Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinya_of_Carbuncle View Post
    I disagree. It's not that players got better at the game, it's that player *characters* got stronger relative to monsters. Merits, more and better gear, and now atmas have reduced monsters to pathetic levels of powerlessness by comparison. The balance of the game has been going out of whack since ToAU -- not just between one job and another, but between players and mobs. No mob since ToAU, except *maybe* PW, has been as challenging as the hard CoP and earlier mobs.

It's one thing for exp to get faster or easier, but when NM fights start doing the same, there is not much left of the game other than low drop rates and farming another pop set/200k cruor.

It's all been downhill since the first colibri showed up.
    Take us back to pre abyssea and with what we know now. PLD tanking would not have been effective as other jobs tanking.
    Until the way enmity is gained/lost pld tanking will not be more effective.
    (0)

Player
    DD tanks were already being used at 75 over Paladin, it wasn't just level cap being raised that resulted in Paladin becoming redundant.
    (0)

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Proliferation of vital information and practical strategies made it more common for alternate job tanks to take the stage, but it has existed for a very long time.
    (0)

Character
    Clandestine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    No what I meant is Enmity Dose is what makes BLM a better single nuker than SCH currently. BLM does 10k damage and grabs hate then does Enmity Dose so they can do another 10k. SCH does say 15k(with lower enmity generated effect on) and PLD uses Intercession on the SCH and the SCH can do another 15k beating the BLM's damage. Essentially this JA makes Enmity Dose pointless with a PLD in the group.
    Well it would be more there just in case or situational. I mean, the BLM isn't the only 1 capable of pulling crazy hate.

Ah I see what you meant now, though your reason for wanting it is flawed IMO, if I'm tanking there is usually a RDM who will land Slow2 giving me plenty of time to cure myself. Even if the mob is immune to Slow it usually has an attack pattern that still allows for curing. Also not curing means you're bleeding hate without recouping it even at a lower rate its still being bled without recouping it besides melee swings.
    Then they could just make it so with the shield up, Enmity doesn't decrease. I'm aware of possible timing and all, but I've been in enough situations where I get screwed by starting a cast and then nailed with a stun TP move or just a TP move that interrupts. Also, if we're taking reduced damage, we shouldn't be needing much in the way of cures from others.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3