Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Howdy,

Sorry I would like to correct what was posted slightly (edited previous post, was my error!). It is not that case that light and dark weather are rarer than fire weather, but it is the case that they are rare weather occurrences as well, yet the prices for those respective geodes are not expensive like that of Flame Geodes.

Also, as noted in the thread already, geodes also drop on the respective elemental day and the chance for them to drop on each day is balanced.

With that said, please continue to give your feedback and we will be sure to pass it on. Sorry for the mix up!
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Fire is actually quite common when it is in season. Start watching for it late this week, as it is currently May on the game calendar.

Those charts and the reporting at that ffx11info site are not using a complete data set...this has been brought up before in previous threads. You can spot some of the discrepencies yourself if you compare the data in the charts at that site--one shows weather when the other does not, and vice verce. It has also been forecast by NPC/Moogle's Almanac and found in game in time slots not represented at that site (it periodically drops complete zones from it's reporting, and goes through phases of no reporting at all).
    (2)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

As mentioned, the price of Flame Geodes is comparatively quite high due to its popularity for creating items such as Flame Gems/Pyrosoul Rings and completing Magian Trials.

Looking at weather frequency versus cost, dark and light weather is also rare, yet the price of these geodes are not very expensive. Also, there isn't a difference between the rate of obtaining Snow and Flame geodes that would cause a difference of 80x the cost.

With that said, increasing the drop rate for these would only be for convenience purposes. If you have any specific examples as to how Flame Geodes drop rates are not balanced versus other elements, please let us know and we can submit them for consideration.
    Make fire weather more common.
    Add fire feather to more areas.
    Seriously.
    (17)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Howdy,

Sorry I would like to correct what was posted slightly (edited previous post, was my error!). It is not that case that light and dark weather are rarer than fire weather, but it is the case that they are rare weather occurrences as well, yet the prices for those respective geodes are not expensive like that of Flame Geodes.

Also, as noted in the thread already, geodes also drop on the respective elemental day and the chance for them to drop on each day is balanced.

With that said, please continue to give your feedback and we will be sure to pass it on. Sorry for the mix up!
    I see that you are coming from a dev standpoint on "working as intended."

But as a FFXI gamer yourself, you know there's something jacked up with 70-90k Flame Geodes.

No one cares about MP+/HP+/CHR Gear like they do STR Gear.
    (4)

Howdy,

Well, the problem is that over half the jobs in the game (every job that relies on physical damage, ranged or not) can benefit from a fire weapon in one way or another, while only very few benefit from light/shadow weapons.

Light trial weapons are mostly just done for cure potency staves, but light weather is always active in Nyzul and you recently revived Nyzul activity. That could explain the higher supply of light geodes relative to fire geodes.

As for dark weather, not a lot of people are making dark path staves. I would guess that it's more or less only summoners who make them for fenrir/diabolos, but the summoners who bother with making dark staves also often make staves for the other elements as well, therefore these don't skew the demand from one element to another as significantly as the 13(14 incl blue mage) physical DD jobs in the game.

Additionally, the elemental stave paths are easily shared between some of the mage jobs. Someone who is BLM, WHM and SCH can use the same staves for all three jobs. Someone who is DRG, WAR and DRK needs a polearm, greataxe and greatsword (maybe a scythe too), and there's a big chance they'll all be fire path. As you can see, gearing three melee jobs with a "good" nonempy weapon demands (15+40)*3 flame geodes. Gearing the three listed mages requires 15+40 light and 15-40 shadow geodes.

As for the rest of the elements, earth, water, wind, lightning and ice are all relatively common.

I think that a decent way to "solve" this would be for example to let fire weather show up more often in for example ifrit's cauldron. I know this zone is linked to the jungle region, but seriously, at certain points in ifrit's cauldron, you're staring straight into red-glowing lava. It would make complete sense to just detach Ifrit's cauldron from the region it is in, (weather-wise), and let it have fire weather a lot more often than Yhoator Jungle.

The same can be said about about Lebros Cavern. I mean look at it, you can see the liquid rock, the temperature in there must be several hundred degrees celsius, it should be too hot for human-like life forms to even be there, yet we don't get frequent fire weather.

The only elemental magian trial path that might be as popular as the str paths could be evasion daggers/katanas, considering some might want to dualwield them, and considering that even if you have an empy weapon for dagger/katana wielding jobs, you can still off-hand an evasion weapon. The price of breeze geodes and garudites is still higher than many other geodes, but because wind weather is a lot more common than fire, the prices are still held somewhat in check. I imagine if wind weather was as rare as fire, we'd be looking at 2-4 times more expensive breeze geodes.
    (11)
    Last edited by Mirage; 08-14-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Howdy,

After doing 2 str path weapons I can tell you the rate at which a geode drops compared to the higher versions is disproportionate to what is required to do the final stages. By this I mean out of killing mobs on days I saw only 6 geodes drop compared to 18 Ifritite (this is total for all trials completed of kill xxx amount of mob type, not per trial but all trials combined). If something is considered a higher grade, should it not drop less often than the lower grade counter part? Why not place zones that also have the ability to force specific weather events but still have limited access restrictions (much like nyzul being 30 min at a time and a max of 4-5 entry periods depending on tags player has)?

