World: Asura
    Main Job: BLU, Lv.99
    Support Job: WAR
    Area and Coordinates: Any zone with multiple maps
    Party or Solo: Both
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:

There are two quirks with the Change Map feature introduced recently that I've come to notice, I'll detail both.

Bug #1 - Hitting "Current Area" in zones that are not listed in the map list will cause the game to exit the map viewer.

Steps
    1) Enter any zone that has a map not listed on the "Change Map" list, such as the Salvage Remnant zones, Abdhaljs Isle-Purogonorgo, Diorama Abdhaljs-Ghelsba, the Assault zones (Periqia, Lebros, etc)
    2) Open map
    3) Select Change Map
    4) Select Current Area (doesn't matter if you changed to another map or not, still does the same thing)

Bug #2 - In some instances, if you're in a zone with multiple maps, such as Garlaige Citadel, and you change map to view a party member's marker on another map within the same zone, the game will try to approximate your position on that map also.

Steps
    1) Enter a zone with multiple maps
    2) Have someone in your group go off to another map within the zone
    3) Use the change map function to switch to that map that they are now occupying
    4) Go over to the player markers
    5) The issue may or may not present itself. It works in some instances (particularly if you're all on the same ground level), and not on others.

I've taken a couple pictures of this particular quirk happening also for better understanding.

Example #1

I and 'Hotin' were in Eldieme Necropolis, on map 2 near the primary entrance from Batallia Downs. The rest of the group was on map 3. You can see I and 'Hotin' appear to be floating in space according to the map, although that's not the actual case. We were just a floor above where the map is showing us.

Example #2

Garlaige Citadel, Drajiel is at Map 1 entrance, and I'm sitting near the map 2 exit to Sauromugue Champaign,

If the two maps were stitched together, it'd be accurate in where its showing me at, as this 10 second job in Photoshop demonstrates

Example #3

Me on map 6 in Outer Horututo, Drajiel on map 1.

That's all I've tested so far, and hopefully that's more than enough information to go off of if this warrants a bug submission to the developers.

If I could just add a little note: It's a real pain to switch between the maps in the currently viewed zone, it'd be lovely if that were addressed, such as having the "Current Area" function list the maps for that given area also, rather than just taking you to where you're currently standing.
    (0)

Hello!

I'll go ahead and submit your information for further testing. Any changes, news or updates regarding this matter will either be made directly to this post, or on www.PlayOnline.com and official FFXI forums. Thank you again!

SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)