Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    SE was aware of how frequent fire weather appears when they created geodes and the trials. If you want them to change it, you'll have to come up with a better argument than telling them what they already know.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Aarahs View Post
    SE was aware of how frequent fire weather appears when they created geodes and the trials. If you want them to change it, you'll have to come up with a better argument than telling them what they already know.
    So they knew they were doing something stupid right from the beginning? Not surprising. Doesn't mean we can't tell them how stupid it was. They have changed stupid things they've done before when we've complained. Sadly their corrections often don't go far enough, but they do listen at times. If we continue to stay silent on the issue then for sure nothing will happen.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Ragmar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There are zones with fire weather about 50% of the time so this whole idea of it being rare is just wrong. My STR path axe was one of the absolute easiest trials I have ever done start to finish. Pro tip: They aren't in abyssea.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragmar View Post
    There are zones with fire weather about 50% of the time so this whole idea of it being rare is just wrong. My STR path axe was one of the absolute easiest trials I have ever done start to finish. Pro tip: They aren't in abyssea.
    My BS detector just about exploded with that post. The only areas with fire weather usually have the other weather pattern or clear weather more than 3/4 of the time (Cape Teriggan being the clearest example). Even if it does get hot, the pattern doesn't last long enough to get more than 1~2 geodes. This is terrible planning at best.
    (3)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    I didn't understand you here. You say no because DDs in a party would all have better weapons and that's a bad thing? Is that really what I heard? What?
    Yea my message seems kind of stupid for me also, but this what i did for a friend that never played this game. First 2 days got him to lv99. Then I the next 3 days got him up to the geodes spot and told him he on his own do you really want to see that many newbies have those types of weapons that fast? If you got enough the teleporters stuff unlocked you can carry a friend. These were 15hr plus days though and on a voice chat system.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    My BS detector just about exploded with that post. The only areas with fire weather usually have the other weather pattern or clear weather more than 3/4 of the time (Cape Teriggan being the clearest example). Even if it does get hot, the pattern doesn't last long enough to get more than 1~2 geodes. This is terrible planning at best.
    I agree to a point but you forgot that , any mob at lv50 can have the geodes, and if can find a person that level syncs to around lv60-80 there is alot of areas you can also look at in wing of goddess area and aht urhgan areas is lv99.

the meriphataud mountains [s] area you normally see fire for 5 min even if there alot of dust storms, with enough bouncing around you can most the time find one the areas that got fire weather with mobs at lv50+ it just that some them areas are to weak from lv75+ also.

When I was helping this one friend do his flame geode trials, we did get a lv99 thief friend help us out a few times, we just get the loadstone and run around the quicksand caves if fire weather was coming out and if was dark day we just check the weather reporter or are the magian specetacles , by having one of us warping to all the areas. and yea it still took a few weeks and was not to easy. For that one dude saying it is easy lucky.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Hmmm....the absurdly low drop rates may be boiling down in part to choice of where people are farming for them. For example:

Cape has wind as the dominant weather, and prone to pop a good bit even during the non-sunny forecasts (a lot of the fire cycles there are actually not forecast, and pop during the Sunny forecasts randomly), and a good bit of the mobs can take a bit longer to kill depending on the job you are on. If you are using somewhere like the Cape or Mt. Z, etc. you are more likely to have better results gathering the wind or earth based drops to sell on AH and flip that gil into the fire rocks through the AH (Ifrit's can be bad for the fact that water is dominant, and Aqua tends to be a poor seller for converting to flame).

On the other hand, somewhere like QSC can be better because most the fire cycles are forecasted (more accurate planning), and the mobs are considerably lower and easier to hunt/kill to keep your chances for drop higher. Soil can be a very common drop here when fire is out of season too, which comes handy if you are interested in converting them to other elements through the AH/Bartering--but I found it to be one of the better areas for scoring flame drops by day/weather.

Regardless of where you farm them though, the drop rates in general simply have a pretty stupid restriction on them that needs to be removed. Just lifting the cooldown timer alone could potentially bring them in the ballpark of @ 10-20% or so naturally--don't think that would be too game breaking, and would go a LOOOONG way towards easing people's frustrations over geode availability.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 08-08-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4500 View Post
    Part of me thinks they should make the flames geodes drop more, but the other part of me feels that the way it is , is just fine since some of those weapons are top tier weapons and the next lv of weapons that you will make are going cost 10 times or more in gil and going take a ton of weeks or much longer just to get. , also if they made it to easy of a drop rate i can see were we start to have full alliances of monks doing everything with the lv99 weapon only for every party events and with the high price and bad drop rate it kind of slows that down. Then everyone would have to be that job.

One idea i would like to see is a geode trader , trade in like 25 aqua geodes get one flame geode, something like that.
    In what world is that balanced?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    In what world is that balanced?
    Aqua are 1k, so that would actually cut the cost down by 2/3rds XD
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Aqua are 1k, so that would actually cut the cost down by 2/3rds XD
    You can also get them to drop like every 6 minutes or so in some zones.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast