Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I just want longer duration with higher potency, like they improperly said the first time they announced these. Give me double of both and I will use it.

Also 2H seems almost silly at this point. You can reset them a number of ways and honestly their longer duration leads them to be not used very often even though they could be.
    (3)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Does anyone even do the originals now anyway!?
    More or less just trophies at this point to hang on your mannequins.
    (0)

Player
    While the Red Mage Two-Hour isn't bad on a conceptual level like the worst of the new abilities, it's definitely in the "major issues with potency or execution" pile.

I'm surprised more people haven't complained about it. I'm surprised that I haven't complained about it more, given the massive amount of stuff I complain about.

A two-hour ability that does something so similar to Soul Voice and, in terms of end-effects, also Embrava should be more similar to those abilities in terms of potency and duration. It really is that simple.

The problem and the solution can both fit into the same sentence. It really is that simple.
    (8)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    That is something I forgot to put in my rant of things to SE, we also need buffs cast to be unable to be dispelled as that would instantly kill the 2-hour. Again it is not unbalanced because SCH's Embrava does the same thing, it can not be dispelled by any means except by zoning or a player removing it (not even sure if thats possible seeing as I have never been so stupid as to try it...) so it should be fair.
    You are able to cancel Embrava manually.
    Also, Embrava gets overwritten by Kaustra, Kaustra gets overwritten by Embrava.
    Ooops, wrong door, sorry!
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    You are able to cancel Embrava manually.
    Also, Embrava gets overwritten by Kaustra, Kaustra gets overwritten by Embrava.
    Ooops, wrong door, sorry!
    Ok, so just make it to where buffs under the 2-hour can still be removed by certain effects of the opposite nature, such as some slows will cancel Haste still, just make it less than we have currently. After that should be good.
    (2)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You know I got to thinking last night and I wanted to address something before it became an issue. Please back me up on this post if you agree.

Most of us "I believe" will not be happy if we have to merit this ability into something worth wild, instead of having it do as describe from off the break. Meaning all the original idea's from the first post need to be met before we even throw in the first merit. It could be a really big sore spot if the ability starts off really weak and we "the player base" have to choose how to progress it in order to make it something worth wild.

Please when considering the finally release of this 2 hour, make it as worthy as possible before merit's. I'm pretty sure the player base would agree with me that we don't want another case of category 2 merit spell's when it comes to this 2 hour.
    (7)

I still think it should be a 2 minute Job Ability on a 3 minute cool down.

But, if they insist on making this a second 2h, then I pretty much agree with all of the above.
    (2)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    While the Red Mage Two-Hour isn't bad on a conceptual level like the worst of the new abilities, it's definitely in the "major issues with potency or execution" pile.

I'm surprised more people haven't complained about it. I'm surprised that I haven't complained about it more, given the massive amount of stuff I complain about.
    I think most red mages have given up by this point. Which is a shame, because I think that we could get them to make this one ability at least halfway decent if we all stand together and ask for it. It's not a systemic problem like enfeebling magic, or something that they have demonstrated that they completely have their head up their ass about.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    Which is a shame, because I think that we could get them to make this one ability at least halfway decent if we all stand together and ask for it.
    I actually, I went to the New 2-hour thread and did just that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Regarding the RDM two-hour, there are reports that the effect increase is less than 2x. This is unacceptably underwhelming. The new two-hour should not offer less than triple potency, and should apply to all Enhancing magic, from Protect to Gain spells. Anything less is worthless compared to Chainspell. The new two-hour, while in effect, should also be immune to dispelling effects.

Merits should adjust the duration of the Job Ability while in effect, the duration of which should start at a minimum of a minute, to account for the time spent actually casting the spells. The duration of the affected spells should be enhanced by Composure.
    Whether you agree with my suggestion or not, I think everyone needs to pay it a visit and chime in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sunrider; 08-23-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Player
    The new two-hour should not offer less than triple potency
    Woah~ cowboy, lets try getting double potency now, along with double duration, and leave some growth room with the merits, SE may take overboard things and ignore them, which that seems a lil... high, even if it would be amazing.
    (2)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast