates any natural regen buff a mob has
    - lowers its attack and casting speed by 30%
    - fully dispells any buffs a mob has up when the spell lands
    - prevents for the 5 min duration the mob to gain any debuffs from a spell/ability.
    - lowers monsters m.acc+mab and attack, defense (the attack/def down is not overwriten if you cast bio/dia, but stacks with it.)

to make it a bit less braindead:
    the spell caps at 600 enfeebling magic skill. The enfeeblign magic skill determins the potency of the: -Regain, slow, m.acc mab down, attack and defense down the mob will get.
    The spell can not be resisted.
    the spell can be made AoE with manifestation to hit multiple targets
    monsters with self healign skills/moves can not remove the debuff.

dont understand me wrong, I dont want an OP spell. But if balanced correctly, such a spell could have some uses on some/alot of mobs and zerg situations. for example to prevent curse spikes on the new KBs in Legion for example etc.

That's not even getting into talks about Brave, Faith, higher tiers of Dia and Bio, making appropriate adjustments to this new SP2 and, of course, the suggestions we offered to fix the old SP2. All of which can be found and have be expounded upon on this forum (both the RDM specific one and the "2-hour" topic) and others like it.

We try to roll with the punches when stuff that seems to be out of order (or out of left field) gets introduced. It gets very trying though when you refuse to see reason and drag your feet on issues you should easily be able to comprehend. What I'm trying to say is if you, devs, think we're just being difficult and just saying, "It's bad. Do it again.", you're mistaken. The one thing you can't say about your playerbase is that they're an unhelpful bunch that don't offer any real solutions but just say no to everything. You want ideas for how to fix things, you got them.

But now I'm beginning to wonder...

First of all, regarding your feedback that we are using the forums to negotiate updates, this just isn't true. Since the changes we proposed are the result of numerous and repeated studies, we reference the feedback here only to make the proposed adjustments better. If there is a plan to compromise from the beginning, we will let you know from the start.
    if you'll do anything with them...
    (4)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 11-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikwyld View Post
    Played with the new JA a little this morning.

I was able to land an enfeeble (Paralyze II) on a mob (Flame Skimmer in Abyssea - Mis) that was "completely resists the spell" using the new JA.

Right now the JA seems to have no recast timer on the test server, but I can tell you this ability is barely worth 10 minutes, nevermind an hour or more. Even turning around and stacking Paralyze II with Saboteur was unimpressive, especially considering I had to burn two timers to do it.
    Given that "completely resists" is immunity, and the initial dev post on the new RDM SP explicitly stated that immunity is still immunity, I'm assuming this is a bug.
    (0)

Garbage ability, for garbage spells. Whatever happened to the Enhancing Magic buff (like soul voice) now that is worthy of being used as a 2hour. SE why you no like RDM?
    (4)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast