Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Player Sapphires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    130
    Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyberty View Post
    Im "almost" regreting the decision to make gandiva lol if it wasnt for this love I have for bows I would only stick with arma... But oh well now I see that i will have to experiment the merit swaps and see what fits me better^^ I really appreciate the inputs
    I have an armageddon and gandiva and also 5/5 Last Stand merited, i would say stick with 12str and 12agi.
    Unless you do alot of stuff outside abyssea with a gandiva and love the bow to death stick with 12str 12agi for the time being. As long as you have 12str merited the other 12 points arent going to really break you if you go 12agi, 6dex 6agi or 12dex
    (1)

  2. #22
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    I have an armageddon and gandiva and also 5/5 Last Stand merited, i would say stick with 12str and 12agi.
    Unless you do alot of stuff outside abyssea with a gandiva and love the bow to death stick with 12str 12agi for the time being. As long as you have 12str merited the other 12 points arent going to really break you if you go 12agi, 6dex 6agi or 12dex
    DEX benefits your melee job more though. So it really depend on what other jobs you play.
    (1)

  3. #23
    Player Spiritreaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    There is another aspect to this. Dex still affects your crit rate on regular ranged attacks. AGI affects R Acc on regular ranged attacks, so if you easily have enough r acc for TPing, your agi merits are wasted during this phase when you could be getting extra damage from crits. Alternatively, if you take 12 agi merits, swap out a piece of gear that you previously needed for racc, and stick something else in there instead (R att, STR or DEX).

    Lastly, remember that merits are so easy to come by, you can experiment^^
    Again, i'm way after the fact. just wanted to link this test i saw over on Alla

    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...08186510825877
    (0)

  4. #24
    Player Mayoyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst!
    Posts
    338
    Character
    Mayoyama
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Its amuzing how everyone is so gun-ho about " must 12/12 str".. and yet over on the race discussion thread all the non-taru are saying how the 11 str penalty taru has compared to galka is "negligible"
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

    It is then that I know achievement.

  5. #25
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    Its amuzing how everyone is so gun-ho about " must 12/12 str".. and yet over on the race discussion thread all the non-taru are saying how the 11 str penalty taru has compared to galka is "negligible"

    Because choosing to merit something else is literally pointless, but in the case of the race, you picked taru knowing your STR will be behind already(so if you want STR, why do you still pick tarus), and taru has other stats that's higher than galka. It's completely different case tbh.
    (0)

  6. #26
    Player Arcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,753
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    Its amuzing how everyone is so gun-ho about " must 12/12 str".. and yet over on the race discussion thread all the non-taru are saying how the 11 str penalty taru has compared to galka is "negligible"
    Because you choose a race first and are stuck with it. There's no way around the 11 STR penalty, and it isn't enough to register a large enough difference (neither are merits). With merits on the other hand, you have a choice, and you can choose what's best, regardless of how little it will help.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

  7. #27
    Player Mayoyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst!
    Posts
    338
    Character
    Mayoyama
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Because choosing to merit something else is literally pointless, but in the case of the race, you picked taru knowing your STR will be behind already(so if you want STR, why do you still pick tarus), and taru has other stats that's higher than galka. It's completely different case tbh.
    FFXI being my 1st MMO... I had no idea about race penalties when I chose to be taru (other than that they look so fun!). I always liked mages.. and the character creation said taru made good mages, so therefore I made a taru blm from windy.

    And.. knowing what I know now... if I ever re-rolled I would still do taru.. coz taru animations are so cool :P

    I would take a hit to some str anyday over galka's puny MP pool lol
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

    It is then that I know achievement.

  8. #28
    Player Mirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Then what's the problem?
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3