Pointing out that there is similar weathers that don't occur is counter productive as you are just shifting focus without looking at the other fact you have zones where the effect is constant inside and instanced zone. This makes the difficulty of getting light geode/carbite much lower than fire geode because it is a zone that has double light weather for 30 minutes at a time. This is what offsets the cost of the two so significantly because people do ni/niu frequently meaning supply:demand ratio lowers the pricing where as supply:demand ration on fire has no such secondary option available to offset how rare it occurs.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 08-14-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    By this I mean out of killing mobs on days I saw only 6 geodes drop compared to 18 Ifritite (this is total for all trials completed of kill xxx amount of mob type, not per trial but all trials combined).
    Just a thought....if you had been killing lower level mobs to avoid the Ifritites being in the pool, that might have been 24 flame....that's why I farmed mine mostly in QSC.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    First off, you are so out of touch it is not funny. With that being said, here is my advice to the Development team. It is something that they have had an issue with since almost day one.

Think before you act. You think in a box, with blinders on, black and white. You seem to never ever think about the repercussions of your actions. I doubt there was one person, even a 10 year old kid that didn't immediately realize that the price of flame geodes would skyrocket as soon as they saw it was used in a new strength ring. So my question is, how is it possible that you guys completely missed it?
    I spend lots of time with computer guys at work, programmers, and they all have the same thing in common and it is what plaques this development team. As stated earlier, it is the inability to think outside the box and see the affect of your actions.
    You have practically destroyed the ability to make strength based magian weapons.
    You have destroyed the ability to upgrade a WOE weapon past the basic trials.
    You have made Emp weapons easier to get then the Woe when the WOE were supposed to be the alternative for casual players.

So again, think think think.

fyi, that change in the Beastmaster 2 hour, seriously, the worst 2 hour ever and you guys manage to make it worse. Absolutely astounding.
    (10)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The price of dark/light/water/ice/earth/thunder geodes match the usability of the goods they produce. I could use one of many analogies using real life situations on "why", but i think my time is better spent asking that the next tier of ring/earring be released so the avatar-ite (ifritite) can be used for something other than trials.

I would like to suggest a trade system similar to the beastmen's seal x3 = 1 some other type:

3 fire crystals = 1 Red Rock
    3 Red Rock = 1 Sardonyx
    3 Sardonyx = 1 Garnet
    3 Garnet = 1 Sunstone
    3 Sunstone = 1 Ruby
    3 Ruby = 1 Flame Geode
    3 Flame Geode = 1 Ifritite

Using this system, i would allow for multiple types of farming for one goal, such as: while farming specifically flame geodes, you could, say, kill goblins on fire day/weather, and put those crystals toward your geode farmin session. It would promote farming in any zone that has monsters that drop fire crystals / clusters.

As an added bonus, allow any of the above to be traded directly to a Synergy Furnace to refill the corresponding element's fewell. Also allowing players to reverse the trade to specificaly crystals, it wouldnt hurt crafters' need for crystals.

Think of the possibilities!
    (1)
    Last edited by Washburn; 08-14-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

As mentioned, the price of Flame Geodes is comparatively quite high due to its popularity for creating items such as Flame Gems/Pyrosoul Rings and completing Magian Trials.

Looking at weather frequency versus cost, dark and light weather is also rare, yet the price of these geodes are not very expensive. Also, there isn't a difference between the rate of obtaining Snow and Flame geodes that would cause a difference of 80x the cost.

With that said, increasing the drop rate for these would only be for convenience purposes. If you have any specific examples as to how Flame Geodes drop rates are not balanced versus other elements, please let us know and we can submit them for consideration.
    You can't be serious.

Both versions of Nyzul are a huge source of the light geodes. If Nyzul had fire weather I would be perfectly content.

Xarcabard (S) has pretty frequent dark weather. I have been able to do any sort of dark weather trial there.

Yes, the demand is lower for light and dark, but there are solid areas to get them in WITH WEATHER. There is no solid choice of zone to camp weather in.

There are solid weather zones with wind for those geodes such as Grauberg (S) or even the Labyrinth of Onzozo and those have a very high demand too. They are nowhere near the price.

The price of fire geodes will never be as low as any of the others, but to ignore the fact that they are harder to get when it is right in front of your face is asinine. You go on about balance, but sweep simple things under the rug with excuses.

If I wanted to I could reasonably go camp a zone with weather for any geode, except fire.

EDIT: Besides, before trites were added flame geodes were about 30k cheaper a geode. Why not mix it up and not <insert suggestive phrase here> people who did not finish the weapon before the trites were added.

It is really not hard to please me, and I do not like to whine. When something is obvious however, and we get a shrugging of the shoulders it is just annoying.
    (17)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 08-14-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast