Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    1500 isn't that much anyway, I agree increase the drop rate, but the number is fair.
    If they deemed is fair, then they should add more pouches on a lot of the high tier NMs of VW. And more HMP on bcnms, campaign, walk of echoes, and some NMs in Abyssea (Isgebind I am looking at you.... and all the other 2 wyrms). This will revive a few dead contents, and bring more supplies of HMP to the market. Problem solved, people still have to work on completing their trials, but they get more opportunities to get the drops, and market will help them with steady supplies.
    (2)

Character
    Ragmar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think the major point the OP was attempting to make was that when empys were released they were said to be the relic of casuals (paraphrased obviously). With that in mind the HMP trial doesn't fit the original design. It is easier to farm 5 marrows than 1500 plates and can be done with less people in less time. You can farm 5 marrows in 4 hours with 10 people. You cannot even come close to farming 1500 HMP in 4 hours with even 18 people giving every HMP from the run. Start to finish a relic will take you far less time than an empy which was not what SE advertised.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragmar View Post
    I think the major point the OP was attempting to make was that when empys were released they were said to be the relic of casuals (paraphrased obviously).
    I thought that was Mythics wasn't it?
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I thought that was Mythics wasn't it?
    It was, Mythics were mean't to be MUCH easier than Relics.. I think SE smoked something illegal that day.

I can't remember even once SE referring to Emps as the casual players weapon.
    (5)

Player
    I think SE smoked something illegal that day.
    Most definitely agree!
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It was, Mythics were mean't to be MUCH easier than Relics.. I think SE smoked something illegal that day.
    Only smoking bath salts can make someone THAT messed up in the head.
    (3)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Personally I like the 99 being so difficult. I'm tired of hearing so many people complain about how the game is "too easy" anymore; these weapons are just right for them.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Personally I like the 99 being so difficult. I'm tired of hearing so many people complain about how the game is "too easy" anymore; these weapons are just right for them.
    It'd be nice if they didn't screw over everyone else in the process though.

What they should do is create a new set of weapons offered by the Smilebringers that require some ungodly number of items from some nigh-invulnerable NMs scattered in the hardest to reach areas of Vana'diel that only spawn once a month each. These weapons could be game-breakingly powerful, and produce a constant snowflake effect around the player.

Then they can leave the rest of us to have obtainable, max level legendary-class weapons since there would be a superior alternative for the snowflake status seekers.
    (7)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I am gonna have to disagree with you on this Meiyi I think this 1500 HMP is a lazy attempt at SE. I can just imagine what was going on during the meeting. With the panic attack setting in, developers hunkered down in the bunker and starting to blame each others, especially Abyssea team for creating such delicious contents that are consumed fast by the consumers - leaving the rest of team having to work their asses off to keep up with the demand and can no longer do minimal updates. They probably trying to figure out how to stretch contents for 3 years, knowing that new expansion is coming in 2013 but pretty much consumers will have nothing much to do till end of 2013. Hence all these new events with super low drop rates, all based on luck, and ridiculous amount of items needed to complete the higher tier of magian weapons. Now they feel they can coast pretty easily and not really having to do much of anything while the rest of the players are back on the grindtastic of yesteryears.
    (1)

I think you have a strange misconception that "time-consuming" equals "difficult". None of the mobs that drop HMP are difficult. But getting 1500 drops from them takes forever. They've not introduced challenge to the game with this trial. They've introduced a mind-numbing repetitive time sink. It's not entertaining and like Maats cap in the old days, having a 95 Empy just means you spend too much time playing the game not that you are necessarily elite.
    (6)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast