Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    You sir are some kind of sorcerer

There's no way one could fire off that many buff's that quick with out chain spell.
    It's called having capped cast speed. I cast stoneskin in about 1.5 seconds(fires off at 12-15% or so) other buffs are nearly instant cast 0.5-1second cast with 85% cast speed reduction.

If you can link me to a program that can record ingame for 1-2 minutes(think fraps is 30s with trial version) I'd show you how fast I can buff lol.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    LOL, I actually don't. But man that's really fast. I meant no disrespect towards you. I'm actually sitting on a ton of FC and haste Gear. Maybe I should just shut my mouth and try it out
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    It's called having capped cast speed. I cast stoneskin in about 1.5 seconds(fires off at 12-15% or so) other buffs are nearly instant cast 0.5-1second cast with 85% cast speed reduction.

If you can link me to a program that can record ingame for 1-2 minutes(think fraps is 30s with trial version) I'd show you how fast I can buff lol.
    I assume you're not sacrificing Stoneskin/Temper/Phalanx/En-spell/Gain potency for casting speed, what're you equipping to maximize both?
    (0)

Player
    You can buff that fast, but I suffer from lag on some spells for reasons I haven't fixed, and since I don't really use Rdm, can't be bothered to find out why (it's usually refresh).
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I wouldn't say Chainspell is the best 2hour currently in the game by far (SCH, SMN, BRD, WAR, SAM, MNK and arguably a few others come to mind),
    While Tabula Rasa and Astral Flow are "pretty good" on their own merits (I'd even cede that Tabula Rasa is "up there" with Chainspell), I'm guessing that you only mention them because Embrava and Perfect Defense are flavor-of-the-month right now. If so, then by those standards, SMN's new 2-hour is complete garbage (even though it's really anything but). Of course, last time I checked, SCH's new 2-hour is complete garbage regardless, but isn't that partially because it has something to do with enmity?

Soul Voice is really good, but it's only really good for doing one, maybe two things, so it's not quite as flexible as Chainspell.

Mighty Strikes is awesome in concept, but in practice it's only particularly impressive against mobs with stupidly high Defense . . . which Chainspell-nuke also happens to be good against, unless said mobs have stupidly high resistance, too. Also, it's even more single-purpose than Soul Voice above. Kind of a shame that WAR's alternative to this is basically Formless Strikes on a 2-Hour timer, though, since at least Mighty Strikes allows for a couple of unusually powerful Weaponskills . . .

Meikyo Shisui is admittedly the thing my dreams are made of; one day, I'd love to organize a bunch of SAM's doing a single continuously-long SC (with perhaps some other DDs for Fragmentation, if need be) and basically SC-burn some big boss monster to death (fun fact that far too few SAMs are aware of: SCs actually get more powerful the longer they go, though this caps after about 6 WS or so). It does something much more efficiently than Chainspell does, I'll give it that much.

It goes without saying that Hundred Fists is also quite impressive . . . but a Chainspelling RDM basically laughs in the face of a Hundred Fisting MNK (particularly in the face of Spikes), barring a disproportionate difference in level.

You neglect to mention Azure Lore and Trance. Azure Lore is now basically at least Blue Magic Meikyo Shisui, with the option for Magic Bursting. Trance I would almost put on the level of Chainspell for what it can do, but we still have a greater variety of spells than DNC has Dances.

So, out of all 2-hours listed, only Tabula Rasa and maybe Trance come particularly close, with special mention to Astral Flow, Soul Voice, Meikyo Shisui, and Azure Lore. Helping putting Tabula Rasa over the top is the popularity of Embrava. Still, I stand by my point that Chainspell is still one of the best 2-hours, even if not the best 2-hour.

Whatever they do with this new 2hour, it should be good out of the box, many of the new 2hours are,
    Woah, wait, what? Have you seen the list of new 2-hours? When it was first revealed, the good ones were the exception (though, SE seems to be slowly going about trying to remedy this). As crappy as RDM's 2-hour is in its current state, at least we aren't WAR, THF, BST, or SCH . . .

Bard's (aka Shattersoul Rock & Roll), even situationally compared to the current powerful 2hours those jobs have.
    You actually have no idea how much I wish Bard's new 2-hour was given to Red Mage instead. Much like Fencer, it's pretty much wasted on Bard.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Player
    Using a staff for Enhancing Magic set.
    Staff/Fulcio/---/Impatiens
    Warlock's+1/Colossus's/Esto/Aptus
    Duelist's+2/Duelist's+2/Prolix/---
    Esto/Siegel/Portent/Esto+2

This set is the maximum 500 Enhancing Magic/Fast Cast set. Unless there is gear that has not been brought to my attention, the most FC you can have in an Enhancing Magic build without using precast sets, is 66% Fast Cast, which is by no means bad. However due to the extremely high cast speed for the spells if you were to use a precast set, you would likely need 1 macro for each spell using Windower, or use spellcast(never used spellcast so don't know how it works) but in either case, the time for this is to short if to buff fully you have to have the best possible gear for it to work in your favor.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    You actually have no idea how much I wish Bard's new 2-hour was given to Red Mage instead. Much like Fencer, it's pretty much wasted on Bard.
    Fencer I will agree with, new 2-hour, no, it can stay Enhancing Magic, BRD can keep what its getting I have no want for that on my RDM.
    (0)

Player
    Fencer is wasted on either job

It can stay an enhancing based 2 hour but it needs serious buffs before I'd even start to consider using it, current version is worthless
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Needs to last 3 min and have 2x potency and 2x duration to even be remotely useful.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    Fencer would be wasted on RDM too since Dual Wield is really where its at. No amount of Fencer would compensate from equipping another sword, and the massive delay reduction from /NIN. The only job that would truly benefit from Fencer would be PLD since they're one of the only DDs that relies on a sword/shield combo and doesn't dual wield.
    (3)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast