Thread: BST Pet Power

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

BST Pet Power

I'm just taking the opportunity to be first english speaker to post on BST forums :P

I'll continue to test our pets and try to demystify how we can use them.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Toruco
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Power---------!!

let's enjoy with pet!
    (0)

Player
    I haven't tested the leech yet (been too lazy to farm mats, and none up on Shiva AH), but from messing with others, so far this is what I've seen: Bloodclaw (or w/e, forgot name exactly. [kitty]) is my favorite choice for the harder hitting, higher lv mobs, as it's paralyzing move can be extremely potent. It's dmg also seems to be on par with the raptor's normal hits.
    The raptor itself seems to have the hardest hitting crits, but doesn't DA as often as the rest, though it's attack speed seems to be higher than the sheep's, making up for this. It always seems to be the weakest defense wise, both physically and magically. This can be countered by it's amazing break away speed. I had it tanking the behemoth KSNM99 for a group's BB item drops, it can actually out run Meteor if you heel fast enough. You can also get all the way to the other side of the arena and have it Stay to recover a bit of HP, or just to get it away from you when he catches up and starts casting again.
    Dipper is pretty random. It's physically weak, though it seems to have a higher resistance to most forms of magic (I've seen it get hit with Thundaga III by a lv 80+ mob and do like 83 dmg), but aside from it's TH(2/3?), it's evasion it is what sets it apart. Raskovnik was eating my sheep left and right, so I threw Dipper at it. The NM missed 30+ times in a ROW, including 3 TP moves. I never even healed Dipper after I sent it out, and Rask had about 48% HP when I called it out. Dipper still had 86% HP after the fight. Only defense Atma I had on was GH, which gives I think +50 agility.
    Last, but not least, is our favorite sheep friend. It's cheap, it does good dmg, it's got an insane amount of HP. So what brings it down? It has the evasion of a dead elephant. It doesn't seem to resist -any- magic, except maybe thunder based. So basically, it's a MNK. I haven't completed my -pdpt set yet, but I'm getting there. I'm willing to bet with enough pdt, my sheepy friend can be the best tank of the bunch, since the mobs will have to fight through it's enhanced def., and 2k+ rewards being thrown at it ever 1 min and 30 seconds.
    (0)