Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsasuke View Post
    (1) Y do people put soo much time into evasion gear for thf? maybes its cuz im not doing HNMs but in abyssea i tank jus fine with boxers and eva torque. Most the time i duo with a blm/whm only reason for /whm is Light triggers and maybe a cure on the rare occasions i need one. And if you are tryin to DD in a pty ditch the evasion get some dbl attk and trpl attk gear + RR and whatever two you feel like using i norm do RR GH and Apoc atma. and go but nuts. (2) And i dunno maybe mine is broken but when (3)" I " am the tank conspirator still hits me. And since when is hide a uselss solo ability? Steal/despoil sharing a timer though i have to agree annoys the hell outta me. And mug well it dont do too much in most cases neway so it never bother me. As far as dodge goes though i really only use it when im sack pulling, it doesnt ever get used besides that.
    Dividing posts isn't fun So I'm numbering each subject im addressing. I'm not doing it condescendingly, I only number it so its easier to read and understand What point I'm typing too ^^

1) People only focus on EVA gear when Tanking High-End NMs. Usually ones that your Average TP build won't cap EVA on. They don't really exist except for the new zones. For instance i usually need a Hybrid EVA set when I'm tanking that Cerb-Jerk who drops atheling Mantle (Claws bro, Claws ). So EVA set is obviously something you never want to full-time TP In, Most NMs i can safely Tank in my TP Set up XD, Its just really good to have an EVA set on hand for when you really need it rare as it may be. Also, RR/GH/Apoc rocks!

2) Hide is useless solo on 99% of mobs. It only works on 1 Specific Tracking type (Sight Onry), and does not work on any NMs (inside Abyssea) So While it is useful for a Solo SATA from the front on some mobs, or just SA > Hide > Kill, Its not completely useful on Every mob. In facts its got more mobs that it doesnt work on than it does sadly.

3) Conspirator will always give the message of you receiving the effect (Unless you have a certain NIN or WHM spell up), But if you're tanking, you -do not- receive the benefits. The icon will be there, But you will not get the Bonuses. Imagine it like Sneak Attack. Sure if you use Sneak Attack from the front the Icon will appear, But when you hit the mob it wont work. Conspirator works the same way, The icon is there but the effect does not work if you're tanking. Its not broken .
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Evasion set is one thing, but some Thieves go way, way too far with that. Whenever I see dual AGI Kila +2 (or even one for that matter), I just feel they're wasting their time and effort. Same goes for Ungur Boomerang. Even the best NMs in my TP set don't hit me for more than 50%, with just a few more items can lower that rate to a manageable degree, with an all out Evasion set (without top row) I have enough to floor it on any mob, in- or outside of Abyssea. And that much is rarely needed (never in my experience, but there's like two or three mobs I haven't tanked yet on THF).
    (0)

I would like to see a system for stealing and looting. Every time a thief complains about something it's usually their combat proficiency. It would be awesome to have steal subdivided into several different JA and more shinnies on mobs/treasure chests for us to take.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Stuff!
    Yea, Kila+2 may kind of seem like a waste of time, but i personally do still use one. I Just feel it allows me to use a better hybrid haste/evasion set without sacrificing as much or any haste. 9agi 20 evasion 43dmg and 190 delay isn't exactly a gimp dagger or anything in my book so if i can keep my Raiders vest +2 and Twilght belt on instead of a Scorpion harness +1 and a Scouter rope while tanking, i'll do it. I'm just using this as an example of what kind of trade off i can make.

You are right some super pimped out evasion set isn't technically needed especially when you're doing stuff with a group and you are in fact tanking.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaeoni; 03-23-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Evasion set is one thing, but some Thieves go way, way too far with that. Whenever I see dual AGI Kila +2 (or even one for that matter), I just feel they're wasting their time and effort. Same goes for Ungur Boomerang. Even the best NMs in my TP set don't hit me for more than 50%, with just a few more items can lower that rate to a manageable degree, with an all out Evasion set (without top row) I have enough to floor it on any mob, in- or outside of Abyssea. And that much is rarely needed (never in my experience, but there's like two or three mobs I haven't tanked yet on THF).
    Don't get me wrong, I agree like, 99%. Cause on most mobs i tank in abyssea, i can safely tank in my TP set lol...

I hate nothing more than seeing like, a level 90 THF tanking a Visions/Scars Lower-Tier NM in full on EVA and 0 DPS, its... overkill and its horribly inefficient.

I'd post my Hybrid EVA/DD Build i use as a "Testing the waters" Build against higher-Teir NMs... But its so confusing i think it might cause brain tumors :3

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    I would like to see a system for stealing and looting. Every time a thief complains about something it's usually their combat proficiency. It would be awesome to have steal subdivided into several different JA and more shinnies on mobs/treasure chests for us to take.
    My biggest peeve with Steal/Despoil is that It doesn't work on 99% of NMs. Which is stupid. Steal/Despoil should work on NMs.

I figure a way to get around this is, First off, Add Steal pools to NMs... It doesn't have to be SUPER AWESOME, just copy > Paste their families steal/Despoil pull... as i said in my first post i see no reason that i can't Despoil Buffalo horns off a Buffalo NM... Second Make Steal/Despoil do Damage (About that of a normal swing.) That way, Fail or Succeed, its not entirely useless.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-23-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Double post Meant to edit in a quote.
    (0)

I like the idea of mugging Cruor ^^ and while on the subject of mugging, why not make a trait allowing the higher cruor reward for pt members when a thf is in the pt? perhaps 20% would do
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Things THF needs:

A+ rank dagger.

B+ rank marksmanship

Reverse collaborator.

SATA timers should be 30 seconds on main job THF instead of 60 seconds.

ACC bonus I through III (if DNC gets evasion bonus and our exclusive WS we should get ACC bonus)

A trait with increasing tiers that reduces delay when using dagger weapons similar to how Martial Arts works with hand to hand.

Magic evasion trait.

Change Sneak Attack back to how it worked before 2004 (only needed to be out of the mob's cone of sight). Standing behind another player with Trick Attack active should also count as being "out of sight" for Sneak Attack.
    (1)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 03-24-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Character
    Kaidah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    More than DW1 >.> <.<
    (0)
    I don't Post i lurk

Character
    Opto
    World