Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Character
    Myumi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    You aren't forced to rely on weather, you can do fire day as he said. Just like with weather/day trials, you could do weather(counts as 5 kills; geodes common drop) or day(counts as 1 kill; geodes rarer drop). I've made 3 99 STR magians and it's not a big deal.
    Firesday is the only reliable way of doing these weapons, as opposed to the others when you can go on any time and have the weather needed. It is a big deal, Magian weapons are supposed to be casual weapons. I don't consider 4M casual for a single weapon. God forbid ya need to make multiple STR weapons.

Regardless, only thing I've gotten from the Com Reps/Devs is they a) don't give a damn or b) have no idea how their own game works.
    (3)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    You aren't forced to rely on weather, you can do fire day as he said. Just like with weather/day trials, you could do weather(counts as 5 kills; geodes common drop) or day(counts as 1 kill; geodes rarer drop). I've made 3 99 STR magians and it's not a big deal.
    Missed the point cause you only skimmed the response. When a person has to move around their daily life schedule to get kills on days only to expedite the process then it is going against that lovely screen you click away before logging in.

A word to our players
    Exploring Vana'diel is a thrilling experience. During your time here, you will be able to talk, join, and adventur with many other individuals in an ecperience that is unique to online games.

That being said, we have no desire to see your real life suffer as a consequence. Don't forget your family, your friends, your school, or your work.
    I think that rearranging my sleep or rushing to get home, or leave late is a significant impact on real life. It goes against being even remotely player friendly to people in similar situations I am in. By your reasoning they should remove weather dependencies all together so that they only drop on days since that is all a player should need to complete these weapons. Extreme redirection, yes, but if it doesn't apply to other geodes to this extent then it shouldn't be an excuse as to why they can't amend fire weather occurrences. This doesn't just apply to the geode stage, but all stages period since there should be the option to work on it even if you can't manage to get on when the day is up.

There shouldn't be an absolute reliance for casual or time restrictive players to have to rely on AH to get the items when others are steadily, and constantly, raising the price. Not when similar rare weathers actually do occur more frequently due to being able to go into instanced areas, or just hang out in Mire/xarc(s)/vhazl(s)/glacier(s) and still complete these on a more casual play time.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kitkat; 08-14-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Character
    Gippo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Are the devs not seeing the issue here?? When I'm doing a LS event, and people scream out "Flame geode!" , something is wrong....

We are not complaining about the price of the geodes, we are complaining of the bad drop mechanics, because since fire weather is non existant... you have to farm on the day, and drop rate is much lower on the day. It's so low in fact, that doing 2 STR axes for my bst mule, has netted me 6 geodes, total, and im on the stages asking for 15 x2...

casual players? just ...no.
    ugh...
    (4)
    Last edited by Gippo; 08-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Go do dynamis for 2 days and profit. Yeah they're rare, but who cares. 4 mil seems worth it for that good of a weapon. Grind it out. Se won't do anything about this for along time. I finished 2 str weapons in a week. Just doing fire days and an occasional dyna. This is really nothing to be complaining about. You have the option to buy.
    (2)
    Last edited by Fupafighter; 08-14-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Guys~ SE said its "Balanced". this thread is over~ lol
    (0)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Howdy,

Sorry I would like to correct what was posted slightly (edited previous post, was my error!). It is not that case that light and dark weather are rarer than fire weather, but it is the case that they are rare weather occurrences as well, yet the prices for those respective geodes are not expensive like that of Flame Geodes.

Also, as noted in the thread already, geodes also drop on the respective elemental day and the chance for them to drop on each day is balanced.

With that said, please continue to give your feedback and we will be sure to pass it on. Sorry for the mix up!
    Ah Camate not quite so. If it were the this way I would not have a bag of 50+ dark light ice thunder earth wind and water geodes (after making staffs for fire ice thunder wind and water) and still only have 7 flame geodes. Especially when a bulk of my fighting is on fireday/weather due to trials.

I want to believe you Camate REALLY I DO. But the proof is in the pudding.
    (3)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    I hope SE neglects the rest of the game JUST TO PLEASE a bunch of casual failures who can't be assed to farm the gil for geodes. SOA? Push that back to 2020 please. The UI update? PLEASE don't even give it to us, just trash that idea.

What's more important here is making flame geodes for lazy people!
    (3)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post

I think that rearranging my sleep or rushing to get home, or leave late is a significant impact on real life. It goes against being even remotely player friendly to people in similar situations I am in. By your reasoning they should remove weather dependencies all together so that they only drop on days since that is all a player should need to complete these weapons. Extreme redirection, yes, but if it doesn't apply to other geodes to this extent then it shouldn't be an excuse as to why they can't amend fire weather occurrences. This doesn't just apply to the geode stage, but all stages period since there should be the option to work on it even if you can't manage to get on when the day is up.

There shouldn't be an absolute reliance for casual or time restrictive players to have to rely on AH to get the items when others are steadily, and constantly, raising the price. Not when similar rare weathers actually do occur more frequently due to being able to go into instanced areas, or just hang out in Mire/xarc(s)/vhazl(s)/glacier(s) and still complete these on a more casual play time.

Why would you be rearranging your sleep schedule or rushing to get home? Does SE require you to finish your weapon in a certain time frame? No. Take as long as you want. You chose to do those things that alter your real life situation/schedule, not SE. You wanted the item faster, SE didn't force you to create it so fast. Casual playing is just that, casual. Don't try to act like you're a casual player when you're willing to make unnecessary sacrifices for a video game, then blame the creators for making you do so. Can't make the next firesday? Wait for the next, or the next, or the next, etc.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    I hope SE neglects the rest of the game JUST TO PLEASE a bunch of casual failures who can't be assed to farm the gil for geodes. SOA? Push that back to 2020 please. The UI update? PLEASE don't even give it to us, just trash that idea.

What's more important here is making flame geodes for lazy people!
    I think you mean employed ppl with friends and family outside of game who look at their inventory and wonder why they have so many of 7 types of geodes and so little of 1, not to mention the one they need, when they are mostly fighting on that day/weather.

Oh wait sorry. Voices from the real world can be scary. My bad.
    (4)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The rate of Light (outside of Nyzul Isle) and Fire weather occurence compared to all other weathers in this game is unbalanced. Why the developers haven't looked into balancing it yet?
    (1)

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast