Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raborn View Post
    Before I go an give my 2 cents on a "better idea" for BST's merit 2 hour. I see opportunity in this. In your testing, did you get your pets hp to < 10% or <1% and what is the hp ratio returned to the master?

So here's the scenario: Your pets almost dead, you've been getting thwacked on by AOE's, no healers in sight. You know the second your pet falls you're going down, what do you do? pop the 2 hour get cured to full, pop another pet, slam it back on the monster. I don't understand the whole recast of 2:00:00 on ready but I'm pretty sure the devs will look into that (there is no reason what so-ever why the devs would need to restrict our pets tp usage). As long as this 2 hour DOES NOT reset Call Beast this could be very useful in high end engagement material (potentially stuff like higher level legion type matches or upper area KSNMs in bad spots) On top of this you get reraise 3. So if you die later on guess what? Chances are your call beast timer is back up so you reraise and throw another pet on it.
    Almost seems like SE is setting us up to win. Can't tell you how many times pre-75 cap break I died and wished I had just one more pet to throw out to finish off the fight.

I know its not the best 2hr but it does answer the few cries of those who are complaining about gil loss. (Now you guys dont need to blow alot of money on reraise items!) /trolls
    7 CP = 1 RR Scroll.

If you're fighting alongside your pet and you're eating AOE and know that your pet is going to die and you're out of Reward Items (or reward recast is down) and you're out of Mulsum, chances are you should be smart enough to run out of distance so you CAN call a new pet or zone/warp out or what have you. But what the heck does eating your pet so you can get some HP and RR will do at all? The much better alternative is to give us a real 2hr that will boost the dmg output of our pets or give it an increase in either PDT- or MDT- for a 30s-1min duration.

I seriously prayed that the dev will please please please play the BST job sometimes so that they truly understands what the BST community really want. Giving us something that is useless after multiple nerfs isn't what most of the BSTs want.
    (7)

That sounds exactly like what I was talking about. If you're fighting something with that kind of potential to kill you and your pet, you should have already prepped yourself with RR and probably a few emergency mulsums. And also as I stated previously, if the mob is that powerful, odds are, I already used familiar for the HP boost and 10% haste. If you declined to use familiar under the basis of "Well I might need to use cannibalize later in the fight" You really might want to consider not fighting at all.
    (9)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    I seriously prayed that the dev will please please please play the BST job sometimes so that they truly understands what the BST community really want. Giving us something that is useless after multiple nerfs isn't what most of the BSTs want.
    I have the same wish as you as well but apparently the developer still hate pet jobs, again and again. But yeah this is one of the worst 2 hours ever created - seems like the IQ over there just went downhill during the summer.
    (4)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Everyone is ranting about a 5 minute recast timer. In case your a BST and your recast timer is at 5 minutes your just a lousy one. I don't know any BST that would need to cast a pet - use the new 2h - and have to wait.
    If you do it that way your just the worst BST on your server!

The situation this 2h comes in handy is when you can't prevent you or your pet get beaten.
    Regardless the RR-effect this 2h will fill your HP bar and you can call a new pet or charm just another one - that mean yo u have to get your ass out of abyssea and other restricted areas.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    Everyone is ranting about a 5 minute recast timer. In case your a BST and your recast timer is at 5 minutes your just a lousy one. I don't know any BST that would need to cast a pet - use the new 2h - and have to wait.

The situation this 2h comes in handy is when you can't prevent you or your pet get beaten.
    Regardless the RR-effect this 2h will fill your HP bar and you can call a new pet or charm just another one - that mean yo u have to get your ass out of abyssea and other restricted areas.
    You have it backwards, if you actually force yourself into a spot where you need this ability, you are the worst bst ever. Nice try though. Care to troll again?
    (5)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Sure but you need to make a move.
    All I read is that you don't like the 2h cause it's not game breaking.

