Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah...an extra WS (100% DMG boost) or half of a WS (50% DMG boost) would be a mighty underwhelming 2 hour to say the least.

But I would suspect that the developers view the enmity transfer property of this ability to be the primary feature, with a secondary nod to damage.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    Yeah...an extra WS (100% DMG boost) or half of a WS (50% DMG boost) would be a mighty underwhelming 2 hour to say the least.

But I would suspect that the developers view the enmity transfer property of this ability to be the primary feature, with a secondary nod to damage.
    And if it stacks with TA, the enmity transfer is completely irrelevant.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    And if it stacks with TA, the enmity transfer is completely irrelevant.
    Not true... Unless you're misunderstanding how TA and the new JA Works...

Trick Attack Transfers the Enmity from the Trick Attack'd hit to the Player inbetween. Just that Hit.(Or WS)
    The New JA Transfers all(Most?) Of the THF's Current Enmity to said player.

So its two different things essentially.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    But unless SE change the way enmity works, the person you're giving all your hate to will already be capping hate anyway so it will essentially have no effect. I think thats what Bebekeke was referring to.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So theoretically, if SATABA ("SATABA!!!!!!!") effects do stack, the attack would transfer accumulated enmity from the THF as well as the enmity from the damage dealt. Maybe thats what bamboozle will do by itself?

Which....I am have a hard time seeing a use for.

PLD Tanked fights...eh. Few and far between but lets just say you find yourself in one. You want Mr THF to pland a hate staple? But at the bginning of a fight, before all your DD's are hate capped (at which point the enmity properties of both this ability and trick attack become useless), Mr THF has no enmity to transfer.

-So it just becomes another trick attack. And is useless mid fight because, by the time MR THF has any kind of meaningful enmity to transfer, Mr Tank has already capped hate. "But accomplice and damage...and stuff?" Yeah, you are chillin in the mage party, who are you kidding?

Zerg fights.....I don't know. Yes it deals damage, but in the face of a possible Perfect Defense nerf, or non PD type zergs.....lets say BA actually does a lot of damage and plants a significant hate staple ala SATAVB circa 2004. Whichever sucker DD you just "bamboozled"....lol...has hate until everyone else reaches the cap. That creates the very real possibility that MR sucker DD is taking a dirt nap on tougher foes.

-And you thought people jumped out of the way for trick attack?

So yeah, an ability like this only really seems useful for the start of tanked fights...except that tanked fights don't happen.

The enmity transfer property of this ability seems useless for that application. Also, maybe it's just me, but from the description, it does not seem clear whether Bamboozle will transfer enmity from the damage itself, or just the THFs accumulated enmity only...or will it be both? Trick Attack with a THF enmity transfer kicker?

If they are going to give us an ability like this, I'd rather they forget the enmity transfer.

Instead, have it deal its sever damage, grant TP, reset SATA timers, combine with SATA and remove positional/party member requirements from SATA for that attack. That way you could use it for a relevant damage spike...like we used to love to do, and have the option to condemn some poor sucker to death .....or not, in faster paced fights.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 09-27-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Not true... Unless you're misunderstanding how TA and the new JA Works...

Trick Attack Transfers the Enmity from the Trick Attack'd hit to the Player inbetween. Just that Hit.(Or WS)
    The New JA Transfers all(Most?) Of the THF's Current Enmity to said player.

So its two different things essentially.
    I obviously know how TA works, but so far hadn't seen anything on how Bamboozle works (is it even on the test server yet? I didn't see them announce it being on there) and the description isn't particularly clear.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I obviously know how TA works, but so far hadn't seen anything on how Bamboozle works (is it even on the test server yet? I didn't see them announce it being on there) and the description isn't particularly clear.
    It says it transfers all your hate (not just the hate from that specific attack). Which means that it will be useful right around the time when BST gets that Treasure Hunter + gear that they were waiting for. Never.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    It says it transfers all your hate (not just the hate from that specific attack). Which means that it will be useful right around the time when BST gets that Treasure Hunter + gear that they were waiting for. Never.
    No it doesn't say that, that's how you are interpreting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    Thief | Bamboozle | Deals severe damage and transfers your enmity to the party member in front of you.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Maybe he just missed it, but I said this in the 2 hour thread when people were debating how it worked:
    That would kick ass, but I'm 99% sure it's just going to be a more powerful trick attack, that will transfer all your enmity (not just the enmity from that hit).
    I then asked for clarification and Camate said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Finally, in regards to a question about thief’s ability:

Can we get some clarification on the THF ability while your at it? Is it a duration effect? or a one shot move?
    The major damage dealt will be a single attack. You can kind of think of it as the way Sneak Attack is used.
    I probably should have directly asked if it actually meant all enmity, but I didn't actually think they would respond. I'm just assuming that since he didn't correct me, that that part was correct. You could be correct, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Either way, it won't be a good 2-hour unless they add more to it or change it completely. Thief used to be able to plant hate on the tank without using a 2-hour ability. It would be pretty lame if our new 2-hour gave us the ability to do what we used to do with just SATA.
    (0)

No it doesn't say that, that's how you are interpreting it.
    Its actually been translated from other sections, as well as i believe changed a few times in wording on our lovely NA boards, And you can check... Somewhere, Not doing the legwork myself as i'm already quite certain as to how the ability will work... But it says "Transfers Your Enmity"/"Transfer all of your Enmity".

Then again, If I'm wrong and it is Trick Attack With a longer timer, I'll be the first to say, Okay i was wrong and who on the Dev team do i send my generous thank you too for this gracious ability.

But yah, Its pretty... cleary... Thats its going to Transfer most if not all of the Thief's Current enmity to the player inbetween.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast