Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Character
    Thore
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I think one possibility is that the Development Bros will go back to the drawing board again and come back with something even worse than this 60 minute incarnation of Elemental Seal, after noting the roughly one trillion complaints produced over two days.

What could anyone possibly come up with that is worse than this, I wonder?
    The new-new-new 2hr will be UltiEnSpell - 30 seconds of random enspell effect (i.e. each hit is a random type, like 1st would be fire, then stone, then water ect.) doing 30ish dmg a hit. Works with main hand only, and doesn't apply with double/triple attack.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thore View Post
    The new-new-new 2hr will be UltiEnSpell - 30 seconds of random enspell effect (i.e. each hit is a random type, like 1st would be fire, then stone, then water ect.) doing 30ish dmg a hit. Works with main hand only, and doesn't apply with double/triple attack.
    Just stop it, there doing fine on there own with out us adding to the bad idea's.
    (1)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    This new two hours should let RDMs access spells that are only available exclusively during the 2 hours. Similar how Blu has Unbridled Learning. This way, you can enfeeble mob with new spells, and with high potency, and it should land. I still do not understand the mentality of the developers. If they do not want us to use zerg strategy, they should let us use other ways. Enfeebling the NMs to death is never the ultimate strategy to win, well, except stun locking the mob - which we should never mentioned in the main thread. The thing is, every time we find a tried and true methods that works nicely, they end up being a total d@#$k and "adjust" it for the sake of BS balance to make sure we cannot win.
    Personally I don't like having thing's with such a limited access. But if it was the only way they'd allow us to have access to something like amnesia, toad, death/doom, plague, terror, confusion. I guess I could learn to live with it. Of course getting these spells under that condition would mean making content to go hand and hand with it. And balancing the content with the spells in mind.
    (0)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well, sure enough, landing spells on immune monsters was confirmed to be a bug: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5482810

With their usual misplaced priorities, the dev team is of course working to "fix" this, thus making the most hated ability in the game even more useless. Oh, and they apologized for it not being completely useless to begin with, much like how they apologized for sambas working on pets. Thanks guys, we knew you cared.
    (12)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Personally I don't like having thing's with such a limited access. But if it was the only way they'd allow us to have access to something like amnesia, toad, death/doom, plague, terror, confusion. I guess I could learn to live with it. Of course getting these spells under that condition would mean making content to go hand and hand with it. And balancing the content with the spells in mind.
    And then they make every NM immune to those, and laugh ... really laugh a loong loong time. A job already has a death/doom move, BLU's Mortal Ray. Stupid long cast time and gives the monster a 60s doom effect. Except it has a major magic accuracy penalty and if it's resisted on the initial cast then it'll wear off at 30s.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Look I know it's a waste to mention those spells for the millionth time. No matter how we pitch it too them and try and convey an idea of balance to go hand in hand with it. There's never a response and we all know the idea's are going no where. But I guy can still dream. And unlike a lot of people on here I don't post/read here a lot so I don't loose my mind and fly off into Nerd rage every time they do something dum.
    (0)

Its a waste to mention spells and abilities at all when the mechanics of the magic school are broken to begin with. You can call crap whatever you want, at the end of the day it is still crap. They need to let RDM break the caps of level 75, and need to allow enfeebling magic to scale potency, that way RDM at the day is the best...and not the job that just needs to wear less MACC gear. Pretty well any job can cap potency on enfeebles, and pretty well any job can stack enough MACC to land enfeebles.

^ Fix that, then you have a foundation to add more spells, and abilities. (same applies to enhancing.)

(*by any job i mean WHM/BLM/SCH/BRD/SMN/COR/BLU primarily)
    (1)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I would like to make a request here to the Development department for some feed back.

Why was the original Enhancing boost SP trashed when it was well received and liked? And are we really going to get stuck with the new enfeebling one even tho no one seem's to care for it?
    (2)

Idea for RDM SP ability...
    Duration: 60 seconds
    Effect: Multiply the duration of any enhancing magic spell you cast (regardless of target) by x10, and allow those buffs to persist through death AND dispel. (if this SP ability is merited, the duration bonus could start at 5 and become 10 with 5/5 merits)
    Reasoning: Enfeebling Magic has become much less useful than it used to be. It has been a low priority for several years now and the future of Enfeebling Magic looks bleak. So we change focus towards Enhancing Magic. However, to go along with this change I believe there should be some changes to some of our spells. Gain-Stat spells, Temper, Bar-spells, En-spells, and Spike spells should be castable on other players - if you want to keep Accession from working with these spells, that's fine (I'm sure it would be that way anyway).

At first glance the duration might seem like too much of a stretch. This would cause ~40 minute Hastes/Refreshes/Temper/Spikes etc., but this would be a good thing for RDM. It situations in which we use this ability, we could spend more time healing/nuking/meleeing/proccing/doing whatever instead of messing with buffs so much. I know for myself personally, sometimes it can be rough being the only healer in a group in VoidWatch, with only Cure 4, managing Hastes and Refreshes while trying to get both hints and procs, not to mention throwing Accession+Barspells/Stoneskin in certain situations. RDM can do so many things, this is always the obstacle of a jack-of-all-trades class.

Edited to add "persist through death AND dispel."
    (1)
    Last edited by Rooj; 12-05-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13