I pointed out where it's stength lies within. And I also pointed on your weak argumentation.
    All in all it's a well balanced 2h. Now SE has to make sure it will work as intended and everything is fine.
    (0)

All the argument on the subject has been made already in my earlier posts. This is, in fact, a useless 2hr. In any fight that matters, you'll use familiar. In any fight that doesn't matter, there's no reason to need this at all. For the rest of my opinion you can read my previous posts in the topic. I don't need to repeat myself again.

Not that anyone in this thread would take you serious either way. Your anti-bst sentiment is fairly infamous. But if you can come up with an actual use for this 2hr that isn't a result of being stupid and/or ill prepared, by all means, let's hear it.
    (6)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Haha... I like this forum and those BST. It's obvious they (that includes you too) are selfcentered, nonrealistic, associal individuals that screm that SE will throw them a cookie and ony them. I assume you will answer with a rant but that's something every idiot will do. ;p
    (0)

Player
    Haha... I like this forum and those BST. It's obvious they (that includes you too) are selfcentered, nonrealistic, associal individuals that screm that SE will throw them a cookie and ony them. I assume you will answer with a rant but that's something every idiot will do. ;p
    I don't like the incoming Beastmaster 2-hour because I don't like bad things. I hate the incoming Blue Mage 2-hour even more, because it may be even worse.

I want the Development Bros to give all jobs cookies, instead of giving most of them nothing and giving a couple of them baggies of cat vomit.

Why do you like cat vomit and bad things?
    (12)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Your very persistent Inhako but I do thank you for helping this thread get more traction. That being said your missing the point we are making.

For starters, I actually do agree with you here. If you call your pet and use this new your 2-hour you would be a challenged Beastmaster. However none of us have stated we would use it in this way. In fact in my first reply to you I gave you a detailed scenario of when this might be useful that didn't include any of this. Like Calamity said if you force yourself to use this 2-hour then that seems counter productive.

I don't know what rants about the Call Beast recast timer you are talking about. We have not complained about the recast timer at all... Perhaps reread the thread?

When a Beastmaster knows their pets will die we have something called Run Wild. Its a very niche ability that a Beastmaster may use in a situation where they know their pet will die. It kills off our pets 5 minutes after its use but gives Regen and various other buffs to our pet that should buy the Beastmaster time to react to the situation accordingly. This ability is on a 15 minute recast timer which is more reasonable then a 2-hour recast timer. Even though Run Wild is incredibly niche it at least stays in the idea of Beastmaster more so then Beastmasters "eating" their pets as a last resort.

Sure but you need to make a move.
    All I read is that you don't like the 2h cause it's not game breaking.
    If all you have read is that "we don't like the 2-hour because its not game breaking" I further suggest you reread the past comments in this thread more carefully. Many of us have also stated that this ability lacks game flavor as much as it isn't useful (though I have not brought it up in this thread personally yet i have in others). When have you seen any Beastmaster "eat" there own pets?

I pointed out where it's stength lies within. And I also pointed on your weak argumentation.
    All in all it's a well balanced 2h. Now SE has to make sure it will work as intended and everything is fine.
    I fail to see the strength that lies within this 2-hour that you have apparently pointed out to us. I'm afraid all you have pointed out Ihnako is the invalidity in your own argument when you suggest for us Beastmasters to charm a new pet after we eat our pets. Charm can't be used in much of the new content with the acception of some cases were we can Charm a Too Week monster. In addition even if we were to Charm Snarl does not work on charmed pets so if you did anything to take damage enough to actually use the Beastmaster 2-hour I recon you would have hate and now a useless Charmed pet if you somehow manage to find one in content were this 2-hour is remotely helpful.

Yes we can Call Beast instead of Charm but if your putting yourself in a scenario where you need to fully heal yourself at the cost of your pet your doing something wrong and we loop back to the question "When would this 2-hour actually be helpful?".

In addition you have yet to explain why it is a well balanced 2-hour on par with the majority of other 2-hours.

It's at this point you have lost what little logic you had in whatever point you were trying to make. In result of this you turn to criticism. The Beastmasters that have posted in this thread are none of the above that you mention. All of them have submitted reasonable and logical feedback to help SE fix this 2-hour.
    (9)
    Last edited by Vandheer; 08-10-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast