Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i was thinking when using a multihit as an offhand (which in your next post indicates that one shouldn't use a multi-hit as offhand)
    Using a multihit in the offhand, despite the increased TP gain, will deal much, much less damage overall than using a powerful, single-hit weapon in the offhand. This is especially true inside Abyssea where you have high native TA/DA traits from Atmas, but it is still true outside. The poor weapon rank of multihit weapons caps their fStr extremely low, and makes them nigh-worthless.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i was thinking when using a multihit as an offhand (which in your next post indicates that one shouldn't use a multi-hit as offhand)
    Even when you do use a multi hit as an offhand, how would you lose damage?

Let's say you have a Kanaggi and a multihit weapon that averages 3 hits per attack round.

10 attack rounds

Kanaggi - 10 hits
    Multihit - 30 hits.

Now, 30% ODD rate and only procs on Kanaggi

10 x (.3) = 3 hits that have double damage Kanaggi
    30 x 0 = 0 hits that have double damage for Multi hit

Now, 30% ODD rate that procs on both weapons
    10 x (.3) = 3 hits that have double damage on Kanaggi
    30 x (.3) = 9 hits that have double damage on Kanaggi

Both instances have the exact same number of Kanaggi strikes to deal double damage. The only diff is if that it procced on both, you get 9 hits of your multihit that get double damage.

How on earth is this lowering your damage?
    (0)

I think they're mistakenly referring to lowering the percentage of ODD procs in a sample which includes both main hand and offhand hits while using a multihit weapon. The number of ODD procs doesn't change, the ODD proc rate doesn't change, there are just more non-ODD'd attacks in their sample because it is inherently flawed. It's a fairly common mistake as far as the boards are concerned.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    for some reason i was thinking that the offhand weapon would hog all the procs and reduce the ones on the mainhand.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Nah. The best way to measure how the offhand weapon affects your mainhand attack rate is to see how your overall delay is altered. For instance, changing from Kannagi/Kamome to Kannagi/Sekka +2 results in a delay change from 400 to 411 results in a 2.68% decrease in attack speed and thus a 2.68% difference in mainhand attack speed.
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    changing from Kannagi/Kamome to Kannagi/Sekka +2 results in a delay change from 400 to 411
    /nitpick sorry. It's actually 390 to 411.

And you should know that!
    (0)
    Last edited by Faule; 03-19-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

7. 03-19-2011 10:05 AM

Character
    Vyvian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Don't all of the top class hand-to-hand weapons have a similar restriction? Spharai can only get a triple proc on the main-hand (and even better, only the first punch of the main hand). I'm pretty sure I heard Glanzfaust only gets the Occasionally Attacks Twice procs on main hand, and now Verethragna only gets ODD on offhand. It seems odd that they'd do offhand, since the other weapons were main.
    (0)

I'm not here for the other top class hand-to-hand weapons. I'm barely even here for other monks with my weapon. I'm going to start a campaign to see that we can occ. deal double damage on both fists when using my Verethragna. It seems odd that they'd gimp my damage at all; mnk> the lesser dual wielding damage dealers. (The previous text is a satire[this note was added as a stop gap for random responses directly responding to this attempt at humor].)

It's odd to see that when it comes down to it that Monk is treated like it has dual wield. I thought we were special. Our hard punches, high HP, ability to counter, ease of reaching the haste cap, atmas that directly cater to our strengths, and assortment of new job abilities which have made us become the #1 bandwagon job in the game over the past few updates simply aren't enough. I needs my double damage!! That'll give me a real edge.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4