Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Evasion set is one thing, but some Thieves go way, way too far with that. Whenever I see dual AGI Kila +2 (or even one for that matter), I just feel they're wasting their time and effort. Same goes for Ungur Boomerang. Even the best NMs in my TP set don't hit me for more than 50%, with just a few more items can lower that rate to a manageable degree, with an all out Evasion set (without top row) I have enough to floor it on any mob, in- or outside of Abyssea. And that much is rarely needed (never in my experience, but there's like two or three mobs I haven't tanked yet on THF).
    What's wrong with dual AGI Kilas +2? They are, hands down, the best pieces of evasion gear for THF and DNC. If I actually need evasion for something, these are the first pieces of gear I swap in. Instead of using one of my evasion sets, I much prefer to use one or two AGI Kilas +2 and keep on using my best TP gear and maximizing damage as best I can.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Kaidah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    We got DW2 sometime at 86-90
    Pretty sure we got DW1 at at 83
    (0)
    I don't Post i lurk

Quote Originally Posted by Kaida View Post
    Pretty sure we got DW1 at at 83
    He's saying, as a level 90 THF, we now also have Dual Wield II.

which means by 99 we might get Dual wield 3
    (0)

Character
    Kaidah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Oh i was meaning naturally so i can sub something else for a change and keep both daggers and it be worth a damn

Tho thinking about it i might be able to get it in gear.... i shall have to test and do some maths
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaida; 03-25-2011 at 05:56 AM.
    I don't Post i lurk

Character
    Clandestine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Things THF needs:

A+ rank dagger.
    Would not complain there.

B+ rank marksmanship
    EH, not sure our skill should be better than a COR. With Feint on a 2 minute timer, I can hit almost anything even without ranged accuracy gear on (aside from the +8 on Ziska's)

Reverse collaborator.
    Would be a bit interesting to have that to play with since helping with hate control seems to be a big direction SE wants to take our job.

SATA timers should be 30 seconds on main job THF instead of 60 seconds.
    As much fun as that might be, no. No other job gets the modifier bonuses we get with these abilities when they go /THF. Go out with a SAM friend and fight a Lesser Colibri. Let him do 1 SA hit and then you do 1 SA hit - odds are you just did more than double their dmg on the hit. Doing this more often would be broken - especially soloing against some things. Sleep Bolts make it so easy to do SA or SA + weapon skill on many, many things.

ACC bonus I through III (if DNC gets evasion bonus and our exclusive WS we should get ACC bonus)
    Yes to this.

A trait with increasing tiers that reduces delay when using dagger weapons similar to how Martial Arts works with hand to hand.
    I already have times when I do about 12 or 14 attacks before stopping (because Triple Attack or Double Attack trigger with Dual Wield from /NIN), so I'm going to say this idea might break us a bit.

Magic evasion trait.
    Agree with this.

Change Sneak Attack back to how it worked before 2004 (only needed to be out of the mob's cone of sight). Standing behind another player with Trick Attack active should also count as being "out of sight" for Sneak Attack.
    Like the idea of Sneak Attack to some extent. Being out of the line of sight, yes, but if a PLD Tarutaru is taking, my fat Galka butt can't possibly be hidden by a tiny Tarutaru.
    (0)
    "A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

Bruce Lee

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4