Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Clandestine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    I used to be pissed about Conspirator because I was always tanking, but now I love it because it means the other guys are feeding the mob less TP to wtfpwnshot me.
    ^This. When I'm in a party, I use it as often as possible. It's a nice little bonus assistance for everyone who doesn't currently have main hate.
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I have not play the game in 6-7 months now, but I am thinking of coming back soon. When I left, the new cap was 80 and I did not see anything that impressed me about thf, even tho I do love the class. The ideas you have posted would give the class even more of a roll in a party, other then being a TH object....

With the new lvl cap and new things in the game, has the thf class become more easier and are there more people around who dont know how to play there jobs currently?
    (0)

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Making Mug 5mins as well as being a stun. Separate Steal and Despoil Timers, make perfect dodge a 15minute ability (i can count on one hand how many times i have used perfect dodge in the past 6 months, it rhymes with hero and starts with a Z), Give thief a 2hr that Boosts Drop rate by 50%. BAM, broken job is broken.

I could handle just mug and steal timers being the only adjustments to be honest, would make me pretty happy.

@TheGreatMonkey
    All jobs have become a lot more accessible since Abyssea. Sure Thief is loved as a Treasure hunter "object" as you may call it but any good thief Is worth the weight of a party slot. But the job is what you make of it and take from it. You're only an Object if you choose to be. Thief offers quite a bit.
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    @Kaenoi
    I just hated all the people who only would invite you to partys because of TH. When I was playing, I would play my job to the fullest. One of the things were being a DD and a lot of times stealing hate from the tank and holding it til the end (most of the time I could not use TA because people would move when I active the skill).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    I used to be pissed about Conspirator because I was always tanking, but now I love it because it means the other guys are feeding the mob less TP to wtfpwnshot me.
    I spend 90% of my time in abyssea either as THF low-manning with a BLM, a RDM(Or DRK, he's useless :P), and a WHM. Most of them (Aside from when the one comes DRK) really don't benefit from added acc or Subtle Blow.

if i recall SB Does effect the tp Gained from Spells (?), But generally thats only good for 1-2 Spells at best =.=

So its completely useless for me , But i understand these days that for some people its useful. It still irks me it doesn't effect the Tank. I mean, on the SAME update, Monk gets an ability that raises Attack and Critical hit rate per-hit. and WAR got an AoE Critical Hit damage boost, both of those Abilities give relevant and useful stats. while THF gets an Ability that has a Nerf (Tank doesnt get) and gives Quite frankly the most useless stat in the game right now (Accuracy, cause we all cap it, always, except for maybe Stupid Pony), and Subtle Blow (Useful in high doses!)

But Eh.

<Almost forgot, Other 10% of the time in abyssea I'm on another job >
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatmonkey View Post
    @Kaenoi
    I just hated all the people who only would invite you to partys because of TH. When I was playing, I would play my job to the fullest. One of the things were being a DD and a lot of times stealing hate from the tank and holding it til the end (most of the time I could not use TA because people would move when I active the skill).
    When you come back (yes I say when because you are here. The thought has already been incepted into your brain. 4 levels down) You'd do well to get yourself the best evasion set you can and an eva+ trial dagger. You talk of stealing hate from the tank. Now, you ARE the tank the vast majority of the time. Yes, people still love you for your TH, but with the correct Atma, you are easily placed at the very top of the DD pool. It's quite impressive actually.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    SE is trying too hard to make THF a utility job. Forgive me if I'm being selfish but can I have a JA that benefits just me? Not something that steals someones hate or increases every ones stats but mine? How about a JA that shares SAs timer, doesn't stack with TA, transfers no hate, but works from the front. I would be happy forever with just this.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatmonkey View Post
    @Kaenoi
    Yea i understand what you mean =/. I also remember melee running from my TA as well... they still try to! sometimes.. haha But like Delvish said, things have changed.

@Karbuncle agreed, simply just agreed lol.

@Insaniac
    With all these shared timers and shared JA's i'm anticipating the SA and TA shared timer update. Just thinking about job restriction timers gets me all warm and tingly.
    (0)

Character
    Lordtrey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeoni View Post
    Yea i understand what you mean =/. I also remember melee running from my TA as well... they still try to! sometimes.. haha But like Delvish said, things have changed.
    This is why I love retaliation so much. WARs never run anymore!
    (0)

Player
    Y do people put soo much time into evasion gear for thf? maybes its cuz im not doing HNMs but in abyssea i tank jus fine with boxers and eva torque. Most the time i duo with a blm/whm only reason for /whm is Light triggers and maybe a cure on the rare occasions i need one. And if you are tryin to DD in a pty ditch the evasion get some dbl attk and trpl attk gear + RR and whatever 2 you feel like using i norm do RR GH and Apoc atma. and go but nuts. And i dunno maybe mine is broken but when " I " am the tank conspirator still hits me. And since when is hide a uselss solo ability? Steal/despoil sharing a timer though i have to agree annoys the hell outta me. And mug well it dont do too much in most cases neway so it never bother me. As far as dodge goes though i really only use it when im sack pulling, it doesnt ever get used besides that.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast