Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

The Flame Geode Thread...... Again.

So current market value of flame geode is 70,000 gil, which would mean for the 55 you need for a weapon trial, would cost you 3,850,000 gil. This of course is exasperated by the nearly non-existant fire weather.

Now people will say, "but you get flame geode while doing the trial" or "you can farm them on firesday no problem, I get tons of them everytime."

In completing all of the kill trials for a fire based weapon I had to defeat a total of 1175 monsters. I did all of these kills on firesday, reinterating the utter lack of apropriate weather. After the 1175 kills I had gained 5, yes five, flame geodes and 6 ifritites.

What aplies to nearly all geodes is that their corresponding "ite" is very common, whereas the geode is quite rare. I have a simple proposition. Have a synthesis in where you can turn "ites" into geodes and perhaps in vise versa.
    (38)

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Or don't kill monsters high enough level to drop ites?

Is it level 75 mobs have to be to drop ites? Not 100% sure but it's something like that.
    You get xp from mobs from 57 or above at 99 I believe?
    So there's nearly 20 levels to be playing with to make only geodes drop and take the ites out of the question.

I'm only posting this in reply because over the last two days leeching an alt on a Cauldron page, I have had 8 Flame Geodes drop. Yes actually 8.
    6 yesterday when it was July/August in game. And got a reasonable amount of fire weather.
    And 2 more today when it's autumn/fall? time in game. One when I got literally 3 mins of fire weather. And one on fireday.
    (2)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Whereas if it was breeze geodes, you would have had 20 in those 2 days. Soil over 40.
    Flame is extremely lacking.
    (12)

Flame geodes are pretty cheap, I should come to your server, buy them all and NPC them for lulz, then post a SS in this thread.
    (3)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Flame geodes are pretty cheap, I should come to your server, buy them all and NPC them for lulz, then post a SS in this thread.
    Snow = 1k
    Aqua = 1k
    Shadow = 1k
    Thunder = 5k
    Light = 10k
    Soil=10k
    Breeze = 15k
    Flame = 85k

You don't see the problem here?
    (14)

Quote Originally Posted by Frankbrodie View Post
    Or don't kill monsters high enough level to drop ites?

Is it level 75 mobs have to be to drop ites? Not 100% sure but it's something like that.
    You get xp from mobs from 57 or above at 99 I believe?
    So there's nearly 20 levels to be playing with to make only geodes drop and take the ites out of the question.

I'm only posting this in reply because over the last two days leeching an alt on a Cauldron page, I have had 8 Flame Geodes drop. Yes actually 8.
    6 yesterday when it was July/August in game. And got a reasonable amount of fire weather.
    And 2 more today when it's autumn/fall? time in game. One when I got literally 3 mins of fire weather. And one on fireday.
    I farmed the vast majority of what I still needed for my 4 fire weapons in QSC after getting to these end stages (I got roughly a full stack doing the earlier trials) by following day/weather patterns and doing the spider/antican pages. It did take a few weeks, but wasn't much else going on in the shell as so many were taking a break and all. Think I may have bought around 20 or so here and there whan I was able to catch the undercutters that listed them for 10k or less for quick sell. Also went back there about a month or two back to farm about 18-20 more for an LS mate, who also still needed soils. Granted, it's not as easy as nabbing the Wind, Thunder, or Earth ones...but it is doable if you are able to catch the days and some in-season weather cycles.

If they would just tweak the freaking drop rates for them in general (like, remove the cool down timer), it could make farming more productive (both by day as well as with weather). That should have a substantial impact on the market's price gouging.
    (2)
    Last edited by RAIST; 08-05-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Breeze geodes are 20k here, but you can find stacks of those.
    (1)

Character
    Gippo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    While I agree with the majority of what the OP says, making it possible to craft/desynth ites to geodes and vice versa wont fix anything because since smithers will want to make money, they will resell geodes for a slightly higher price than they buy the ifritites, which would mean you're still depending on AH mechanics to finish a trial. and that would be bullshit.

Just increase the frequency of fire weather or adjust drop rates all together, whichever is easiest
    (2)

Why not just make it so Geodes and -Ites don't share the same drop pool and an Enemy, Regardless of Level, can drop both?

Problem solved in quite a few ways.
    (16)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This might have been mentioned, but I basically just skimmed the page.
    One thing I noticed, that relates to this topic, is that weather seems to trump the day for geode and -ite drops. So even if you go out on Firesday to kill 'Monster X', if it's dusty weather, you're going to get earth geodes.

I'm not basing that on anything other than observation, so I know it's a weak point. But if my observation is true, then it's another thing to deal with. Quick answer would be go to abyssea, cause there's no weather, but then the monsters are generally too high and drop more -ite's than geodes.

I was lucky when I was doing my trials, I had just always lotted geodes and squirreled them away, and by the time I needed them they were only 30k ea. and I only needed to supplement my trial with a handful. I'd liek to screw around with another Str weapon or two, but it's extremely cost prohibitive.

In short, I do agree, there needs to be a way to up the supply of Fire Geodes in some way.

Craft Crystals to Geodes, or -ites to Geodes, or just a much higher drop rate for that particular geode based on the frequency(lack thereof) of the weather.
    (4)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast