Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

[dev1135] Beastmaster 2-Hour Ability Comments After Testing.

Moving this discussion over from the "[dev1088] Beastmaster two-hour abilities" thead I started over to this new thread with the dev1135 tag to ensure our comments and feedback are reviewed.

That being said, Mavrick has tested the Beastmaster 2-Hour ability and below are the notes of his results. In bold I highlighted a few key points of this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    I just used this 2 HR on the test server...
    It does exactly what it says and not much more.
    - Can be used regardless of distance between master and pet
    - Kills pet and absorbs HP.
    - Gain the effect of Reraise III
    (ie you still loose exp if you die with this RR effect, and you will have weakness for 5 mins)
    - The RR effect wears off after if it is used.
    - Call Beast timer does not get reset.
    - This is most likely a glitch but the pet command "Ready" gets reset to 2:00:00. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it was working as intended.
    - This ability does not work with charmed pets.

Worst job ability ever.
    Since Mavrick tested this ability and shared his results, my opinion of this ability remains unchanged in thinking that the ability needs to be redone. It is of no benefit to the Beastmaster job and makes me question what SE had in mind that deemed this ability worthy of being a 2-hour. As for the Read getting reset to 2:00:00 i do hope it is a glitch of sorts and that it will be addressed.

Please share your thoughts and feedback of this ability after we have tested it so perhaps it can revisit the drawing board.

Again thank you Mavrick for testing the Beastmaster 2-Hour hope you don't mind my moving your post over here.
    (16)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

I would submit suggestions but SE might find the criticism inflammatory and lock the thread :P

Kidding aside, my suggestion doesn't change. If it does not reset pet timers, it's utterly useless.
    (10)

Player
    The new ability is even worse than I expected it to be, and I was expecting the worst thing since sliced bread that somebody pooped on.

The times when I would want to eat a jug-pet for buffs would be group activities. Some healing provided just as well by somebody casting a simple spell or two on me, and a better Reraise effect than my earring or scroll could provide are not things I am hurting for in those situations. They are not even things I want at all if they come in the form of my 2-hour ability.

If this ability were more in-line with Spirit Surge, and offered a mix of unique bonuses and offensive bonuses then I would hate it much, much, much, much less. Not that Spirit Surge is even good, but it is several worlds better than the new Beastmaster ability.

If the theme of this ability is "Eat your pet rabbit and get some buffs and stuffs." then I'd be much happier if the buffs and stuffs were offensive in nature.
    (11)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The ability right as it reads on the paper is a good one.
    As a BST you allready got the best support buddy why do you want to boost yourself?
    As for the original DRG and then overhauled 2h it's an emergency ability and compared to that BST got a better one.
    Please spare me with Twilight-Set, RR-Ring/-Scroll. It's an emergency 2h. Nothing that would break the game but will help the job in certain situations.

But before the flamewars beginns, lets see how the new 2h will work out after it got fixed on the testserver.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    As a BST you allready got the best support buddy why do you want to boost yourself?
    As for the original DRG and then overhauled 2h it's an emergency ability and compared to that BST got a better one.
    Please spare me with Twilight-Set, RR-Ring/-Scroll. It's an emergency 2h. Nothing that would break the game but will help the job in certain situations.

But before the flamewars beginns, lets see how the new 2h will work out after it got fixed on the testserver.
    how is this anything other than a trolling post?
    The ability is useless. Wait, no its not useless. Its impractical to the point of being useless.
    As far as fixing on the test server... you mean the ready timer set to 2 hours? Fixing that won't affect how practical the 2-hour is. The way it works won't change. what need is there to test more? its easy to see what situations it will work in for any bst veteran. There is nothing to see. Like many other bsts here, I've been in all those situations. I've tried to stretch the possibilities of what can be done on bst for years.

Automatons are 'support buddies'; BST pets are fighting/tanking partners. An ability like Cannibalize doesn't help the story either. Bst don't hate their pets, they are akin to them. The entire implication of this ability is that we eat the pet. No one wants to eat their cat or dog or any companion.

There is no "sparing the twilight set/rr scroll." both are Legitimate, much-more-cost-effective alternatives which require the same amount of time to execute (twilight anyway, scroll takes 2seconds of forethought). You want to illegitimatize the argument w/ attitude?

I'm not asking for anything game breaking, but they want to make a new 2-hour, at least make something worthwhile. Familiar is a good solid 2-hour. Its not as fantastic now as it was when charming was actually useful, but 10% hp and 10% haste (w/augmented gear) for pet is really good.

Instant JA restoration/reraise is cool... but compared to the opportunity cost, its silly.
    (15)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    That is lame! It doesn't work on charmed pets? That would be the most ideal situation to use it, instead of wasting your jug pet...
    (10)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yes we do have a strong Pet to the point it is more then a "support buddy". Our pets are designed to work along with us and most times take damage for us that would prevent us from loosing much HP except for scenarios when we have no pet and at those times this ability does not do Beastmaster any good because we need to have a pet to kill to use it. This ability can not be compared to the Dragoon 2-Hour because on Dragoon the player is actually taking damage, not the pet. Not sure were your question "why do you want to boost yourself?" is coming from.

Let me try get on the same page as you understand how your saying this ability is useful through your eyes. No I will not bring up the many ways to already have Reraise on yourself.

So your saying as a Beastmaster you've been in "certain situations" were your low on hp you are drenched in status downs and your pet is alive but has been unable to prevent you from taking the damage you have. This would be when your either outside of Aby (because Aby has temp items to heal you or prevent damage with fanatics/fools) or your in Aby and have already used up all your temps. In this scenario you would most likely not be subbing dancer to heal yourself with TP or remove status aliments because your low on HP and have status aliments on you. Your Call Beast timer would probably be down because you just took the damage and status aliments and probably recalled your pet that was killed (hence how you most likely took the damage in the first place I don't know how you'd be in this scenario and have taken that much Damage with Call Beast up and your pet alive). In this "certain situation" I had just described your saying that you would, as a Beastmaster, kill off your pet to heal yourself? How would this help Beastmaster?

If I'm mistaken in the "certain situations" this new 2-hour would help can you please share when you personally would use this 2-hour over Familiar? I'd love to see some good in this 2-hour and would be delighted if you can point it out to me but as much as I've thought about it i can't see any use in the 2-hour.

After it "got" fixed on the test server? You lost me here, it has not yet been fixed or altered in any way nor have they stated they will. They most likely will when they see the Ready timer goes up to 2:00:00 on use but what do you expect them to fix in fixing that that would benefit Beastmaster?
    (3)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Badieh View Post
    That is lame! It doesn't work on charmed pets? That would be the most ideal situation to use it, instead of wasting your jug pet...
    I agree 100%, that would have been one of the best perk's of this 2 hour. The way it's set up now basically has player's admitting there defeat by converting there pet and waiting to eat it. Seem's like a lousy way to go out. It's like saying I give up. I'll kill my pet you kill me and I'll come back in 10 minutes. Lame
    (8)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    They might as well have not given us anything... that's how unlikely I am to ever use this.
    (8)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This ability shouldn't be "fixed" or "sent back to the drawing board". It should be put to sleep, so that the dev team can restore HP and get a reraise effect.
    (9)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast