Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

[Suggestion] ManeuverTP bonus

I was wondering... what if PUP had access to a trait or equipment effect like [Tactical Maneuvers]?
    Similar to Military Parade on BRD relic armor, this grants +x TP when using a maneuver while engaged where x is on-par to the stat bonus given by maneuvers.

I think it would somewhat offset the loss of TP gain from NOT using maneuvers, but not to the extent that it becomes overpowered and replaces melee. (And if it is, it could be tweaked by reducing the TP returned.)

It could also be affected by the different animators, so that Deluxe Animator gives more TP then Turbo Animator.
    (6)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Harnao
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    thats actually a decent idea. They wont do though as then I can just use maneuvers to gian 100% TP without actually fighting the mob.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnao View Post
    thats actually a decent idea. They wont do though as then I can just use maneuvers to gian 100% TP without actually fighting the mob.
    That could be covered by requiring the target mob to be claimed by your party. For example, you hit a mob, and next maneuver within 15 seconds will have the TP gain.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Harnao View Post
    mmm, Why not? SAM and /SAM get Meditate, This could just be a lesser form of Meditate for PUPs. Its not like, what, 5~10 TP per Maneuver is going to break the job. (I'd say ~10Tp as its not a full attack round, but close, and the Delay on Maneuvers suuucks).

All things considered, at 10Tp per 10 Seconds, You're looking at 100% TP every 1 Minute and 40 Seconds. Which admittedly is a load better than SAMs... But it could also be a Level 95+ PUP Job Trait, so its PUP Exclusive.

I suppose I see your point though... I mean, It could also have stipulations like... (Not all Apply, Maybe 1-2)

1) Must be Engaged to an Enemy
    2) Caps at 100% TP.
    3) Only Work When Automaton is Engaged in Combat.

I'd like It to work Whenever, And just cap TP at 100%, Or make it to where the Maneuver's only grant ~5 TP, Making it more Comparable to Meditate (100% TP Would come in 3Minutes 20 Seconds).

Either way, I like the gist of the idea tremendously. I think a Job Trait at level 90~+ Would make it not too broken, If SE is feeling generous, 50+ (Out of Sub job range)

Should Translate this and post it on the JP Forum so SE considers it... ... ... ⌐ ⌐
    (3)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    (1)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I guess something that would work similar but passive
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    I was under the impression they were asking for the master to get the TP, IN exchange for wasting their DPS on using a Maneuver... Not the Pet.

I Could have read the OP Wrong though.
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I was under the impression they were asking for the master to get the TP, IN exchange for wasting their DPS on using a Maneuver... Not the Pet.

I Could have read the OP Wrong though.
    You read correctly. The TP gain is intended to offset the TP loss due to maneuver usage.
    (1)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Tactical Switch then?

Guess maybe I just dont get where's the whole losing TP is coming from using Maneuvers. Yeah, there's a time delay that you lose from punching the mob when you use maneuvers, but it's not a hugh deal. You can always go /SAM for mediate to gain more TP, go /DNC to store TP or haste samba and/or use WHM pet to get Haste from him. I'm missing something here. [I've just recently finished my PUP and still working on finishing up my gears for it as well as capping pet's RA - magic are done and melee 20 away from cap. So maybe I'm just missing the point here].
    (0)

Character
    Zijder
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Tactical Switch then?

Guess maybe I just dont get where's the whole losing TP is coming from using Maneuvers. Yeah, there's a time delay that you lose from punching the mob when you use maneuvers, but it's not a hugh deal. You can always go /SAM for mediate to gain more TP, go /DNC to store TP or haste samba and/or use WHM pet to get Haste from him. I'm missing something here. [I've just recently finished my PUP and still working on finishing up my gears for it as well as capping pet's RA - magic are done and melee 20 away from cap. So maybe I'm just missing the point here].
    As a mnk do you boost every 15 seconds? Hopefully no, the small attack boost does not offset the damage lost from delaying melee rounds and the loss of tp that comes with it. Same with pup except we have to use maneuvers every 20 seconds to get the most out of our automatons. In general play its not a huge issue but in high haste/zerg situations PUP lose out on a lot of potential damage either by keeping maneuvers up or not using them and having our autos performance suffer.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast