Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Turialon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Turialon's Complain about the unsocial EMPY upgrades

Hello Everyone. what i write down here, lots of peoples would right me petition.
    I'd like to complayn me to SE about the absolutly unfair and headless Empyupgrade requierements. I work bwtween 10-12 hours each day, and iam forced to bring up 1500 metallplates to upgrade my Massamune. Peoples that's simply nutz !!! What is Se just thinking about peoples who play ffxi those days? That we all not go working? Is FFxi a onlinegame, who only rich or workless peoples shall have a completetly upgraded empy?
    have normal peoples not same right?
    what means 1500? Someone loost his mind completetly?

150 Metallplates are far enough. To get a hand on a Empy the peoples preform far enough work to wield sutche a weapen.

I just can advice SE to think things more clear trough. Empy's are for everyone and not only for rich peoples and workless.

So i'd like SE to reconcider the Empy upgrades requierements, and make it more easy.

Requirements from itmes 1500 or 3000 or something in that direction is simply not to taken any serious.

With my post i think i speak most peoples out from heart.

With Freindly regards,

-Your Turialon-
    (17)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Level 90 empyrean weapons are very achievable goals for casual players. 95, 99 and AG are for crazed 24/7 players with billions of gil.
    (7)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Level 90 empyrean weapons are very achievable goals for casual players.
    Generally, yes.

95, 99 and AG are for crazed 24/7 players with billions of gil.
    AKA, an extremely stupid and pointless design decision that angers and frustrates a large portion of the player base in order to appease an extremely tiny minority who's subscription fees amount to a drop in the proverbial bucket. What a sad use of limited resources and manpower.
    (29)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Judging from the amount of over 90 weapons you see around I'm not so sure that we're talking about a noticeable minority of players eh.

Judge from the point of view of making Empyreal equal to Relics in termis of effort/reward, the 1500hmp stage was necessary.
    They're more or less the same if you consider the lv99 version.
    Probably like 180 mils for a Relic, 250ish for an Empy?
    So aside from small tweaks, they achieved what they were aiming for.
    Can't complain about it.

What I do complain for is that Empyreals have been presented from the beginning as a very easy/very fast and very powerful kind of weapon than even more casual players could obtain, compared to Relics and Mythics back then.
    Then when you're in the middle of the process of obtaining your Empy, you get the big surprise of the lv95 trial.
    That was unexpected, obviously unwelcome and generally speaking a big mass rape of players. First you lure them with something easy, then when they're almost done, you troll them with that trial. Lol.
    But this is from the players point of view, which I completely understand and agree with.

Try for a second to see things from the Point of View of Developers.
    They wanted such weapons to be more common than Relics/Mythics used to be back in the days, but they over-did it making them TOO common, up to the point that you were expected to have at least one, unless you wanted to be considered an unworthy player. This is under the eyes of all of us.
    So they judged it unfair that a weapon that was so much easier to obtain was also more powerful than the past ones.
    They wanted to restore part of the "elite"ness of those weapons, and they tried to do so the following way:
    1) Adding more powerful WSs to use with the old weapons
    2) Making old weapons easier to obtain (dynamis reform)
    3) Making so the newer trials of the Empy weapons are harder to get through
    4) Making so all weapons, at level 99, require more or less the same amount of effort

From this point of view I think they succeded and performed pretty coherent actions, aside from a few things that still have to be fixed.
    You can agree with this view of the game, with this concept, or you can disagree with it, but whatever the outcome I'm sure we can all "understand" it.
    (personally I disagree )
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I mean, let's look at it from an even more general point of view that can be shared through different MMOs as well.
    When a developer makes something "too powerful" or unfair, or too easy or something like that, it creates a big source of unbalancement within the game.
    Eventually, according to the importance of the feature, that might bring ruin and make all the game crumble and make players, ultimately, very disappointed and leave the game.
    When this happens it's a mistake on their side, and they have to fix it when they're still in time.

To do so, they have to make very unwelcome choices that will piss the players and will send them on an outrage but, in the end, it will be for the good of all players in the long run, included those who will (rightfully) go mad about it.

We players are not very good in being objective. When our class receives a buff we're always happy, even when it's unneded or exagerated (and makes players of other classes unhappy).
    When we receive a nerf, it's of course always a big drama because we never like it, even if it was "necessary".
    Sometimes we want too many things too soon, without realizing that if they did that, we would enjoy the game for a couple of days and... then get bored and leave the game.

It's hard to find the right balance between these aspects, but I'm sure we're all aware that we're not the most reliable source in that.
    Like I said in another thread, Developers should listen to us, check our feedback and take it into serious consideration, but it should be THEM who drive the bus and decide which direction it's going, ultimately, basing their choices ALSO on our feedback, but not just on that.
    Sometimes they just have to make very tough choices that cannot be avoided, nobody of us will like them but, in the end, it will be for the good of all of us.

This is generally speaking of course, not talking in particular about Empy weapons, altough this might apply to them as well.
    What I can honestly say I can still blame SE for is to have acted so LATE.
    A good example? Ukko's Fury and Victory Smite nerf. This is a not particularly important example (it wasn't such a huge nerf in the end), but it represents very well what I want to say.
    Ukko's and Vsmite, especially the first, were clearly broken and we've all been knowing that even if we seldom admitted it.
    SE should have fixed that YEARS AGO, max a few months after the release of those WS. Fixing it more than an year after their release is plain retarded, they could have gone another way.

Yet they have this tendency to react too late and too slowly to very important issues in the game, and when they do that it's pretty clear that the reactions from the player base will only be worse, even if the choices they are making are rightful and necessary.
    (4)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What they should have done, if they wanted Empyreans to be rare and special, was make the WoE versions much less aggravating to fully upgrade.
    (29)

Character
    Lynchilles
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    OP is indicative of the attitude of generation Y: I want it ergo I am entitled to it.
    (9)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    What they should have done, if they wanted Empyreans to be rare and special, was make the WoE versions much less aggravating to fully upgrade.
    Well this is true, compared to the amount of effort taken the WoE versions are much worse =/
    (6)

Character
    Kyen
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I couldn't understand for the life of me why such a design choice was even suggested for the game. The inferior versions of the weapons are 5x harder/more time consuming to complete than the real thing. This is something that honestly should be addressed but at this point, I doubt they'd even bother.
    (10)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I always took WoE weapons as a dumb-check...just like Aggressive Aim.
    (4)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast