Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    What happened to the new 2hr they promised BST that would allow them to call a powerful notorious monster pet? Or did they just turn that into Run Wild?
    I don't remember any such promise.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The JP players are saying the same things as far as I can tell (note to self: learn to speak / read Japanese).
    Exactly. I just glanced at the Matsui suggestion thread and guess what? Be it a bad suggestion or a good one, the JP forum, more or less, mirror our own. It really is remarkable.
    (2)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Does the JP forum have more or fewer trolls? I'm curious how many "visits" our fellow BST get from other jobs who hate them for being alive.

Also, that "Summon an NM" ability was kicked around here for a few weeks, but no reps ever hinted at it being used or even considered. It would probably be too much fun.
    (2)

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I just had a crazy Idea! How about this Defensive 2 hour Force all the Enmity onto our pet from everyone inside of the group with us, grant the PET a stoneskin effect = to its max hp and grant it a regen effect = to what they want US to recieve. Kinda like an emergency Invincible for groups in dire need of a sloppy seconds tank?
    Or is that too far off base from what we're going for and overpowered...

If thats the case we should probably make the defensive ability something that actually would benefit the job in an emergency situation allowing it to play off of its other JOB abilities or traits (oh i think im onto something bst uses pets? right?)
    So maybe those ideas about an emergency 2 hour pet that lasts 5 minutes isn't a terrible idea? Oh and then we could vote on what type of pet we'd like to see as a defensive backup pet and you guys get to satisfy your community base!
    Partially.

Oh or we could make the emergency 2 hour so that BST can charm normally uncharmable monsters. (Up to a certain point of course IE: no charming bosses or NMs). Not that thats really much of a 2 hour either. But I would love to charm me some quadav :3.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raborn; 09-04-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The trolls always come around to the bst thread trying to share their unhappiness.
    (6)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Chamaan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Eating your own pet in front of a monster should give 100% to all Killer traits to you and anyone in your party. Man if I was a monster that'd scare me to see a beastmaster just turn on his own pet and start eating it right there in the field like some kind of ghoul.
    (7)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Raborn View Post
    Oh or we could make the emergency 2 hour so that BST can charm normally uncharmable monsters. (Up to a certain point of course IE: no charming bosses or NMs). Not that thats really much of a 2 hour either. But I would love to charm me some quadav :3.
    Give BST Fanatic Dance (Charm beastmen, AoE). It'll be just as useless and random as Cannibalize, but at least a more entertaining usage of one's 2-Hour.

(Or they really could just give the stoneskin to the pet?...)
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How about this:
    Devoted Master (I'm bad at naming things. Woe be to any children I may produce.)
    Recast 2:00:00
    All Enmity accrued by the pet is shifted to the master. The master gains a Stoneskin effect (equal to half of the pet's maximum HP). The master is immune to status ailments for 30 seconds. Reward recast is set to 0 during this 30 seconds.

Basically you take hate, Cure bomb your pet, Snarl, and you're back in business. A smart BST probably wouldn't even get hit, but there's the Stoneskin if you're in a position where it's unavoidable. It's probably broken as hell, but that's what a 2-hour should be IMO.
    (5)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    How about this:
    Devoted Master (I'm bad at naming things. Woe be to any children I may produce.)
    Recast 2:00:00
    All Enmity accrued by the pet is shifted to the master. The master gains a Stoneskin effect (equal to half of the pet's maximum HP). The master is immune to status ailments for 30 seconds. Reward recast is set to 0 during this 30 seconds.

Basically you take hate, Cure bomb your pet, Snarl, and you're back in business. A smart BST probably wouldn't even get hit, but there's the Stoneskin if you're in a position where it's unavoidable. It's probably broken as hell, but that's what a 2-hour should be IMO.
    No, it should be counter-productive in emergencies and of dubious quality in any other practical situation. At this point I'd rather have a 2 hour that does absolutely nothing over the current one, like an ability that summons a unicorn that talks about friendship and then disappears in a flash of rainbow dust and butterflies. I think it'd be good for moral support, plus I like butterflies and unicorns.
    (0)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14