Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Sheaths

Weapon Sheaths

Good morning!

One thing we have seen players asking about is whether it would be possible to add weapon sheaths. From a technical standpoint, weapons make the same movements that a sheath would make, so it would be possible to add a skin over each weapon; however, depending on the weapon some of the animations may look a bit strange.

The problem is that adding a sheath model for every single weapon would take a considerable amount of work and it is just not possible to address all of the existing weapons.

In the future, however, we’d like to try to use the opportunity when new, unique weapons are added to design sheaths. With that said, as it’s not possible to do immediately, please look forward to it as a future possibility.
    (15)

Okipuit - Community Team

I created a poll on FFXIAH to gather opinions for this topic. If you would like to vote feel free to, but this is not an official poll and should not be treated like one and is only for gathering the opinions of players.

Do you think FFXI should get weapon sheaths for new weapons, along with possibly R / M / E weapons?

Yes, if they do it right and make them look nice.
    No, they will get in the way or for other reasons.
    I don't care as long as they include an option to disable them.
    (12)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Is there any possibility that I could see equipped ranged weapons on my character full-time?
    (11)

Sadly they've answered that in the past and told us it isn't possible.

I would love to see ranged weapons on the back though, feel like ranged weapon players need some love too.
    (4)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They said it in the past, but i think it would be do-able. At the tine they said no, they had a whole other list of priorities, and didnt want to mess with new animations, but seeing them make new weaponskills and new jobs coming soon, i see no real reason that they would say "no" other than it being simply a visual stimulant (which is what this game is mainly).

I think doing that would give rng and cor more of an e-peen factor to it and would make the different playstyles easily identifyable without having to check the character. It would definitley be a positive thing.
    (2)

Player
    I would love to see weapon sheaths. I would also like to see them come with display options so that people who don't like them do not have to deal with them if they don't want to.
    (1)

Player
    Can't wait to have a floating sheathe for my floating sword.

They'd look weird in the current context of how FFXI stations its weapons on characters out of combat.
    (0)

Player
    I like how some of the new armors feature straps/pouches that has the weapon clipping through it(either intentionally or unintentionally) so that the weapon appears to be sheathed inside it. For example wearing a dagger with Loki's Kaftan makes the dagger appear to be inside a strap.
    (0)

Character
    Gaspee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Sadly they've answered that in the past and told us it isn't possible.

I would love to see ranged weapons on the back though, feel like ranged weapon players need some love too.
    We do ._.

If they can't make the weapons visable all the time, I'd settle for adaman ingots raining from the sky.
    (1)

A big thanks to Kingfury for my signature!

Character
    Lienn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Should start asking for a graphic revamp at SoA now so they have time to prepare this! ^^ It's about time for PC version of FFXI get a graphic revamp patch to have up-to-date graphics. This way it does would have space for shealths and even ranged weapons that don't disappear.

FFXI deservers better graphics already...and if SE plans on keeping it for another 10 years it's an imoprtant thing to do. Also, it can always just stay as a separated expansion so players can install/unistall at will for space management purposes and have at ffxiconfig an option to use enhanced graphics or current ones.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast