Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

[Suggestion] 75% of VWNMs shouldn't drop just Mirrors, Sand & Petrifacts

After a few hours of shouting and not getting any bites for certain Voidwatch NMs people would rather not do anymore, I needed to find an excuse to make a rant about Incentives to fight a bigger variety of Voidwatch NMs than people are currently killing. There needs to be an incentive to keep doing all these other fights. We the playerbase don't repeatedly kill difficult voidwatch NMs once they don't offer anything else. So, here are my suggestions...

1. Make Single Heavy Metal Plates drop from Jeuno Tier 1-2 NMs. Most players need to get these out of the way to do any sort of high-end voidwatch content at all, so why not put in at least a Heavy Metal Plate on the NMs that need to be cleared in this path as a reward for those who want to help out? I mean, they're not Qilins, but...as long as it gets players moving along. Have a Tier 4 San d'Oria/Bastok/Windurst VWNM drop a single Heavy Metal Plate as well. I mean, why not?

2. Jeuno Tier 3 NMs (Pil, Kaggen, Akvan) should drop Heavy Metal Pouches. Any serious mage would want to get their hands on a Heka's Body. On my server, I, like most people i'm sure, usually see more Kaggen and Pil runs going on than there are for Akvan. Devs, do us a favor and just add Heavy Metal Pouches to these three NMs! There's gotta be something for everyone if anyone hopes to progress in Voidwatch. The reason that the final Zilart VWNMs are so sought after, are the chance of getting these pouches, so what would it hurt to have 3 more VWNMs drop more of these pouches?

3. Jeuno Part II. We have some of the same issues here as well. NM Tiers 4-5 should really just drop Heavy Metal Plate singles. From what we've seen, Ig-Alima and Botulus Rex are the only NMs that drop Riftdross and Riftcinder for the final Empyrean Weapon Upgrades. Why is this? Why not have Gaunab, Kalasutrax and Ocythoe drop these as well? I feel like I have to beg anyone I know, just to start a Gaunab shout, because of some of the assumed difficulties those 3 VWNMs have. They mainly just want to get them out of the way so they can get access to Provenance. Speaking of Provenance...

4. ...Why don't the Provenance fights offer Cruor after each battle? Is it because there's a problem with adding Cruor reward at the Glimmering Troves? I found this to be odd.

And before the Dev Team starts assuming this is about making Empyrean Weapon upgrades easier...it has nothing to do with that. I'm simply saying that us players need more options to build their empyrean weapons from, as well put more Plates, Riftcinder and Riftdross into circulation. And hopefully take anyone along who still needs gear from the variety of NMs that are offered to us, but are not taken seriously because of the assumed stigmas put on them! As they are, 75% of all the VWNMs in this game are ignored and people wishing for gear from them are left to the dust.

Trust me when I say this will not devalue the NMs that have all this upgrade item exclusivity. Oh, and maybe we the players will have something else to look forward to instead of just more junk filling up our treasure chests battle after battle. Key word: Incentive. It makes the Vana'Diel go 'round and 'round.
    (28)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 08-07-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    VWNMs don't drop mirror and sand, they drop logs and ores. What game are you playing?
    (11)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    think the main problem is that the only the first slot for VWNM rewards have a chance to load plates, weapons, armor, etc. anything rare that the boss can drop can only load in the first slot, so Cobalt Cells are worthless, people would do VWNM alot more often if the pulse item or Rift Cinder etc. could load in any of the slots. and i dont see the difference of getting a Lux or Fajin boots 6 fights in a row and the chance to get 4 at the same time. atleast thats x4 the chance to get pouches. also since you need 3k of them anyways not like change it is going to break the game. and now that they added the Pulse cells, if you do get more than 1 of the pulse items you can turn the rest to cells for other people.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    think the main problem is that the only the first slot for VWNM rewards have a chance to load plates, weapons, armor, etc. anything rare that the boss can drop can only load in the first slot, so Cobalt Cells are worthless, people would do VWNM alot more often if the pulse item or Rift Cinder etc. could load in any of the slots. and i dont see the difference of getting a Lux or Fajin boots 6 fights in a row and the chance to get 4 at the same time. atleast thats x4 the chance to get pouches. also since you need 3k of them anyways not like change it is going to break the game. and now that they added the Pulse cells, if you do get more than 1 of the pulse items you can turn the rest to cells for other people.
    You don't have to have the R/EX anymore for you to cell it. However I agree, junk slots are pointless and very badly need fixed.
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The rare crafting materials, scrolls, and riftsand/mirrors should occupy the junk slots with crystal petrifacts. They should not load in the rare item slot.
    (10)

Strongly agree with this post. I got onto the VW bandwagon late due to wanting to work on Empyrean weapons and having limited playtime. Now I find its very hard to progress as most shouts are only for the NM's that drop good stuff. Many times I've been involved trying to get a T2 Jeuno run going only to have it break apart as only 8 people seem interested at any given time.

This unfortunately tends to happen with a lot of content in FFXI where if you don't jump on doing it early it gets very hard to progress. VW is especially bad since a) for most of the fights the drops are crap and b) you typically need a good alliance to progress even with displacers

Anoher thing I might suggest is that you should get credit for fights you did out of order. So as long as you've killed a monster once you don't have to go back and kill it again. That way you could at least knock out fights while you are waiting for that enigmatic cities climb or T1-2 Jeuno climb.
    (10)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco View Post
    VWNMs don't drop mirror and sand, they drop logs and ores. What game are you playing?
    Obviously a game where people waste time saying VWNM instead of VW, since there was never any mention of the term notorious monster in the system at all.

On the topic note, petrifacts shouldn't drop from any VW ever. No one dose teh finale enough for it to matter, especialy since you gain the entry item over time anyway.
    (3)

Player
    Should just add plates/junk/magian-items drops to folks using no stone as incentive to assist, and let stones be the requirement for the ra/ex stuff to drop.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Should just add plates/junk/magian-items drops to folks using no stone as incentive to assist, and let stones be the requirement for the ra/ex stuff to drop.
    OMG! Geodes! Put geodes as VW drops!
    (4)

Player
    3. Jeuno Part II. We have some of the same issues here as well. NM Tiers 4-5 should really just drop Heavy Metal Plate singles. From what we've seen, Ig-Alima and Botulus Rex are the only NMs that drop Riftdross and Riftcinder for the final Empyrean Weapon Upgrades. Why is this? Why not have Gaunab, Kalasutrax and Ocythoe drop these as well? I feel like I have to beg anyone I know, just to start a Gaunab shout, because of some of the assumed difficulties those 3 VWNMs have. They mainly just want to get them out of the way so they can get access to Provenance. Speaking of Provenance...

4. ...Why don't the Provenance fights offer Cruor after each battle? Is it because there's a problem with adding Cruor reward at the Glimmering Troves? I found this to be odd.
    They probably made Ig-Alima and Botulus *extra* battles that aren't required since they're supposed to be harder than the other T6. Because they're harder and not required they figured it'd be good to make those used for the 99 upgrade items just like how ADL/PW aren't required battles for anything but are killed for 99 upgrade items.

Provenance battles do not drop cruor because cruor is used to buy petrifact KIs. SE doesn't usually like to let you be rewarded with something that you used to gain entrance too, with very few exceptions. It would be like Salvage giving you Assault Points.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast